Madden Depth Chart Question

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by ken10, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ken10

ken10 Walk On

Madden Depth Chart Question

Does it affect FATIGUE or STAMINA if I put the best players at every position? Like say ROLB Merriman is first, but he is also 2nd at MLB and 3rd at LOLB. Will this affect the way he plays?

Is setting up the Depth Chart like this a good idea, period?

I don't know if you guys understand what I'm saying.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm fairly certain that the player will only fatigue if hes playing. Does that answer your question?

Also, playing Merriman at the #2 MLB spot, in the 3-4 defense at least, wouldn't work because hes already on the field at the #1 ROLB spot. That would mean whoever's #3 on the MLB spot would be playing instead.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

What Keller said. Keep in mind its a Domino effect. If you make Merriman your #1 ROLB and #2 LOLB, and your Starting Lolb goes down, the game will switch Merriman to that spot to fill the injury and then your #2 behind Merriman will be playing.

Which is up to you if you want that. Really all you gain by letting Madden manage your reorders is that when you are at the matchup screen your overall ratings at Offense Defense and ST will look higher because you have your 98 LT snapping for FGs when we all know he doesnt even know how to snap.

its can be detrimental if you do it and someone gets hurt.

Now that you got me started on depth. DT, # 1 and 2 are considered "Starter" but in a preseason game they just flip flop, same if one of them gets tired in a gamehe just flips with the guy beside him. until hes so exhausted that finally the 3rd guy comes in for his in the backup spot. REALLY?????????????????? C'mon EA how hard is it to make 2 DT slots??????????

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

That is WAY low on the priority list I'm sure. Its unfortunate, because there is certainly a difference between a 1 and 3 technique though in the game there really isn't so I guess its a moot point.

I'd like to see CB get switched to RCB and LCB as well. Same for WR.

Hell while we're at it, I'd like to see a difference between 3-4 and 4-3 DE's as well. Just call the 3-4 guys 5 technique. AND there difference between the two should be noticeable. If I play a 4-3 DE at 3-4 DE, he should get mauled if he's actually undersized and doesn't have enough strength which SHOULD be the case but I suppose there are exceptions.

What a dream....

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Dude, I know. its staggering.............. and its basic stuff. they differentiate between the OL and Ends and LBs why not Dbs and DTs.

the 34 vs 43 Amen. Every DL player should be drafted with a primary postiion and a secondary or have guys who played in x system in the draft. like 34 NT vs a 43 guy. and ends too. in this game its built around the 43. and there are no good rookie 34 LBs forcing you to use Dts out of position at DE and put DEs at LB. to od it right. its moronic.

Heck NCAAs depth is far better.