Madden EA release info today...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 4, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

at E3, they are giving their 2nd "playbook": connected careers. The feel is that they are going to reveal fully online franchise. If they integrate NCAA draft classes, buckle up boys.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

so we are spending 120 bucks this year, instead of 60...cool with me

3. vatechhokie01

4. vatechhokie01

If you guys didn't see or hear the announcement about Madden's connected careers, even I will say...

whoa.

1) unbelievably crazy ambition. like 15 steps forward into an online world that far exceed expectations...
    2) ...if it works. i can' fathom all the moving pieces.

You really need to check out Drifter and Emmotofdrisks discussion answering questions (they've been playing it for months now)...

Summary: an immensley immersive online franchise experience. basically a commissioner creates a league and can invite up to 32 other members with a million options. some can be players in a road to glory story, some can be teams in online dynasty mode, some can be coaches, etc... all in the same league!

It looked amazing, sounds scary as hell, and if pulled off (how in the world you can trust EA with this is beyond me) would be insanely fun.

I'll say this again: Drifter and the guys have played through multiple seasons and love it. I'm just shaking my head. Really need to check it out.

5. vatechhokie01

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it...

its basically like World of Warcraft but football, lmao.

seriously, read the thread. very interesting to say the least. I'm not exaggerating. Mind-blowing the concept. I know, I know... probably broken. But I'll say this: I'm not a Madden guy, haven't played in 3 yrs cuz no online dynasty and just lame. I will be buying this without a doubt from intrigue alone. Crazy. smh.

6. vatechhokie01

if you want in (we are doing a hybrid NCAA/Madden to be sure), you better start jockeying for teams!

7. vatechhokie01

8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Looks as if NCAA is even going to be a poorer game compared to Madden.. smh

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ok so I'm hyped for Madden now. Especially with the Infinity engine! So if we are going to do the two leagues we should do it right.

Instead of everyone just picking a team. Since we have 9 guys now and maybe 12 when the games come out. We should all be in 3 or 4 divisions only. This maximizes user games throughout the year.

We should also do a player draft. This way everyone starts off on an even keel. I was in on a 32 player draft a few years ago and it took 2 hours for everyone to fill a 52 man roster. So with 12 guys it shouldn't take more than an hour.

Thoughts?

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

FWIW: Draft classes cannot be imported

Madden is the shit though this year!

11. vatechhokie01

seriously... who is officially in for Madden? We need, even now, to start thinking about what that would look like. So far, I've got:

Heath
    Weave
    Mullen
    Plague

Anyone else committing to Madden?

12. vatechhokie01

I love the player draft idea but I don't have a true NFL team and imagine most diehards will want to be their favorite real-life teams. I confess I lean towards making it as realistic for the diehards as possible. But discuss! I love the idea.

13. vatechhokie01

who is everyone gonna def want to be? I don't even know ya'lls favorite teams.

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ima Viking fan but if we do a player draft it doesn't matter who. Ill take anyone

15. vatechhokie01

the Vikings are not good.

16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

No they are not

17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

And either is UMass

18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah I will take any team either, I don't like playing with the Steelers because I am to much of a homer and never let those guys go. I kinda want Seattle

19. vatechhokie01

a) what does "never let those guys go" mean... didn't get that
    b) the irony in you constantly ripping my hipsterness while being obsessed (this is being kind) with new unis is awesome

weave might be the guy that wants to be his real team more than any eithers... maybe we could cut him a deal that he gets the Redskins and RGIII in the first round and we get to have a fantasy draft...

but even he can't deny this. a fantasy draft would be uh-mazing together, lmao.

wait: are fantasy drafts even in? they have to be, right?

20. vatechhokie01

"and with the second round of the Madden 13 fantasy draft, Coach Bonner takes P Shane Lechler..."

I mean come on. You know this crap would happen.

• Like Like x 2
  21. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

like I will resign those guys no matter what, just have more fun with other teams usually.

and yeah, the whole uniform thing...my bad?

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

I might be in for Madden. It's going to hard as hell to get the wife to let me get NCAA but we'll see. I'd fight Pro for the Browns.

23. vatechhokie01

thoughts on fantasy draft? maybe we could compromise: each person can safeguard 3 players from their real-life team or something

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm not a fan of the fantasy draft, I'd want to build the Browns up through years of sucking and top 5 picks. But if everyone wanted a fantasy draft maybe safeguard 5 guys for the last 5 picks.

25. vatechhokie01

so mullen, plague and me like fantasy
    weave (just guessing) and goose hate it

awesome. again, a) I'm cool with whatever and again lean towards serving the diehards but b) remember, some of you weren't "for" the bottom-barrel college teams for basically the same reason and now you love it and you really can't imagine how fun a draft would be, lol...

either way... the depth of madden could be a crazy blast.