Madden and GameFlow

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Randiesel75, Aug 20, 2012.

?

Do you use GameFlow in Madden?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2012.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Anyone using the GameFlow feature in Madden?

For those using it, curious if you are running default game planning or do you fully customize offense and defense based on personal preference.

2. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

i run default game plan from the playbooks i choose in the game

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

How often do you exit out of GameFlow in order to get back into the playbook to choose your own play?

4. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

depends how im feeling , if game is going well i used playbook for my own plays about 25 percent of time , game flow is neat feature , i mean it calls your own play for you. , i called my own play about 25 to 40 percent of the time , sometimes i used game flow the whole time .

5. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

In CCM I will game flow or audible at the line.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I call ALL of my plays from the huddle, ALWAYS. Gameflow has a tendency to repeat plays throughout a drive or throughout the game. Not cool when it comes to mixing up your plays.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RichFire956

RichFire956 Walk On

I prefer calling my own plays

8. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Not trying to be a smart ass or make anyone feel like a lesser player but I always felt that gameflow was created for the recreational player who doesn't play often/doesn't know much about football. I'm huge on gameplanning and trying to out smart my opponent so I never use gameflow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm not a fan of gameflow. There's just not enough play options compared to the Ask Corso feature (I'm sure it's called something else now, but it's the same thing). I believe there's 9-12 plays in the NCAA version, which gives you more options and allows you to vary your play calling more than gameflow does.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I see the concensus is the same concerns as I do, not enough unique plays in the default GamePlan whereby GameFlow can choose from.

For me, I just don't have enough time to setup a GamePlan and consistently go back to tweak based on upcoming matchups. It has become clear that the default GamePlan is not adequate as I am often left hitting X to get back to the default playbook.

Just brainstorming here, but think it would be a neat feature if GamePlan was something that could be uploaded to an online locker room (think NCAA rosters, MLB The Show sliders, etc...). This online locker room could be sorted via team specific, offensive/defensive schemes and most certainly be capable of a rating system for those in the community that have feedback. My personal view is that until something like this is implemented, both GamePlan and GameFlow will continue to be overlooked by most in the community.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I call my own plays. Also, you can't use GamePlanning in CCM.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

GF is a total waste of time. Just bring me to my conventional 3-box play calling screen and skip the b/s with GF!

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think gameflow has a lot of potential if its executed properly. Since its not in CCM it won't even be a thought for me. In the future though, I can see myself utilizing it if there are enough options about when to force the system to choose a particular play over a different set of plays. The weighting has to be JUST right and you have to be very comfortable with your play calls. Its also tough because different defenses attack you in different ways so you don't always know what types of plays you want to call. It has potential but it needs more polish.

14. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Let me clarify... I don't use GF in a h2h match versus another guy/gal(if there b any). In the SS side of CCM Emmdotfrisk videoed his Demarius Thomas video that there was GF in that side of it( least in Practice so in the SS side I will GF to justify it to myself that Im being fair and not trying to pat my stats.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

It does have a tendency to repeat, and not always call from the correct set of formations for the scenario/situation

16. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I use conventional, i think gameflow should go away eventually. That play a game in 30 minutes marketing schtick is over.

I do use game flow at times though, when i accidentally press A instead of X.

17. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

• Like Like x 3
  18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It sounded kind of cool at first and it just hasn't worked for me. Sometimes if i just want to be lazy and not think I use it. I just feel it's too limited at this point. The thing I wish they would do instead is make custom playbooks more customizable. That way I could pick a set of about 20 to 50 plays for that weeks game. You still would have your full playbook too but, these would be available together in their own set. Included in that could be a scripted opening drive if you wanted.

19. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Man that's crazy. LOL I might have to try it though. Some of us have too much time on our hand's I think. Ha Ha

20. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

IMO it helps. Especially if you start to fall into bad habits.

Chart is actually based on one Brian Billick used a number of years back (as you can tell with the MM and VG Sports logo on top).

Back in the old PC Madden days I actually had two different ones I used depending on my opponent.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This sheet looks like the Gameplanning feature, only transfers the plays from the sheet to the console so that GameFlow does the work for you, in theory.

22. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

If you could really flesh out gameplanning it would be a neat feature. I mean, almost construct a play call sheet and the GF basing play selection off of that. Not sure if that's feasible or not.

23. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I just realized as I looked back at this thread that you guys think I'm referring to a feature in Madden called GamePlanning and not just talking about game planning for a team. Lmao what is the GamePlanning feature and why have I never heard of it?

24. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It's a part of Gameflow. You can go through and customize what plays are called, how often, and in what situations.

25. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I will definitely use this when I can see my playbooks! be like a real coach. got Mad clipboard skillz