Madden News: EA SPORTS MADDEN SUPER BOWL HALFTIME BLOG

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by RynoAid, Feb 8, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ehh, expected information. Nothing 'ground breaking' to me. Madden is a very good game. Now that Xtreme Football set a standard for online franchise features that should be their main concern, giving gamers that type of experience. Ian and company have busted their ass the last few releases to bring Madden out of the early generation funk they were in. Their foundation is strong and now its time to build around it instead of switching it every release. All Madden needs is a informative and interactive online feature like NCAA '11 and people will love Madden like it's the '90s' again.

Surprise onside kicks wouldn't be something I'd 'lead off' with but I have faith in that group that they have something special this year. By the way, I think EA devs need to come to TSO and hear what 'JerzeyReign' has to say... I'm full of constructive conversation[​IMG]

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

hold on gotta clean off my cpu screen

hahahahahahahaaha

:)

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Agreed.

I actually expected to see surprise onside kick after last years superbowl and after reading a twitter discussion between pastapadre and ian cummings. I think everyone expected to see tuner packages as well.

I have hope for Madden this year, but I did for Madden 11 as well. This is a make or break year for the Madden team. I am not buying it if Online Franchise does not make serious strides. Its time to stop making half assed features and start fully fleshing out the features like Superstar mode and Online Franchise that have been in the game for awhile now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You will see surprise onside kicks every kickoff in ranked games from now on and it will pry be banned on TF after release.

But the Online Franchise will make or break this madden

6. Keller

You speak the truth.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I mentioned something like that on the main page article as well... I have a feeling it will be a banned feature.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

9. Keller

In the TMFL, I'm thinking we will probably ban these. If you want the onside, kick it as your normally would.

Its just going to be one of those hot button issues that people will rage about.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think they should drop it to one time per and/or put in a kickoff return play that has 'watch for fake' which mean they may not get a hat on every player of kickoff return. Just even it up, I don't play in any Madden leagues but I wouldn't want that banned. I hope they add that to NCAA '12:)

11. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I agree with every word you just said

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya drop it to 1

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Twice per season...haha

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I was thinking the exact same thing.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Two times a game is entirely too much. Two times a season would be allowable, I think.

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Can we get the statistics of how many times a suprise onside kick has been run in a season by all teams? My guess is maybe once.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Pretty much what I expected, a couple minor things right out of the gate. The good stuff won't get released for a few months. At least I hope there's good stuff lol

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

19. Keller

20. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

THIS!

Definately a good thing from a sim standpoint... but would still need to be monitored in league play IMO. Nothing like having a special feature that gets abused too much.