Madden 25 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by MoonBBad, Aug 13, 2013.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Go

2. andrew hart

andrew hart Walk On

has anyone been able to download it? it says its available online but nothing on the psn

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It won't be available until late afternoon/evening for PS3 platform.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I played Seahawks vs Packers...

LT running is an adjustment...
    slider options are slightly different
    Russell Wilson is going to be a bitch
    Played with passing accuracy @ 6. CPU tore me up... had difficulty as Wilson.
    Read Option seems to be working well... too well?

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

played 1 half on All-Madden default as BAL vs SF..

Seemed to be a lot cleaner with the infinity engine vs last year. Also, CPU Pass defense seemed to make a lot of good plays, and didn't notice any huge WTF moments with them. Might look at slider adjustments tonight after work.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I give up on all madden... the CPU is too hulked up and seems to make ratings meaningless

7. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I don't know if this is just for the demo, but as far as slider adjustments go, you can only make changes to the tackle slider for run defense.

8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I've played three games on default All Madden

Pros
    + Presentation is much improved, as is crowd noise (think they listened to the NCAA bitching)
    + Precision modifier works very well sometimes, and can result in some pretty awesome animations
    + Run blocking is very good.
    + IE 2.0. is a lot less awkward than Madden 13, and slightly smoother than NCAA14

Cons
    - Game feels very arcadey and fast to me on normal speed. I generally hate slow, but I've got to try it.
    - Coverage is a mess - even more so than NCAA
    - Like NCAA, run blocking is seemingly overpowered.
    - CPU play calling still way too predictable for my taste.
    - The commentary duo is just as awkward, but they do have some noticeably new lines.
    - Hit stick is still way overpowered, and results in far too many fumbles.

This game will cater to speed, speed speed, and I'm not a fan of that.

Overall? Pretty disappointed. Thank goodness this is just a demo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

It plays better on slow.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Speaking of Fumbles... are you seeing any in NCAA?

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Is this a bit of a non factor for us TMFL guys since it is all user game anyway ?

Any big improvements / let downs on control of the players ?

If you hate Wilson , I have a white guy with red hair you could have :D

12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

None to speak of really, especially in CPU games.

Also, meant cpu play calling was predictable, not competitive. Doesn't even make sense haha.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

EA made some defensive hot routing contorl changes that are quite odd. they changed the way to hook zone and assign a defender to an individual receiver, they just switched them pretty much, but added nothing new. What was the point of that? Hook zone use to be the left stick up now its left stick down? Oh EA changing stuff for nothing

Nobody probably cares about this.

Other than that, had trouble stopping the run as lynch was pinpalling all over the place. Breaking tackles was pretty common in my game.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

was it faster / easier to pull off with new changes ? some of us older guys need shit easier to get too lol

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

im getting old too at 32, it should be the same in terms of speed, just have to re-wire how you do hook zones and man coverage assignments. It doesnt take any more or any less steps to do a hot route, it is just done slightly different, literally from flicking your stick up in madden 13 to do a hook zone to now flicking your stick down to hook zone.

Flicking your stick down to man coverage assign in madden 13 to flicking stick up to man coverage assign.

Why they changed this, i have no idea, it makes no logical sense either to hook zone a defender by pressing the left stick down. Its like changing how to hot route blitz to flicking your stick up.

16. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Ya the hook zones drove me nuts. Also they moved deep zone over to where hook zone was, and put "man coverage" where deep zone was. Completely useless. I guess their logic was get away from hitting LB or whatever it was in madden to do man coverage.

Feels fast as hell to me but I've only played one game. I don't like how long the interception takes to animate (just like NCAA.) It looks cool I guess and will get used to it but its just another little change that leaves me scratching my head. Once we all figure out the new running controls etc I have a feeling offense will be more dominant than last year.

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Actually not sure what their logic was, i jus tknow it was pretty stupid . The man coverage hot route was right stick down, then they changed it to right stick up. Then they moved i guess deep zone to left stick up and hook zone to left stick down.

Essentially, the way you do things dont change, but EA decided to throw us a mental curveball to switch up which direction and which stick to flick up or down for no logical reason. Itll take us a few snaps to get use to it and then they will switch it back next year. the good thing is, i think they finally got rid of the strat pad.

18. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

Thus far it seems the running game, particularly the power run is much improved. However, a couple of times a game it seems like the stars have aligned for the running back (in terms of blocking) and he is off to the races. Even on all madden an incomplete pass was too rare. I don't believe I have had more than a couple of incomplete passes in any game. With that said, playing defense against the CPU hasn't gotten any harder (with the exception of the occasional 50 yard run). Coverage sacks are much more common for me now.

