Madden Community Day Event #1

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by RynoAid, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Emmdotfrisk and I will be heading down to Florida for the first Madden '13 event Feb 14-18. I know we have a wishlist thread and we will definitely take that with us, but if you have anything specific or want to reiterate what you feel is the most important thing to look at.. post here.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You know how I feel about Online Franchise Ryno. Remember my mantra? Power to the players. Give us the tools to customize the experience to our needs - that means sliders and customization of as many things as possible. Sliders for progression (or maybe even let us tweak the formula) - sliders for EVERYTHING. The more we can control, the better off they will be. Not everyone is going to agree with the out of box experience so give players the ability to change that. That said, in no particular order...

1. Customization tools and sliders. Sliders to tailor progression to our liking, sliders to change how "good" draft classes are. The more control that the players have, the better.
    2. Full salary cap and free agency modules along with CPU trade logic. These are the very basics that HAVE to be in the game. Allow us to trade multiple years worth of draft picks and manage our teams on the console AND the website.
    3. The Online Franchise experience needs similar tools to NCAA's Online Dynasty in order to effectively be managed. Advancing the league or passing the commissioner duties, throwing out bad game results, running the draft and perusing the free agent list - all that needs to be online. The first step is getting it on the console but the website needs to be robust as well if Online Franchises are going to succeed.
    4. Import/Edit draft classes. Importing would be nice but having the ability to edit will be crucial as well. I don't want there to be eight 90+ speed LBers in every draft class, know what I mean? We need the ability to change that.
    5. More stat tracking. This is sorely overlooked - things like pass breakups and dropped passes aren't tracked and they need to be. That can be crucial data when looking at player performance etc. Online Franchise stats need to be much more robust.
    6. Observation ability for games. I would literally pay a monthly fee to be able to do this - I don't care what the price is. Let me see other peoples games or at the very least give us the ability to check out the play by play. This opens up a whole slew of other possibilities with scouting or managing Online Franchises or mediating tournament games or.. whatever.
    7. Push more roster updates to Online Franchise rosters - OR - let people choose which roster to upload to the server to use for their Online Franchise. I've only seen one or two Online Franchise roster updates per year. People start new franchises regularly, or restart old franchises in order to get new rosters. Give players those updated rosters that Donny works so hard on in Online Franchise too.
    8. Custom playbooks. The fact that you can use these online but you cannot use them in Online Franchise is mind blowing. Simply mind blowing.
    9. Practice mode.
    10. Export Online Franchise team.
    11. Allow created/imported teams to be used in unranked games online.
    12. Allow offline Online Franchise games to be played and uploaded, like NCAA.
    13. System Link. This is a vastly, vastly underrated need for EA Sports titles. How many times have you grown sick of playing on the same screen with someone? System link offers the joy of online play but with vastly improved latency. I don't know how it has gone all these years and been overlooked but its something I would love to have.

3. Madden68959

Madden68959 Walk On

I Am BEGGING YOU! PLEASE EDIT SUPERSTAR MODE. FOR the past 3 years Superstar mode is unchanged. PLEASE Change superstar mode at least once! Here are some changes that can be made

1.Bring Back Interviews

2.Bring Back CellPhone

3.Bring back IQ test

4.Bring Back Having to do NFL Combine

Most of these things are all BRING BACK, which means that Superstar mode used to be awesome. And im not asking for some virtual 3d nba the life type of game. I just want some text that maybe says ''Do NFL PLAY 60'' and with the money i get i could do that.

5. MAKE MONEY A FACTOR. The big reason people play madden ultimate team is because they want to get better and better cards and the only way to do that is by playing games. Well If money was a factor in superstar mode then that would add tons of replay Value.

PLEASE I AM BEGGING U I JUST WANT TO PLAY A SUPERSTAR MODE LIKe MADDEN 06 or 07 or 08! PLEASEEEEEE!

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I have to say, NBA2K's my player mode is very fun, it makes Superstar mode seem virtually unplayable. I agree with your above points

5. Emmdotfrisk

#1. I agree to an extent but I don't like the idea of sliders for draft classes, it gives the commish too much control. I would rather it be somewhat organic and random. Maybe you select a "type of draft" it could be + in a certain position or ect.

