Madden NFL 11 Title Update #4 Details from OS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Oct 20, 2010.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

credit to operation sports:

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=451856

First off, we have been aware of a roster de-sync issue that resulted in more disconnects during some online games - primarily affecting Online Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team games. Rest assured we have a fix slated for this upcoming title update, and more details are explained below.

Ultimate Team ‘Rivals Pack'
    The biggest delivery for this update is a set of features built around Madden Ultimate Team, and this signifies a few months of development work as we couldn't squeeze these features in by the ship date. The "Rivals Pack" delivers three new features for Ultimate Team, allowing you to make new rivals in Tournaments, face off against old rivals in Play vs. Friends, and renew some rivalries with Refer a Friend.

New Feature #1: Tournaments
    You guys have asked for Tournaments in Ultimate Team for a while now, and we're happy to say that they will be available in the next title update. Here are some details about this brand new feature:
    1. Each tournament has entrance criteria which can range from specific players to minimum team skill or chemistry.
    2. Once you enter the tournament, you'll be matched up against another tournament player and battle it out. The owner who wins the game will move on to the next round while the loser has to start the tournament over.
    3. You win coins every time you advance and if you advance to the last round and win, you'll earn even more coins and you might even win a rare player.
    4. Tournaments, like Collections, are dynamic and new tournaments can (and will) be added throughout the season.
    5. We're also planning on having special promotional tournaments where we release an insert for the weekend and those that find that insert can enter a special tournament.

New Feature #2: Play With Friends
    Another feature the community has asked for is the ability to play against your friends in Ultimate Team, and that will finally be available in Title Update #4. You can challenge your friends anytime they are online and play a game of MUT.

New Feature #3: Refer a Friend
    One of our favorite new features is Refer a Friend. If you have buddies that play Madden, but they haven't joined Ultimate Team, you can earn coins for getting them to join up. A brand new screen has been added that allows you to keep track of your invites and your rewards from the friends that have accepted the referral.

Uniform Updates

Here's a list of uniform updates that will be rolled out when Title Update #4 releases:
    • Added alternate tops for the 3 Vikings jerseys featuring the 50th anniversary patch being worn this season.
    • Added the current Redskins Home and Away uniforms. In addition the socks issues are fixed.
    • Added the current Chargers powder blue uniform.
    • Added a uniform top for the Saints including the Super Bowl Champions patch as seen in their home opener.

Content Updates
    Here's a list of some of the other changes we've made to Madden NFL 11 that will be rolled out when Title Update #4 releases:
    • Fixed a couple of random Madden Moments stability issues.
    • Fixed the user's ability to view play art manually if the opponent on defense holds LT/L2 pre-snap.
    • Fixed an exploit where the user could audible when coming out in the Bronco Heavy formation with a HB or WR at QB.
    • Fixed an exploit where after pressing the square/X button on defense a user is able to hold down on the L-stick which allows the defender to release off the LOS and go after the QB as soon as the ball is hiked.
    • Fixed a hanging issue with onside kicks in Madden Moments Live and offline Madden Moments.
    • Fixed an issue causing a high percentage of disconnects in Online Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and other online head-to-head games

Well, that's it for the update on Title Update #4. Expect it to arrive at the end of this month or the first week of November with all the features and improvements you see listed above. If you have any questions or comments feel free to hop over to the EA Forums to discuss.
    - Madden Team

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sounds great....but what about the tuning of defenses further? lol

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

most especially this:

• Fixed an issue causing a high percentage of disconnects in Online Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and other online head-to-head games

4. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I'm probably in the minority, but I think defense is just fine. The games I have been playing have been pretty realistic, both yardage and scoring wise. I know it's popular to complain about the game, but I think it's actually playing pretty dang good after that last patch.

The disconnect fix is HUGE...hopefully it doesn't create other problems.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm still in the camp of wanting all-pro. However, for whatever reasons, all-madden is the more realistic setting for decent defense. So for the good of the league, I play on AM. I do miss all-pro, though.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm with Bada...I like the defense. It's not unbeatable....ask Ox who put up 30 points on me this week.

Thank goodness for the disconnect patch. While I haven't had but once DC issue the whole time, the majority of our league has. This should be a welcome change!

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Guess ill have to go try out that broncos audible formation in ranked games and cheese everyone until the patch comes out. Also that jump off the line thing as soon as its snapped.

Good thing they are fixing it or things could have gone way south for online franchise.

And finally, WTF ultimate team? theres plenty of other shit to fine tune than ultimate team... who the fuck plays that and actually cares about all that bullshit? Whos with me?

8. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Defense needs an awareness buff. Locomotion is the main problem, though. It is completely in favor of the offense.

This can't be fixed in a patch, but they need to seriously sit down and figure out how to code the game so that speed is not the only meaningful stat. In the NFL, speed is not everything. If it were, teams like the Bears, Raiders and Eagles would be tearing things up. Not the case.

And all-pro is absolutely horrid. Too easy to run; too easy to pass. I've always hated all-pro though.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

They just need to adopt that euphoria engine from Backbreaker, tweak it with EA's monetary backing, and just revolutionize Madden.

But Lord knows that EA will never do that. Revolutionize Madden? Crazy talk.

10. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I agree with the Backbreaker engine, Winuvas. Would be awesome.