Madden 25 Impessions (Retail)

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, Aug 23, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'm saving a majority of my impressions for the site review, which should be up late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Interested in everyone's thoughts!

2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I like what I have seen so far, owner mode gives more than I thought it would. I do think there is a bug though, for online franchises I tried to clear a teams cap penalties and it did not work. Is anyone else seeing this? (Not to turn this into a bug/glitch thread)

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I really like the look and the layout of the CFM this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can you give me reproduction steps?

5. I Peench

Agreed. What are your thoughts on the main menu, though? Imo, it's pretty awful/confusing

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

You mean, you don't know about the birds and the bees?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I know the spray and pray.

8. I Peench

You should get into venture capital.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Yeah during testing, all I did was:
    1. Another Owner and myself dropped the 2 most expensive players on our roster. Giving us each $4M+ in cap penalties
    2. Then as commissioner go to League>Settings>User Teams>Select a team>Clear Cap Penalties
    3. The team's penalties will then show $0.
    4. Exit the menu.
    5. Go back inside the User Teams screen again, and the penalties are still there.
    It seems like the cap penalties are just being deleted cosmetically, but once you back out of that screen and go back in, they are still there. Even tried advancing a few weeks, but nothing. The penalties are still showing on the Team Salaries screen also. They don't go away until they would normally drop off, after that season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Personally, seeing way too many fumbles which appears the result of an overpowered hit stick. I'm setting fumbles in my offline to 25 and will see how this plays out.

The same goes for penalties not seeing enough. Going to bump up offsides (70) and false start (60) and see if I get better results.

11. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I found it to be well designed and aesthetically pleasing. However, the organization of the menu was somewhat confusing. I had to seek out a couple of things like the online communities for example.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Me too. I had the same trouble.

Overall, I like the CF layout and think its an upgrade from last year (CC).

• Like Like x 1
  13. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I am really liking the game this year. Here are some of my hot topics:

• WRs actually drop passes when creamed in traffic. Makes calling the right play more rewarding.
    • Physics are more true in coverage. I am seeing less matrix style Ints.
    • Blocking is really solid, and RB's with a high BCV it's almost overpowered.
    • Speedy backs are hard to stop. I have been able to road grade with TEN's OL & RB.
    • The overall look and feel is much improved and only takes a few games to become accustomed.
    • Easier to access more commonly used menus.
    • Combos are easier to pull off on offense. Players with a high juke rating can simply wiggle the LS to drop a defender in his tracks.
    • Pistol formation is fun.
    • Options work great, but I am finding QBs get hurt much more quickly due to the hitstick unleashing hell on the ball carrier.
    • XP has been reduced globaly. Meaning less is required and less is earned each week.
    • Story lines are cool as ever. Which are not available with imported NCAA rosters
    • DT's no longer suffer from "I've fallen and I can't get up" syndrome. They seriously bull rush and can get serious pressure now, without get knocked to the ground every other play. The physics and animation is way better.
    • RB's no longer get stuck hip-to-hip when approaching the line of scrimmage. CJ seems to always perform a little move or jerk before contact and glide to the hole/crease.
    • Turbo is tied into stamina with a meter below the used character

Overall it's way more fun than last years game & I think creates a better chess match style game play.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Played about five games today and this is what i noticed:

Im glad that they finally got rid of the zig zag for the most part, the problem is now, defenders have problems reacting when the offensive player makes a left stick cut. The defenders will just run through the offensive player without making contact. So now instead of zig zagging, if you try to zig zag, your player will stutter, but the defender will get dooped and dont react time and time again, im able to run left with left stick and quickly right and would juke defenders constantly. Dont think its realistic when im gaining almost 10 yards a carry on all madden against CPU and in lobby on all pro...

In addition to that, the dive button in 2012 and 2013 were revamped and was actually useful, now they seem to of nerfed it so it is harder to stop the run. The dives continue to miss because the offensive player can left stick juke when you dive or do that precision thing. If you try to strafe against a fast back, not going to work.

Also, i've seen this a few times, it was kind of odd. I haven't used the precision, but i was playing somebody i think was using the precision thing doing like spin moves and jukes or whatever, but a bunch of times when he did, my defender would freeze and stand there. One instance, the guy threw a curl and did a spin right after the catch and my guy was touching him , but just stood there. Another time, some guy run outside and did a juke spin thing and my CB just stood there not even running or reacting, just frozen in one spot.

Im glad blocking was improved, but i dont think its realistic to see FBs pancaking linebackers constantly. When i played, ton of FB pancakes and WR pancakes as well, we know running outside is overpowered, now that WRs are pancaking, going to make it even harder to stop. Do i like to see Denarious Moore pancaking a CB when i run? Sure, but come on, denarious moore?

Simply, increased blocking and juke moves for ball carriers, but nerfed the defense. Defender dont react or wont make contact although right next to runner.

