Madden - New PS3 League Launching

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by Big D, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hey all,

Myself, bamagrad, and KnightNoles are launching a new 'old' PS3 Madden League for the 2012 version.

This is going to be a full 32 team league with a focus on user vs user contests, and as of right now we will be the only PS3 Madden league on TSO to offer you an exclusive user vs. user experience.

I say this is an "old" league because it will be based and guided by the principle's on one of the longest running Madden Leagues in the world. We are a child of theirs you could say.

We expect this to be a full year round Madden league with a depth and immersion rivaled by very few leagues out there.

If you are interested in ownership of a team please post here or PM me directly. We expect to get the ball rolling in time for the Madden 12 Launch.

Thanks,

Big D

2. calirage

calirage Walk On

I would be interested, I would love the Raiders if they are available. Not sure how the choosing of teams is gonna go, but I bleed silver and black so if its first come first serve. Mark me down for Tha Raiders....thx

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I've got you down my man.

Stay expect a PM in the next few days with details. Our forums are being set up and launching soon.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you may have in the meantime.

4. calirage

calirage Walk On

Sounds good, I look forward to it. Hoping Madden has stepped up its game a bit this year.

5. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

would like to be in with the saints if there open

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I've got you down. We are doing a team draft based on when you signed up most likely. So far nobody but myself has mentioned interest in the Saints ;) But I could possible go another route.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

[​IMG]

THE LEAGUE OVERVIEW

OUTLINE

I. League Requirements

II. League Rulebook

a. Jobs/Committees

b. Board Member Jobs & Committees

c. Non-Board Member Jobs

III. Application/Ownership Process

I. League Requirements

The following are required by all owners (or those applying to own a team) in The League. These things are non-negotiable, and all owners must stay in compliance with these requirements for the duration of their ownership tenure in The League. Failure to stay in compliance is grounds for expulsion from the league.

1. Have an active PSN account.

2. Own a copy of the newest Madden game (you will have one week after a new game comes out to purchase)

3. Create and maintain a user account on the Tradition Football Forums.

a. Must follow the forum posting requirements as set forth in the league rulebook. (Content Requirements TBA)

b. All owners are required to check the forums every day when avalible. Life happens and we understand, but if 75% of the time you have an excuse of why you’re not keeping up then we have a problem.

c. All owners are required to respond to forum post in a timely fashion in threads that concern them (scheduling, check in's, summaries, ect.), and should be the same day if you are checking these forums each day.

4. All owners are required to have an AIM chat account. We will create a blast chat for quick access to all league members. Please try to keep your AIM account active and online when possible.

5. Follow all rules set forth in the League Rulebook and Conduct Rules.

II. League Rulebook

Our league rulebook is maintained and updated online at the following web address: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oR5Lc1qqusP0NcuBimTJPyPJ4rITe2r0L_HQjTD8BNA/edit?hl=en_US

Please refer to this link for any rule related queries as we update the rulebook often.

III. Job/Duty Desciptions

A. BOARD MEMBER JOBS & COMMITTEES

Big D- (Commissioner, Rule Committee, Trade Committeee, Offseason Director)- Responsible for general oversight of the league. The Commissioner is also the head of the Rules and Trade Committee's and has veto power over any rules additions or trades made. Also responsible for forum oversight and management of League Manager. One of the major responsibilities of the commissioner is to set up and manage an efficient offseason system that includes Draft, Trades, Free Agency, and Ownership Swaps.

Bamagrad - (AFC President, Rules Committee, Trade Review Committee)- AFC president has to make sure that all games are being scheduled, played, and summaries written on all games that include the AFC. All AFC complaints about rules being broken or cheese play will be filed through AFC President. AFC Rep is on the rules committee which means that he has full right to call a vote on a rule submission and to vote on all rule submissions. AFC Rep is also on the Trade Review Panel. . AFC President will also oversee all Team Management items in the AFC.

BigSmooth - (NFC President, Rules Committee, Trade Review Committee)- NFC president has to make sure that all games are being scheduled, played, and summaries written on all games that include the NFC. All NFC complaints about rules being broken or cheese play will be filed through NFC President. NFC Rep is on the rules committee which means that he has full right to call a vote on a rule submission and to vote on all rule submissions. NFC Rep is also on the Trade Review Panel. . NFC President will also oversee all Team Management items in the NFC.

Knight Knoles - (AFC Vice President, Recruiter for The League, )- The AFC Vice President takes charge of any duties delegated to him by the conference President. They are also the League Recruiter, which means they are in charge of making sure The League has an acceptable Waiting List that is able to withstand any expected attrition.

OPEN - (NFC Vice President, Recruiter for The League) -

NON-BOARD MEMBERS Responsibilities (see below for details)

OPEN - League Historian- This person will be committing to keeping track of all league history in the League History Forum. This included Records, Standings, Teams, ect. They will have the ability to do this there own way and will be responsible in getting their own help and coming up with their own systems to keep track of the The League History.

IV. Application/Ownership Process

All NEW applicants must follow this process to be considered for an ownership position in The League. All steps must be followed. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility from The LEague until all steps are completed.

1. Fill out an general application on the Tradition Football Forums.

1. This application is found in the general Tradition Football Forums, and is separate from The League application.

2. Complete The League ownership application, found in The League forum.

3. Schedule a scrimmage in the game scheduling forum.

1. This scrimmage will be played with normal league rules.
    2. The results of the scrimmage (talking about game play, not the final score) will be forwarded to the AFC and NFC Presidents, who will then make a decision on your eligibility for league ownership.

4. Once you are eligible for ownership you will be put on the waiting list.

1. If you have preferences for teams you would or would not like, please state them so you can be placed appropriately.

5. When a team opens up, the respective Conference President will contact you with an ownership offer. Once you accept, you are responsible for immediately getting game ready. This is a fairly fast moving league. BE READY!

------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------

We have 15 spots open. Please post here if you wish to apply.

9. KnightNoles

10. KnightNoles