Madden 25: Man coverage audibles

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by RynoAid, Jun 14, 2013.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Coach Ruckus shows how to customize coverage schemes in Madden 25. Check it out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Wait, this is already in the game, its not new, am i missing something here?

3. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Yeah, nothing new, but made it easier to do it seems.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Yeah, just a lot quicker.

5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Watched it again, yeah, they've eliminated a step, won't know exactly which step until i get home tho

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

You've played me, and understand that I do this all the time anyways, changing my defensive around. Now I have a quicker way to do it. :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

To add to what has already been said that this is nothing new, i think the person in the video is exaggerating this a bit much and overselling.

It is in the game right now and i believe it is done the same way with a slight change. The change simply being flip the right stick down instead of up that he says in the video. I have been doing this, this whole cycle. This is with the strategy pad link on or the old version for hot routing on defense

I believe if i picked a cover 3 as he did, and i wanted my MLB to cover the TE, i would simply highlight and press:

A
    Right stick down
    Select the receiver

Now i will have assigned my zone defender to cover a specific receiver. THese are three inputs which is the same in the video except he flips up instead of down like i would. Exactly the same amount of inputs and exactly the same feature. Unless i am watching this incorrectly, i see the same amount of inputs for the same purpose.

Also want to add something else that makes it easier too as well. In the video, he selects his cornerback on the leeft side of the screen and hot routes him to cover the WR. He chose a cover 3 zone, so somewhat of a disguise. THis can be done without even highlighting your guy in madden 13 and here is how:

PIck any player you want on your team, doesnt matter:

Hit the coverage audible button which is "y"
    Then hit A and i believe it is called individual coverage
    Press the corresponding button icon on the reciever and then choose shade left or right with the directional pad and you will assign man coverage

This method allows you to hotroute into a man coverage for one of your zone defenders covering an outside receivers without having a cursor on him. Sometimes, it works for slots as well.

This gives you a faster ability to quickly man coverage on the outside, but also have a cursor on lets say a safety to double up instead of switching back and forth.

Unless i am seeing the video wrong, not only is this is not new, it is not any faster and you can do it as quickly on m13. What i want to know is, what does the coverage audible menu have, since pressing a on a defender and flicking up in madden i believe calls a deep blue zone, if flickup is assigning coverages now, what is flicking down?

Lets hope they didn't screw with the audibles in m25, im thinking they did.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Quoted for truth, move along folks, nothing to see here

9. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

This is nothing new coming from Madden '13. And not to mention if you made the adjustments he did with the safeties you would get molested. But at least he got to play the game at E3??? That's coo!

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

He runs man press 95% of the time in my experience. I could have scored 80 points on him, and I'm not very offensively inclined.

11. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Yea it's something if he's viewing this as a new feature. I use this regularly to show different looks within man and zone. *Shrugs*