The precision modifier is pretty awesome. There seems to be a few new defensive plays. I love the new audible system, however, it doesn't work properly when you change the package (i.e. a formation with 2 TEs and 2WRs that gives you the option to go 3 WRs will only audible into 2 TE and 2 WR formations even if you have 3 WRs on the field - someone pass this issue along to EA?) I foresee a lot of people complaining about the pistol formation. Not that it's overpowered, but much like in the NFL, there is just too many possibilities out of it to account for them all (and the OLB/DE sometimes hesitates/plays the option even when the play called is not an option, again much like in the NFL). Although, on defensive you can now direct the defender to play the QB or play the RB.

The presentation is awesome. Much cleaner looking. Seems to be more injuries, especially to random players who didn't appear to be directly involved in the play. User-ing a D-line player is a little bit more fun in the sense that the D-line player moves are actually able to be done now. I typically was not really able to do a bull rush or swim move in previous releases. I've only had 1 completely blown coverage thus far. It also seems easier to make the CPU pay for not having help over the top. That's all for now. I may post more when I get a chance to play more.

• Like Like x 1
  19. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

My impressions:

Ball Carriers are now finishing plays. In the past, if a ball carrier (whether its a RB, TE, WR...) meets a defender near or at the first down marker, the majority of the time the defender wins the battle and stops the player in his tracks and the momentum is stopped. This year the offensive player is taking his momentum past that marker much more frequently for one or two more yards.

Precision passing seems to be toned down a bit. You can still pass lead but not to the extreme we were accustomed to in the past.

It appears that their is not a speed burst by the safety anymore when you manually switch over to him. In the past, the safety almost had a built in make up speed to get to the ball. This year I have noticed that is not as much the case, and if you are beat by a step, it is most likely you will not be able to automatically get that jump to the ball.

LBs are not as agile when you use them manually. They used to be able to move freely and change direction at will. It appears they have to plant their foot before changing direction now.

Purple zones seem to work better in comparison to last year.

When throwing in traffic, it appears that the WR drops the ball more often when getting hit right away. That will help guard the middle of the field a little bit better.

The double teams from the Oline are awesome. Then to watch them go to the second level to pick up another player is nice to watch.

Also the down field blocking is much improved. It appears the offensive player goes after the defender, rather than having to almost make the WR "run into the defender".

These are little details, but I appreciate them.

The game doesn't blow you away if you were looking for changes from Madden 13. I don't believe we need to re-invent the wheel each year to have improvements to the game.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

If power runs were much improved, then it is going quite overpowering since those runs were overpowered in madden 13.

So far in the run game, i see realistic momentum. In madden 13, if i run an iso with acceleration held down and ran up the middle for a few yards with full momentum going forward, a defender from behind would oddly grab my RB at tiems and fling me backwards. Forward momentum was pretty off in 13, hopefully that will be fixed at retail where the "tough yards" are more realistic.

21. MoonBBad

We haven't used Shaun's sliders yet on this. ;) If he makes passing as hard as it was last season you can forget precision passing LOL

22. MoonBBad

I had an issue with power backs in Madden 13. They didn't behave like power backs should. It was all about speed last year. I hope 25 brings the power run game back where I can be someone like Trent Richardson and they're going to run people over vs get blown back when a corner hits them.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Disappointed. Gameplay is better...I was excited about that. And I get that it's "just a demo." But these demos are likely smaller versions of the larger game. They should not have:

1) Invisible players/teams.
    2) A broken skills trainer. Start with Frank Gore and it doesn't tell me what to do! I just push buttons, do random shit and I either fail/succeed depending on how frisky the Madden gods are feeling.
    3) Character models looked better last year. Aaron Rodgers looks like a mongoloid.

The invisible players kills anything good for me. HOW can you release a demo with invisible players? Especially when I'm supposed to use this to decide whether to buy the game or not? Right now, it's a big no. I see similar issues with NCAA 14. Passing game is too easy, running game is over-powered. I'm tired of seeing these games catering towards people who want to win 70-3 every game.

I like a sim game. I like batting .280 sometimes on MLB the Show. I like not hitting 80 home runs. I like not scoring 18 runs per game.

There are some good things about the game, but there are a lot of bad things about it as well. Not going to be a day one purchase for me.

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    From what I'm hearing (I'll verify on Friday when I get a copy) that retail doesn't have invisible players.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Are the invisble players on the 360 version as well?