Madden issues

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by bcduggan, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If there is a specfic thread for the following, please repost it there with my apologies.

My main concerns with Madden are the following:

1>The lag in user games is very bad. If you are promoting Madden to be specifically online like it looks like that's the direction EA is going with Madden, then the servers need to be a lot better. I think in all the user games I have played, 13 games so far, I have had only 1/2 of 1 game that played with minimal lag. I know my internet speed is slow and some lag should be expected, but I play other games online outside of Madden and NCAA and those games play fine online with minimal issues. Also, NCAA has a feature that is great when playing the cpu. In NCAA, if you lose connection to server, you can finish game and login the server again when the game is over. The results will save in NCAA when that happens.

Before I continue with #2, I have been told that Madden now uses the dynasty sliders, instead of the default sliders, for user games. Is that true?

2>Ball hawk in Madden is broken, or works too well. In Madden, I hardly see a deflection when I play either users or cpu in Madden, no matter what the sliders are. I know I am a poor Madden player, I am not expressing sour grapes here. I have a steep learning curve. I figure I am in lower 8 of skill in HK here at TSO. Most who play in HK are phenominal players. My average loss in HK is 26.6 points a game. If more passes were deflected instead of intercepted, my average loss may drop to 17 points a game. Every game I have lost, I would have lost anyway if more deflections and less interceptions happen. Most user games I have played I have seen Interceptions outweigh deflections by 2 or 3 to 1. That does not seem right or realistic to me. I also am seeing more interceptions by players that should not be intercepting any passes. I have seen Dlineman make interceptions with catch ratings as low as 28.

I think Madden is going in the right direction with CCM, I am looking forward to the future of Madden.

2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I feel you with the INT/Deflection ratio, as well as guys who shouldn't be catching anything making plays.

I've seen instances where a DE or LB would make a phenomenal INT, taking it out of a WRs hands unrealistically. Then, a couple plays later, a CB jumps a route and flat out drops one, or the QB throws it right to the DB and he either drops it or does nothing.

In fact, there's a lot of "not doing anything" when usering and trying to use the "ball hawk" as well. I've let up TDs to WRs where it looks like an overthrow by the QB, and I'm in perfect position to pick it as the safety, and I strafe (because just trying to run it down is sort of unreliable) and hold Y. Not only does my DB do nothing, but the WR will run right past everyone and catch it uncontested. My reaction: Fuuuuuuuu!!!!

However, I think too many people try to go Ed Reed anytime they user a player. One thing I learned playing football is that you don't go for the INT unless you're sure you can get it. I think a lot of people try to go for the big play TOO much. There are some plays where swatting a pass - say, if you're one on one with Calvin Johnson - gives you the absolute best chance to make a play (unless you have Seattle...).

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

the lag is something they've made zero advances in over the years and it makes you wonder. how can i play an online game of FIFA against a guy and it feels almost entirely like he's sitting there next to me, and yet Madden is super sluggish? Even worse, I've played games of FIFA with 21 other players, and had minimal lag. Boggles the mind.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Whats crazy to me is that i can get on MW3 with an open NAT and have a 4bar the entire match. I get on MAdden roht after and have bad lag until it drops the game.

Since the patch Dropped, it has gotten better though.

5. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I played woodsmall today with minimal lag. However, he has a 25MB connection and I have 18MB. They can't expect everyone that plays to be able to have connection speeds that high...

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I have 2.5 speed, lag is expected, but only 2 games I see a lot of lag is Madden and NCAA. This includes playing online against my wife with 2 ps3 that use same Internet connection.

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

that's true love right there... ;)

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

btw I will say i've noticed a difference in my last two TLY games compared to my first one with Ryno. But I also believe they were a lot closer in geographic proximity to me.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Yeah it is, she is so competitive though. I am afraid if I showed her how to play Madden or NCAA, I might have a broken TV in the house.

• Like Like x 1