Madden 25 Owner Franchise Mode & Gameplay (video link)

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Aug 7, 2013.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

View video and general TSO discussion HERE.

Anything league specific regarding the owner mode, feel free to reply and discuss with commissioners' consent. ;)

2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Man, there are so many details included in these franchise modes. Who has the time to actually go thru all of that stuff?

3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

You'd be surprised ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

<-----------
    THIS GUY! :bookworm: :wacky:

• Like Like x 3
  5. CHUNKNESS

@LtJustice
    @Michael Overman

Thinking about the ownership mode, Moe brings up a good point. My concern with ownership mode is that we may have some guys who run their franchise to the ground if they do not keep on top of their ownership responsibilities. We do not have the game in hand yet, so the answer to this concern is unknown... but if the success/failure of a franchise determines the outcome of ownership and player retention, do we want to go down that path? If there are auto settings for each individual owner, it may be moot. On the converse, who's to say that the auto settings won't be flawed? Anyway, just thinking out loud as we near the release so that perhaps we can address some of these issues when the game is in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

and <------ this guy. after i scrimmage of course ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Doug you are an energetic scholar...you are correct. Jim and I have spoke about many issues that might come about with the new title...including but not limited too:
    NCAA draft file vs. Storyline players
    Ownership Mode (create owners/use existing owners--create coaches/ existing coaches)
    New Features within ownership mode (ticket prices, training facilites, relocation, new stadiums, stadium upgrades)

Basically the whole game will need a thorough run through of testing things out to see what we agree on (which seems to be the way it always is) I enjoy and encourage dialogue on the topics as I'm sure Jim would as well. I know it is EA...but that being said...I'm very excited of getting closer and closer to a full 32 online franchise with all of the options. EA had dragged their feets for years, but it seems are now finally on the right track with online franchises.

• Like Like x 3
  8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I could be wrong but I think they said that each individual owner has the option of playing as a coach or owner, similiar to how you had the option of playing as a player or coach for madden 13. If thats wrong, then they did at least say each CFM as a whole would have the option

9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Are you telling me we can finally use imported NCAA draft classes in online leagues?!?

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Whoa whoa whoa....Did someone say NCAA draft file? If so, I'm tanking season 1 for Jadeveon Clowney. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Excellent question Doug, and Michael hit the nail right on the head.

This is definitely something where we will have to take all aspects of it under consideration before making an informed decision. There is no question that we will have to take a wait and see approach, so we can test things out once the game is in hand.

As of right now; I would personally lean towards including the new ownership features, unless we identify a significant reason to forego those features. If the only concern is more responsibility for each owner, I could be OK with that, as we have never been about just showing up to play games and nothing more.

I cannot wait to have the game in hand, so we can really dig into what these new features are all about!

• Like Like x 4
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

(y)(y)(y)

• Like Like x 2
  13. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

I am still trying to digest some of the info that's out there. As a Commish myself, i tend to go thru a lot of the bells and whistles, kick the tires and lit some fires... Let me know if theres anything i can help with.

With Coach mode we had to option to disable coach firings. Same with Owner mode? And Owner mode does that allow u to play the game? Some games like NFL Headcoach you didnt really play.

One issue with Owner mode might be if you remember in the past. Contacts / Not a lot of $$$ coming in. Salary Cap and issues. Teams after a few years were Favred!! Maybe this is better. But i remember adjusting prices of Drinks, Food Tickets etc... and spending $$$ to upgrade the park. And after a few years the team was stuck with Upkeep cost vs Salaries and then you had to cut all your best players and sign like 60' OVR scrubs...