Madden Online Franchise

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Sep 16, 2011.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

So I just tried to play my first game for the online franchise in Madden. Me and the guy I played against tried to connect to each other a ton of times and it never worked. It kept saying that connection to opponent has been lost. We even waited a few hours and tried again.

Anybody else having problems with this? Is the online franchise servers messed up right now?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Interesting. I have played at least 6 online franchise games and haven't seen this problem. Did you try and connect in an unranked game?

3. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

I have never experienced any d/c issues. Then again I think this is one shining star in the game...online is flawless for me.

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I have played a few head to head online ranked games today. Me and the same guy tried to connect to play an unranked game but we couldn't connect to that either.

5. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

How are you connecting?

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Damn really? I've played several without a hiccup.... Knock on wood

7. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i play alot of games online , most of the time i be having no issues

8. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

What do you mean, how am I connecting?

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i had this problem in OMFL back in madden 10

10. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Think he means are you wireless or hardwired? If both of you are wired, you shouldnt have any problems. Sometimes last year i had problems connecting to wireless people and they had to hardwire before we could play.

11. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I wouldn't even try to play someone who tried to hook up wireless in a sports game.

Just because they are both wired doesn't mean it will work 100% of the time. I have to forward ports and DMZ on my router to an IP address which I had to assign to my xbox to be able to play some people.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

make sure you both have the roster requirements..they won't let you play if your short on a position...

13. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm using a wireless connection.

14. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Would someone want to do me a favor and if I setup a test online franchise. Would one of you be willing to join it and see if we can connect so I can make sure it's not me because it might be the other guy who has the problems. My gamertag is IXI DECAY IXI.

15. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Wireless and gaming are like oil and water - they just don't mix.

16. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I moved the XBOX into my bedroom next to my router and hard wired it.

17. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Don't know if your issue is resolved but I have had the same problem. I've noticed my games having problems after I access the playbooks in the settings section and with a wired connection I can say my game has had problems 100% of the time if I change my playbook then immediately try to get a game in.

18. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I havn't had anybody since to test if my problem has been fixed or if it was even my problem in the first place. It may have just been the other guy. I don't see why Madden would be any different for me. I have played user games in NCAA dynasty with no problems. I play OTP in NHL and HUT games in NHL with no problems. I have even played OTP games and ranked matches in Madden with no problems.

19. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Me too thats why i figured it had something to do with the playbook menu, seems everytime i go in there i can't get a game. Don't know man sucks tho, had to sim twice because of it. gamer tag is at the bottom if you want to test it out we're both in GFML aswell so well have to figure it out sooner or later . let me know

20. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Okay man. I will definitely add you. I already have the test franchise setup. Franchise name is Decay and password is 1234. I joined as the Saints so my first game would be against the Packers.

21. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

If you haven't had problems before it sounds to me like it may be an issue on your opponent's end. If it is a problem on your end, there are so many different variables that can contribute to the issue that you cannot just pin it on being wired or wireless. I, myself, have been playing my games online using a wireless connection since owning my PS3 and I have not had any problems with connectivity other than the time when my ISP changed their service w/out informing me. Which leads me to my next point of discussion... Who is your ISP and what type of service is it that you receive? The reason I ask is because the modem and router you are using will make a big difference in your connectivity as well. I, myself, have a cable ISP. If you are the same you want to make sure you are using a modem that is DOCSIS 3.0 or better. You're also going to want to use a router that provides you with enough bandwidth for you to be able to play your online games w/out any hiccups or disconnects. You can always assign a static IP address to your PS3 and assign it to the DMZ setting on your router, but if you have a good enough router that shouldn't be necessary. Just a few thoughts as I read your post. Hope they help.

22. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

My ISP is a company called Centurylink. They are stricly a phone/internet company. I'm not sure how to check my modem and see how good it is. I have been using the same Linksys router for years though and never had any problems with it.

23. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I used to have CenturyLink for DSL. When I switched over to Comcast cable I had a much better connection.

24. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

This could be your problem here. Routers just go bad sometimes. Could be time for an upgrade. Either modem or router. I think routers are for wireless though, if you're hardwired now you might want to upgrade the modem? Don't quote me on this, i'd like for others to correct me if I'm wrong before you make a decision. But I THINK that the modem would be the item to upgrade rather than the router if you're hardwired. Makes sense to me. But of course it could just be CenturyLink

25. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Bingo. Just like anything else, technology changes. Just because something has always worked in the past does not mean it will continue to be sufficient going forward. The most important thing is to be using a DSL modem that will provide you with optimal performance. I would suggest testing your connection speed using something like http://speedtest.net/ or http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ and proceed with what is best for you from there. You may be right and the modem that you've had all these years may still be just fine. But I'd suggest making sure that you are operating with as good a connection as you can be.