Madden franchise merger: offseason, rules, FA system, etc...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ChickenOfTheSea, Oct 21, 2010.

1. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

We may as well start this conversation in here too :) so we get most of the tricky stuff worked through before we present it to the owners.

I'm as guilty as the next guy in that I have not read ANY of the SMFL rules for FA, Off-season and general gameplay.

I know there is a spreadsheet per team, but whats on it, what we all as owners do, etc. I have no clue. Keller its your baby so edjamakate me.

Rules-wise the only ones I really care about are general Sim style. I have no problem with pre snap movement at all. I use it some. But I was borne and raised without it so either way is ok. I'm not for crazy nano move 4 guys kind of stuff, I'll just snap the ball and throw it over that guy.

And I feel that ALL-Madden plays better. Allows for defensive battles still. makes guys have to work for 300 yard passing games and positive TD/INT ratio. But its just a discussion.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Take a look here for all the roster/offseason stuff. It needs revising after the tables are now messed up but its all there. I really can't explain it quickly - its a process. Once the initial sheets are done however it really is a piece of cake.

My hope this time around is for us in the management team to own the spreadsheets and just require users to post their changes to their roster then we update their sheet. The reason I say that is, is because some owners may make changes to their sheet without us knowing and then we have discrepancies. Plus we have an automated sheet now with vlookups so all you have to do is type in the players info and it will generate their cap number based on position and overall. All you have to do then is type in how long their under contract.

Also, I'm pretty much against abusive pre-snap movement. You want to flip the fullback to the otherside, fine. You want to motion a WR from the left to the right, fine. You want to motion a WR and snap it before he stops? F that my friend. Too many plays where that abuses coverages. Motion in general should be used in moderation anyways. Automotion is always allowed.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

Agree on motion, with some caveats, on running plays I am fine with a motion blocker if its used carefully, And I am fine with Moving A defensive players before the snap. but not moving one guy then grabbing another as well.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Right, as I said, motioning is fine as long as they come to complete stop.

On defense, again its a case of as long as its in moderation. You want to move a safety 5 yards deeper to be able to keep up with Randy Moss - fine by me. But moving around 6 players every snap is going to raise eyebrows yanno?

5. ChickenOfTheSea

Yeah in old TMFL we say if you move a D player manually, you have to stay on him until the ball is snapped. Its a little harder to police in Madden 11. since you cant see your opponents choice until the snap.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Seachicken,
    Keller,

I think it’s safe to say you are in jeopardy of losing some more TMFL talent (as some have already left) if you don't handle the current situation. Something needs to happen, and it needs to happen now. I do not like the new FA system, and it’s become clear others feel the same. The good news for me is, and you are already well aware of this, I am not coming back for the next season.

I think you need to put this to vote for any/all interested team owners. This vote should also come with details of each system being used in the leagues that are merging. To be honest, it’s already November and this is clearly a year in which Madden has failed to deliver a product for the franchise. Do we really think the FA system is that big a deal? Is it worth being rigid at the expense of losing more owners? You need to devise something that everyone likes or at least make them feel like their vote counts. This needs to happen now.

Let me know how I can help. No, I am not returning. I already traded in my copy for $34 on Amazon.

Randy

7. ChickenOfTheSea

Madden 11 is really worth 34 bones???? thats sick. I'm pretty sure the game itself wasnt really worth $34 when i paid 60 for it :)

Salary system is different. my first instinct was "huh? i get 350 to ran a team on, thats stupid" but its actually pretty slick. as for losing talent. there more to a great league than talent. we gotta get involvement. the guys ignore everything we try to do. then bitch if somethign changes and they dont get to participate. cant have it both ways.

also if it goes horribly we can always change it up when madden 12 comes out. I'm sure we will if it has built in RL franchise options.