Madden Online Franchise Q&A

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HotRod, Jun 9, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Madden Online Franchise Q&A

Online Franchise Q&A

This sheds a little more light on Online Franchise especially stuff that was left out and workarounds.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

So they've basically taken money out of the equation - no salary cap, no contracts, no free agency.

That'd be a LOT for Ryno to work in - might just have to live with that. Hey, at least they get old and retire.

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as people have been saying. I'm afraid to go read what the people on OS are saying though, lol.

And the fantasy football nerd in me got all excited at a 54 round fantasy draft =].

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ehh.. sounds doable.

5. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Overall, should be much improved from last season. Even though it says (very rare), the career ending injuries should be interesting.

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Still wondering about trading draft picks.

No free agency and no contracts really does suck though.

It makes me want to do the Fantasy Draft though.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

no fantasy draft....whats the point of picking teams?

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

No roster turnover is the worst part. Simple house rules might be easier than tracking contracts etc. Like every year you have to cut a guy 90+ or two 80+s, then 3 70-79 rated players, and 4 <69 players, something like that. With an NBA style supplemental draft so the worst teams don't get a top draft pick and the top FAs.

With the premade draft classes at least there will be hidden gems and not all the good players gone after the first 5 picks. I wonder how scounting will work online...is it even available?

Then again someone might make a nice easy FA manager program and make it available online like with NCAA rosters.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    As far as roster turnover how about each of us just going offline to see how long each of our players contracts are, yes it is some work but at least we'll have an idea of who is supposed to be FAs. Just throwing out an idea...

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We can enter our players contracts into a master list, then each year turn it over. We would have to work on some instance of you resigning someone, or have them just go into a FA pool. Kind of sucks.

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Well if EA says they can add new features with an update to their servers for online franchise, then we should get all things that were left out of the game after it releases in August.

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't hold by breath for any fixes to come to soon after release, it will probably be sometime around Christmas before they fix that stuff, LOL.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    After reading the article, he did make it sound like they did plan to add those features on at a later date based on community feedback...

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

hopefully they do

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

I like the idea of the Fantasy draft. We could break it up over 2 or 3 days if needed. Multi platform participation also thats cool.

I agree that is a bummer about no free-agents, salary-cap, and contracts. Those are the things in the NFL that cause teams to go on the decline or rise depending on the GM,l ocking up your young guys at a discount not overpaying for the regressing vet. .It also makes them end up being pretty equal talent wise.

No import of NCAA rosters??

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ryno already said no Fantasy draft......he wants to resemble the real NFL as much as possible

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

good...why go through the hassle of selecting teams if your just going to do a fantasy draft...

18. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

yeah, no fantasy draft

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Yea I say no fantasy draft. Seeing Osi & Tuck on another team will not seem real. You can have Eli though.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its workable, we just have to make up our own rules. We may need to find current contracts and how many years are left post them.

Then you have to make choices about who you bring back and who you let go.

The thing we really need to figure out is how to do our FA.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Current contracts and then figure out a formula for contract escalation. FAs could be a bidding war or highest offer.

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

We use to have to do something similar back in the day for the PC, it was simple, easy to understand and i guess as fair as you can make things under the circumstances.... and it was something like this..

Players are considered free agents when they reach the following ages at the conclusion of a season.

Teams are given 5 franchise tags. These tags can be utilized on any player that is due to be a free agent. These tags will last until the next free agent period. Once you have given your five franchise tags, you can't save anybody.

The players left over are then put into a Free Agent draft with the order based on a combination of averaging team overall vs. team w/L during the pervious season.

Something along these lines is pretty easy to keep track of..

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

5 tags a yr or the entire franchise?

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

for the entire franchise

25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Does the franchise tag lock them up for the next 4 years, or just the 1 year?