Madden website preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 21, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

the guys posted this...

Pretty impressive to look at. Unreal depth.

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I'm super pumped for this game.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

sadly...so am i. ugh, what is this world coming to

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

it's gonna take me 7 years just to figure out how to do everything.

6. vatechhokie01

definitely gonna take forever.

on madden, been playing the demo here and there, and again, understanding i really havent played it that much, there will be cheesy stuff like all video games, and that the retail version will play a bit different, what I really really like:

-zone seems to work really well; so dissapoitned in nobody using this in NCAA. so nice to open up the defensive playbook
    -DB/WR interaction seems even better in Madden than NCAA. really really realistic on DB swats vs interceptions, separation of WR/DB and just everyone playing the ball
    -running feels right; dont have to resort to same plays

Notes thus far on demo:
    -i hope you have been playing all-madden cuz that is what we are rolling with.
    -i am absolutely LOVING all-madden. haven't won a game yet and doesnt feel like its cheating at all. ive obviously been tinkering and not really playing exactly as i would but I have thrown a TON of picks. passing is really difficult but again, feels very realistic with DB interaction.... lots of swats and you better be careful or you will get picked
    -running is easier (as Goose stated). cpu runs, you can run... im sure this will be the way to get wins and for us to restrain ourselves or look into upping difficulty. love how running feels though. please already plan on being careful with this. don't be that guy.
    -have surprisingly just enjoyed the all-around real players, real faces, beautiful graphics (jerseys shine... NCAA is SO washed out).
    -i remember when i bought madden a couple of years ago and played it one game before returning, I felt like everything was so chaotic, fast, and literally made me dizzy and my head hurt. that all seems totally gone. really like it.

Looking forward to:
    -i think the game as a whole will offer more intrigue, mostly based on the playoffs. Everyone can make playoffs (hopefully they don't), but if they do... very very intriguing playoffs with multiple users that isn't obviously present in NCAA (i.e. you can't go 12-0 with one user game and then play the cpu for the title. you have to earn it!). multiple user games in-conference is pretty awesome too
    -the whole online deal: i think i'm going to go all nerd and setup a Twitter account for us (please begin at least just registering a twitter account for this league at least if you haven't). I don't even really use Twitter but it does sound like it might prove pretty useable if we had just us in a twitter account and could receive post updates on this.
    -i'll say it again: trades, free agency, scouting, and the draft: so fun... so much room for banter, interaction, and intrigue

Skeptical about:
    -i mean, it really is just so many moving parts. twitter, facebook, texting advances, multiple users, storylines, players, coaches, XP, scouting, budgets... monumental if they pull it off and really hoping and actually expecting that they do somehow. and sadly, a huge indictment on NCAA as a whole (although I afford that this might be mostly due to huge budget discrepancies: would love to see the budget differentials)

• Like Like x 1
  7. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Where was all this when I didn't have responsibility or a care in he world. This is a lot of stuff and its a whole new ball game because the game-play is totally different then last year, so its a fresh start for everyone. I just want us to really get some games in because Madden is a different beast...We had upsets in NCAA that caused an uproar but what do you call an upset when your all professional teams? Teams that were once piece away last year upgrade prime examples
    Redskins(Top 5 User Defense last year, add Bog Griffin Pierre Garcon)
    Colts(Same team as when they had Peyton Manning but add Andrew Luck and Two solid TE's)
    Seahawks( The most under rated team last year they have 2 CB's over 6'3 and 93 or Better Speed, They just need a QB)
    Miami Dolphins another scary team last year Great Defense just needed Offensive help

Looking at last years standings the only team that may not have become better on the game is Cleveland only because of QB questions but they have a solid young defense.

I got bit by the bug last night in my game vs Ohio but every week will be like that on Madden.

All I ask is that we get all slider stuff out of the way first because the flow of this game is like night and day vs NCAA just because the same folks made it this year I still see the same issues on All Madden fresh out of the box I know slider adjustments will be needed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vatechhokie01

well i will say when its all said and done it appears as though near default Heisman sliders will be where we are at on NCAA. And aside from running being a tad too easy and zone defense being unplayable, the game is pretty good. weave pointed out that teams throw a lot but the reality is our best two (near unbeatable?) teams run, run, run while the throwers, although having good success, have done great for the most part staying sim with going to their go-to guys while also throwing a number of picks and losing.

i see this for madden as well: default all-madden will be a good start, people will have success running, and throw a lot of picks.

but yea, i think you are right and this will be refreshing: much more level playing field in madden. teams 1 to 30 aren't that different and when you add user skill in, i imagine user-user skills and the playoffs (i'll throw in interceptions as well cuz there is gonna be some!) will be the biggest test. And that I think is a very good thing!

Honestly can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Who are these 2 near unbeatable teams that you speak of ???

I was shocked to hear Weave say that he only passed for under 150 yards a game. I try and try to pass and I just can't get it to work, I've never been able to pass on any game besides Tecmo Bowl. I get hyper focused on trying to pass and then I get myself in games like last nite when I try to not be out done by the CPU and I forget about that really got me this far and that's running the rock....Crazy I know! I had the # 6 rusher in NCAA last season and I'm lucky if he breaks 1000 this season. Only because I became hyper focused on learning to pass this season.

I'm nervous because I really got into Madden last year and I don't want to get excited and end up let down. See with NCAA I had to learn to love it again NCAA was normally that game that I played once Madden got boring and I only played it for the month until Madden released.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vatechhokie01

well it might change but in my short time with madden, INTs are pretty easy to throw. We did lower INT on NCAA or there would be a lot more but, again, the CPU DBs feel so right on Madden I'm tempted not to tinker. Every single pick was my fault.

Note: this is the first year EVER I have not been heavily run oriented. I miss it like crazy but my UTSA back is so terrible all I can do! Looking forward to letting my caged dog (really good transfer RB waiting) loose next year in San Antonio!

And will be hard to restrain myself in Madden with a Hokie RB I love! Definitely more risk with passing as we are all idiots and end up yelling $*%*! three times a game on some bone-headed throw we make.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I miss running the ball too! Need to recruit a fast white kid again and get back to doing what I love to do :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

being a racist?^

13. vatechhokie01

interesting thread on all-madden vs all-pro. maybe we will go all-pro after all. i'd much rather all players play as they're supposed to (there are a LOT Of drops on all-madden and the cpu RBs are unstoppable) but also don't want us all going 16-0 (with only losses being vs. users).

You guys that have played in year's past, is all-pro basically auto-undefeated mode or what?

note: i havent played demon on anything but all-madden and usually get crushed but am getting better and like the challenge

14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

No it is well documented that I always end up with a white kid that I do well with. Just a random fact.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

All Madden is a whole different beast. I hated all the slider conversation before but this whole conversation depends on the flow of the game. All pro with tougher sliders would have been beast last year in my league but i didn't know what a slider was. Top Teams that are 85 and higher are pretty tough on All Madden.

17. vatechhokie01

18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

two seconds in and I turned it off, How the hell can I get tips money tips from a dude with grado style pool...

• Like Like x 1
  20. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Do you get madden tonight heath?

21. vatechhokie01

noon here but yes... sure it will take few hrs to download

22. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Tell us all about it

23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

So
    May be quicker NCAA wasn't that bad. Hey I'm thinking I'm going to take advantage of the discount and download the game to my PS3 as well. They say if you do they left you start the download at 9pm the night before so you have it ready release time.

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Watching the Video...I'm may be switching teams if the Raiders cap is jacked just like real life...

25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Just had a thought...

Think about when we all get to sit together and do our DRAFT together LOL. This will get crazy after hearing this guy talk more!