Madden Demo impressions.

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BRUCE80, Jul 25, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Madden Demo impressions.

I have the code for the five minute game and played one game today.

Quick first impressions are:

The game has slowed way down.

The cpu is tough on All Pro.

The pass and run games feel much improved with the slower game speed.

The O playbook for Arizona finally has some plays that make football sense, Combo routes that work together.

On D player control is tight, the slower game speed will take some getting used to but I like it.

For a demo it plays very well. Ill get some more games in over the weekend and post some more thoughts.

Anyone else?

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think the CPU pash rush is a little too effective and breaking tackles is too easy (W.Parker shouldn't shrug a guy off so easy), otherwise I like it.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

This tells you how pumped I am for NCAA 10 and my dynasty down at OFFL Mid-Majors, but I have yet to DL Madden and probably won't. Holy crap...I'm addicted to NCAA.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol I don't really like it...but it is just the demo. I hate ncaa 10 demo.

On one play LOL..the RT was up by the QB and HB in shotgun and looked like he was having a seizure...was scooting back and forth in the snow haha...for about 10 straight seconds and then he went and took his stance and then they snapped the ball wtf.

I won 7-0 lol...yay 1 minute quarters

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

from what i've noticed on the Ps3 atleast is when you snap the ball the Qb for a sec or so moves quick then slows way down on his drop back. I'm having a hard time getting the rinning game going inside or outside. Also i really don't liek the camera few i'm finding it hard to see what's developing but that could be me since i'm coming from a Pc moniter to a non Hd Tv

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

GT you are correct, on any under center play the "drop" is entirely CPU controlled" you cannot assume control until the QB has completed his 3, 5, or 7 step drop. this is by design. you can read about it on the madden 10 developers blog. it doesnt exist on shotgun plays of course where thes is no drop. but any under center play. its like the build in shuffle step they added to FB dives.

as for the seeing whats going on, I had the same problem for a couple games then I
    grabbed a stuffed chair, slapped it in-front of the TV about 4 feet back and voila!

almost as good as a PC moniter.

7. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

I played a couple of games on the 5 min demo... It's different than what we are used to for sure. I like it, though I have no feel for playing defense. Running lanes line up nicely, game speed gives you enough time to go through your route progressions. Presentation is very nice. It'll take getting used to though... the audibles/hot routes/etc are all in the wrong place on the controller (heh).

8. ChickenOfTheSea

yeah, everything is bassackwards from how I remember it. and yes my D suffers the most. im lucky to blunder through maybe 2 adjustments f=beforethe snap. On a side note on default settings (not "My settings) but any of the presets, pro/all pro/all madden etc. the zone coverages seem to be much more effective, MLBs by default extend their drop to cover the seam, and the "hole between cb and Safety zones seems to have been much improved.

I HATE the fumble minigame. you get the minigame even if the ball bounces right to your guy with no one elseo n the ground, and he clearly has the ball, then comes the stupid button mashing, heck you dont even look at the screen just stare at the state line where Tiburon's sick version of simon says plays out.

also if you have played both teams in the demo, then you will be able to appreciate how much of a difference your avoidance ratings as a QB effects your success in flicking the stick and avoiding that first rusher.

Rapist Roethlisberger is like a ballerina out there, while Warner might as well just have that button assigned to "sack me baby" because he goes down like Farve handing Strahan his gimmie.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Alleged.

10. ChickenOfTheSea

Fortunately I dont think his lawyer is gonna hunt me down :) In all honesty though, tell me this part of the filing doesnt have some ring of truth:

"McNulty claims she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," but he refused to stop and began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs." " that sure sounds like Ben to me, going for the endzone every time.

11. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I think she is a waitress bvanking on the fact a multimillionaire was intimate with her and now she is going for the cash grab and holding for an out of court settlement. Looks like Big Ben isnt gonna give it to her.

12. ChickenOfTheSea

Safe to say shes not gonna get a dime, once the lawyers get done making sure we all understand that shes a complete flake job with imaginary boyfriends etc, shewill be less remembered than Vicks, Ron Mexico chick, or Kobe's Hotel honey. Whether she did ir didnt get her story right, The NFL cannot let their 2 time youngest SB winning QB fry.

I guess the story has just enough believable stuff in it to make me grin. (No no no im not grinning at sexual assault, its just got an awful lot of detail.

13. gt86

gt86 Walk On

After finding out some of the controls ( tanks scar ) things have improved. I'm coming from Pc with 360 controler on Madden 08 to Ps3 and there a huge difference for me. Sprint is now R2 where before A on 360 was sprint before, aparrently all Dline moves have been moved to the right analog stick instead of R1 and L1 in 08. Read that X is stiff arm but I have yet to see a stiff arm when pressing it. Still haven't figured out how to slide juke like we could with L1 and R1 in 2008 or strip ball on defense. I have also noticed on defense the super dive for tackles seems to be gone diving actauuly seems to miss most of the time now. If anyone knows all the controls could you please post them for us PS3 noobs :)

14. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Juke would be left or right on the right analog stick, strip ball on D should be X.