The passing game seems to be the same, except that the ball carrier has a huge advantage now with the ability to cut and the lack of reaction by the defender.

If you thought last year the run was easy, you are going to have a fun time running the ball this year.

15. I Peench

There's coverage in this game? :troll:

16. Remo357

Remo357 Walk On

I personally do not agree with the default view. Seems like I'm in the good year blimp! I rather switch it back to the wide view where it just fills the screen. Hey?, maybe it's because I'm old and can't see ? IoI honestly the standard view is too far out in my opinion.

17. I Peench

Have you tried the zoom camera? I actually really like it, pans out fast enough for you to see the full field. Only problem is pre-snap you have to move side to side to see the X and Z receivers.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Here is a list that i like and dislike

Like:
    -owner is nice to have back even though it would be nice to have more parts of the coaching staff and the abilty to fire all personnel like the OC/DC(might be even a nice storyline touch if you could put pressure on a HC to do so).

-graphics are nice and clean. don't see much if any of the quirky body movements we saw last version.

-skills challenge is fun and helpful when its working properly and not playing tricks on what they want you to do.

-Ball hawk seems to work a lot better in madden than ncaa.
    Dislike:
    -running game is way overpowered. when playing lobby(i know i know) people are not afraid to keep running even with the clock ticking away in the 2 min drill. I don't think i have played a game where the avg wasn't 7+ for both teams.

-Coverage is a complete joke. *inserting lame joke you have been warned* How many madden CBs does it take to change a lightbulb? I don't know i can't find any to find out. *end of bad joke* Its even worse than NCAA. I know CBs are not supposed to be able to make instant cuts for these cut routes, but guys with good to great MCV shouldn't be 10yds down field when wrs make their cuts.

-Pass Rush & 3/4 defense. Still no pass rush when your not on a heavy blitz. I know some people like the 3-4, but it has never in either football game worked like its real life counterpart at least when it comes to pass rush. The OLB are the players that should be tallying the majority of the sacks(w/the exception of watt) and they have been made useless just like the DE. this probably has something to do with coverage being so bad, but to me it seems like the QB is able to get the ball out way faster than he should.

-Custom Playbook is leap years behind ncaa. I find it tedious and set up very poorly unlike ncaa's clean and user friendly approach.

-The Sim guy might not give you as many sales as those lobby cheesedicks that want 100-95 games, but we should get a decent game for 60 bucks. To make the Sim guy jkhaalis991 the F out of sliders to even make the product a decent play is a slap in the face to the guys that want to play the game year long and are not just waiting for the next COD to come out to go cheesedick there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I heard lot of people say the game feels arcade like.....that and the secondary coverage is a complete joke is the reason I'm staying away from Madden this year again.......Maybe next year :(

20. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Coverage killed the game for me. It's a gamebreaker. I pride myself on defense and seeing play after play of ridiculous coverage and awful defensive AI, I promptly shipped it back to Gamefly. Not upset I didn't buy it, and not sure I will unless I hear it's greatly fixed with a patch.

Pretty hilarious that I'm a senior mod on the EA boards and I got banned for criticizing the game. Fuck that! Make a game that works on release day and I won't criticize!

21. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

They are right.

22. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

They probably had to dumb the coverage down for the assholes that can't tell the difference between man and zone. Now that coverage is bad all around they can't complain either way. It's a win for the tail tuckers :troll:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

They're gearing the game more towards the casual gamer and I understand part of that. You don't want to make a game so technically difficult that it alienates those who aren't hardcore football fans. However, you're alienating the hardcore football fans who realize "Hey, every offensive play isn't supposed to be a 15-20 yard gain. Why did that happen?" And realize that it's wonky AI and not just a good route/decision by the opponent.

What sealed it for me were two things:

1) I had Ryan Matthews run up the middle from the 8 yard line in overtime as a SS for Cincinnati. I'm dropping back in coverage and can't switch because it's connected career mode as a player. 5 of my guys make contact with him, not one even tries to engage a tackle animation. He runs directly into all of them, no one tries to tackle him, even as they are bumping chests with him, and he falls in the end zone. I lose the game in OT.

2) The next game, Leon Hall gets roasted on an out route for a TD. I go back to watch the replay to see what happened. Hall is backpedaling as he should as the guy runs forward. The WR makes the cut on his out route and Hall keeps backpedaling for another 10 yards (out of the back of the end zone) before he makes a break on the ball.

Quit the game, ejected the disc, sealed it up and walked it directly to the mailbox. No bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Indeed tough to take, it ain't that bad though, right?!? I have the game but I haven't put it in yet, after NCAA two cycles ago I've lowered my standards LoL. I guess I will see.

25. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

It did get me to purchase a PS2 copy of Madden 06 that I'm pretty excited about lol.

• Like Like x 1