Madden Freeze Up on 1st Update

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by LtJustice, Aug 28, 2012.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Guys, I just got my copy of Madden and as soon as I put it in (after a system update) there was a software update. As soon as I clicked ok to begin update, it looked like it would start then the screen would go blank and I would get a triple beep form the system. The system would freeze and I would have to kill the power to restart it. I tried a few times and it did it every time. Then I went into the game, skipping the update. Once in the game I signed into EA servers and it once again told me there was an update. This time it actually updated ok and is working just fine.

Not sure if maybe this is related to the fact that I had the early release, because once I went into the game without the update it showed that it was copying information over. Whatever the reason, that's how I got it to work for me (after a panicked couple of minutes!), just in case anyone else runs into the same thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

thanks for the workaround. Hoping this will just be a one-time thing tho

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

So it happened to you too?

4. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

i get it in the mail tomorrow, but if something messes up, it's good to have this here

• Like Like x 2
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I had the game freeze at the matchup screen of my first game. With both teams "ready" I hit the PS button to see who else was online and was never able to get back to the game. I had to restart the PS3...

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

No freezes for me. Only played 1 game last night though.

Player interactions are glitchy as hell though. People tripping over others at the end of the play. A little lame. Bout my only complaint after only 1 game though. Game looks pretty nice.

8. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I see that alot alot but i rather have it after the play is over then before :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I would MUCH rather see players tripping all over each other at the end of the play or the holder looking like he's defecating on the field after a successful field goal in order to get the vast improvements that we have with this year's product versus last year's. I'm sure EA will try to work on that moving forward.

• Like Like x 4
  10. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

:eek: :doodie:

• Like Like x 2
  11. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Anyone else find the "twisted arm" syndrome a little disturbing?
    I wonder how a RB can carry the ball behind his back with his arm twisted like a pretzel and not fumble but cough up the ball while covering it up. Hmmm...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yes! That also. And I had one play where my best LB, C. Loston, could have easily made a pick. Instead he batted the ball and it flew all the way across the field about 15 yards. Have some things they need to work on, but overall it's nice. And haven't even gotten into the CC mode yet!

13. CHUNKNESS

If you were playing in the community setting, we've purposely toned down the CPU interceptions with the sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Running is very different this year. I've gotten tackled by my own guys a few times. They should work on allowing you to get back up instead of blowing the play dead. No more squirming around your blockers either. If you don't hit the hole, you don't go anywhere. Last year the RB would slide over and hit the hole on his own...

15. CHUNKNESS

You can get back up if you haven't been touched by a defender. I've had it happen a couple of times. I love the fact that the ball carrier doesn't bounce off of his teammates anymore.

16. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I had a play where I ran into the blocker, fell down with no one around me, and the whistle blew. I think it was on a kickoff return. I don't remember the blocker being engaged...

17. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

had a wierd play vs doug last night where on a punt return I called for a fair catch and everyone stopped and the ball went over my head where I then picked it up off 1 bounce.

Havent had any game freezes but I did get a loss and a disconnect for excessive grieving. Didnt pause the game or anything, came to the LOS and before I could snap the ball the game stalled and then discod

18. CHUNKNESS

It means stop crying and just play the damn game! I'm kidding, of course.

19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Tried getting a community game last night, but no one was in there that I saw. Much rather that than the lobby bums. I'll be on tonight lookin for some comp if anybodies down!

• Like Like x 1
  20. CHUNKNESS

There were about a dozen of us in there last night. Hit me up the next time you're on YIM, Loren, and I'll send you my contact list for the league.

21. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I've had the game pause a number of occasions. Stops, "Please wait" appears on the screen and then it restarts. Lag/server issues?

22. redlishus

Hit us up on YIM. I was looking for a game all night

• Like Like x 2
  23. redlishus

Played 2 and never experienced an issue

24. CHUNKNESS

I've played six games myself... have never seen that msg.

25. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Its what you get for getting the game a day early lol jk