#2. Agree
    #3. Agreed
    #4. I wish import and edit draft classes was possible for OF
    #5. Stat tracking is a huge hardcore gamer want. Even a game like the show hasn't nailed this down yet. The best game I know that does it right is OOTP.
    #6. Careful what you wish for lol. MLB the show has an option for you to "watch" a play by play online. I could see that being feasible
    #7. Patching OF rosters is a bit more challenging than online with the current framework
    #8. lol, custom playbooks isn't that mind blowing compared to others
    #9. yes
    #10. You mean save offline?
    #11. I didn't realize you couldn't I know you can in M10
    #12. what does this mean? With NCAA you need connectivity to the server to upload the results to the data table
    #13. What is system link? Do you mean hosting the game locally rather than a server farm?

6. Keller

1) Like I said man - power to the players. Commissioners cannot possibly have too much control. The more they control the better. How the league collectively decides what to do with that power is up to them. I do love the idea of specifying (QB Heavy draft or Dline heavy or whatever)

4) Why can't it be?
    6) Why? I would seriously pay 10/15/20 bucks a month (depending on how good the service is) to be able to watch other people's games in my Online Franchise. That capability would be AMAZING. Play by play is still a step in the right direction though.
    8) Its mind blowing to me how it can be one of their big new features, usable online but not in Online Franchise.
    10) Yes. Take my Online Franchise team and be able to export it to use offline.
    11) Purely created teams you can, but exported Offline Franchise Teams cannot be imported to play with in an unranked game.
    12) Exactly the same thing that NCAA has - thats what I want. Play the game offline, upload the results with PvP games.
    13) Forget anything about online franchise - just think Exhibition games etc. For YEARS we'd all be huddled around 1 TV. We all wished the game could be played on separate machines over a local network or system linked instead. You can argue the usefulness of that now but I still think it would be a welcome addition. Especially for people who like to play 2v2 or 3v3 or things like that. You can't sit with 6 people in a room and discuss strategy etc - need to be separate.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My wishlist:

1. Don't make a Twitter account and post "OMG... they listened" ;)
    2. Pay the man who does the XFN site! That would put OF close to where it should be.
    3. Add some customization to OF like NCAA draft classes, sliders... etc
    Other than that, with the little things that could be added for an even more personalized experience, Madden is right on point. In fact, I think one of you guys should give 'em a double dutch rudder on behalf of TSO -- they're doing a great job with Madden. Seriously...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Emmdotfrisk

Drifter is gonna have ur ass for this one

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hopefully that means they're going to trend towards having guys with ratings that actually pertain to their position rather than having a tackle's throwing power.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm done trying to decipher what JerzeyReign wants/thinks. He's just jells because I know what's in the game already... ;)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #12 isn't feasible in Madden due to the back end architecture, which is completely different than NCAA's.

13. Keller

Good to know.

14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Emmdotfrisk

For O.F., how about a senior bowl/combine? I played this shit out of college hoops 2k5, and by far the coolest thing was getting a "feel" for prospects by using them in their AAU games. Unlocking ratings or nuggets of phrases like I spoke about in the TMFL forum "can jump out of the stadium", "great pocket presence", etc. based on how much time you spend on each prospect and individual coach ratings. Make it difficult to unlock all the ratings and maintain the gems in the late rounds. Include coordinator ratings and a coaching carousel.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ryan Cronin

Ryan Cronin Walk On

Please ask the Devs to bring back the 08 weather options where we could choose the temperature, cloud coverage, precipitation, and wind all separately. That was awesome. I also think it would be cool when playing exhibition to choose whether its a fall or winter game so if its winter, the sun will set much earlier. Also, can you please suggest that they let us choose different end zone designs for the teams that change them throughout the year. It makes the stadium look so different

Here are some examples of what should be included as options before the game: (these are not my images)

Seahwks blue end zones (used after Seattle Sounders season ends) : http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/901571/AfNIROpCEAE3XOP_jpg_large_medium.jpg
    Panthers black end zones (used to cover up college bowl designs): http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/55865/Panther_Endzone_Painted_Black.jpg
    49ers red end zones (used in playoffs): http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/880196/pregame_endzone.jpg
    Steelers tilted lines (used until Pitt's season ends): http://www.juststadium.com/images/heinz-field-8.jpg
    Chargers powder blues (when they wear powder blues): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yyVvcCbTv...AAAUY/PZCU6qt9Oa8/s1600/Chargers+End+Zone.JPG
    Texans red outline (when they wear red): http://nfltexans.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/3b.jpg

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U CAN TALK TO SOME DEVS ABOUT THIS. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

16. BlaccRhiino_27

BlaccRhiino_27 Walk On

A Much Deeper Authentic NFL Off Season Is Needed For Madden.

