Madden QB Ratings

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, Sep 26, 2011.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

A bit confused as to what matters more, overall accuracy or each individual accuracy. I haven't played much madden since the new QB ratings, so any insight would be much appreciated. The issue arose as I was presented with a dilemma in my OF draft. I had the #5 pick and needed a franchise QB after a simmed season. Which guy do you go with.

Peter Newcomer, 83 overall. (6'3, 222). A potential
    89 THP 65 ACC. 88 SAC 81 MAC 78 DAC.
    87 SPD 90 ACC 92 AGI 86 SPIN 90 JUKE 76 CAR 83 INJ

Ryan Kaiser, 84 overall (6'1,225). A potential.
    94 THP 70 ACC. 86 SAC, 81 SAC, 69 DAC.
    70 SPD 84 ACC 78 AGI 56 CAR 74 JUKE 54 SPIN 76 INJ

Despite preferring a pocket QB, I pulled the trigger on Newcomer. Who would you have gone with and why? I feel as though the short, medium, and deep ratings are more important...but to be honest I really don't know. I don't think you can lose with either guy here.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Who: Kaiser
    Why: See Jamarcus Russell

3. I Peench

Jamarcus has terrlibe SAC MAC and DAC though...

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Lol, i was being sarcastic man--
    whats his ratings out of curiosity.

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    From what I have found over the last two maddens is that totally accuracy doesn't mean shit. Its all about short,medium, and long

• Like Like x 2
  6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Most important is how quickly the throwing motion is. Ratings don't even matter IMO, G_T_G dominated with Nate Davis. I have a madden man crush on Matt leinart, and Peyton manning is terrible. Sad but true, B0BJR0526 knows what I mean.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Drew brees in fast forward compared to big Ben

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

The Great Nate Davis.. I also had a run with David Garrard too.. no pun intended.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

While I agree that throwing motion speed is important - its not important enough to start Matt Leinart over Peyton Manning IMO. Especially not now that Leinart is probably rated in the 60's.

10. I Peench

Thats what I figured, and why I rolled the dice on the speedier QB.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Hopefully is throwing motion is quick too haha.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

like most things, we have completely different opinions

12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Keller I have played with both and screw Peyton. Gimme Leinart! To me Overall isn't as important. I literally watched Emmdotfrisk shred people last release with Leinart..while I got the record for sacks with Peyton cuz he is so slow with release.

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You PS3 guys are weird.

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LOL

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I keep wondering if THA does anything. Same with PBK and RBK. I thought they were old artifact ratings and the only thing that matters is SAC/MAC/DAC and RBS/RBF/PBS/PBF but I'm not sure.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I know you guys don't pay attention to me once I start going off about sliders (among other things) but THA, in my years of delicate slider research, have noticed that THA in both NCAA and Madden are somehow tied into how effective a receiver (or TE or RB) will catch his pass.

Keeping the passing slider at 50 actually nukes that because at default 'everyone is the same' and ratings really don't matter. This goes for any difficulty. Difficulty gives 'hidden' boosts. Higher levels favor the CPU, lower levels favor the HUM. Pro or Varsity levels are normally the 'even' difficulties with no boosts for either side given. Doesn't mean they're playing to their ratings though that is why it still seems easy. Go play a game at that level and notice that play calling differs. No physic line shifts or coming out in a 4-3 on a for sure run play despite the offense being in a 3 wide set. Very few slider makers actually know this because most just tweak until it feels right.

Sorry for ranting and this post will more than likely get ignored. The Red Bull has me going.

On topic: Kaiser is your best bet. Through my conspiracy theory, his WRs will hang on to more passes.