1. Fix The NFL Draft!!!

- Roger Goodell Should Be In The NFL Draft, You Don't Have A Draft Without The Commissioner. EA Sports Has David Stern Announcing The Picks, And At The End Of The Season In Madden You Have The President. Include The Commissioner In The Draft I Know Its Possible. Also, Have The "Green Room" And The Players Walk Across The Stage And Handed The Jersey. Finally, Have Mike Mayock Or Mel Kiper Jr Be In Madden For Scouting And Draft Purposes And Talk About Sleepers, Busts, Draft Day Trades.

- Draft Day Trades Needs To Happen More, And Include Players Instead Of Picks And No Names. Also There Needs To Be More Then 10 Draft Picks For One NFL Team. In NFLHC09 You Can Have 20+ Picks

2. Coaching Carousel.

- In NFL Head Coach 06 They Had Sit-down Interviews. You Would Interview Candidates And Then Hire Them After The Interview Is Over. In The NFL, Its Just Not A Blank Screen With Only The Head Coach, Offensive/Defensive Coordinator Like Madden Is Now. Its Boring The Way Madden Is Now. Also Coaches Never Get Fired Mid Season In Madden, But They Do In Real Life. It Would Be So Awesome If You Could Interview A Teams Defensive Line Coach For Other Positions Such As A Head Coach.

- Create Yourself In The Game. How Cool Would It Be To Visually See Yourself Coaching Your Favorite NFL Team. In Fight Night Round 4, You Could Take A Picture Of You And Upload It To The Website And Put That On Your Created Boxer. Why Not Have That Option To In Madden? Put It On Teambuilder Or Something.

- Also Import College Coaches To The NFL From NCAA

3. Creating Stadiums

- There Needs To Be More Options For Creating Them. Why Couldn't We Make A Better One Then The Cowboys Or Colts?

- Stadium Upgrades, If You Can't See The Effect In The Game (Ex. HDTVs, Heated Seats/Grass, Oxygen Tents. Etc) Get Rid Of It, Its Useless Features That Could Be Used To Better Madden.

Incorporate Both Head Coach Games Into The Offseason. If The Off Season Gets Fixed And Is More Authentic, It Would Be So Much Realer To NFL.

------>> Major Thing That Has To Be Fixed Is COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!! <--------- Can Not Be Stressed Enough!!

And Not Just Simple Fixes, A Complete Overhaul Of It. New Lines, New Broadcasters, Everything Needs To Be New. Make The Commentary Seem More "Live" Like If A Player Is Going To Break Records/ Set A New Career High. They Should Talk About It Like You See In The NFL. In Franchise Mode, They Should Talk About League Leaders, How Well Players Are Doing, Etc. During Gameplay. Also, If A Player Makes An Amazing Catch, Breaks A Long Run, Makes A Huge Hit/ Etc. They Should Talk About That Like If It Just Happend On Tv. Bring In Radio Broadcasters That Do Play By Play Like This

---->>>
    Thats How Commentary Should Be. Its Precise, Telling You What Is Happening Yard By Yard.

Thanks For Taking Time And Reading. :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keller

Lol at people joining the site just to post in here.....

18. Keller

Heres a big one.

Allow games to be saved after disconnect so they can be resumed later. There is nothing more irritating than playing for 45 minutes only to be disconnected and having to start from scratch. Allow the game to be saved and resumed!

19. Emmdotfrisk

I don't know if this is possible yet, same reason NCAA gets transfer errors

20. Emmdotfrisk

It's because the OS thread turned fortune dark side. I appreciate guys signing up just to constructively give their feedback

21. Keller

This one is huge for me. Just huge. Pretty please?

22. Keller

I'm not sure what that means but I'm all for adding new members to the site.

23. Emmdotfrisk

sorry, autocorrect. OS thread turned to the darkside

24. Emmdotfrisk

they would have to rebuild their entire services layer and how it interacts with the data tables

25. Keller

I'm no programmer, admittedly, but IMO that is a huge step for online play and it needs to be addressed. Disconnects happen too often and the time commitment for playing games or replaying games is too great for them to overlook it. If they want online play to be a success, its a must. Again, just my opinion.