Madden

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 23, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Thoughts:

-unbelievably embarrassing how much better the graphics are on madden than NCAA. i still haven't figured out why both games dont use the exact same engine, graphics, gameplay, etc thus cutting costs and freeing up money, people, time, etc to focus on the technical, logic, experience, peripherals, etc and making the integration of the 2 seamless and easy... makes no sense to me. its the same dang company!
    -unbelievably sad that we will have to wait until next year for an online dynasty like NCAAs for madden. really enjoyed the demo (and I have NOT been a madden guy for years)
    -but do you realize how fun this will/would be to run them parallel through Tradition...
    -if EA didnt suck so unbelievably bad! really can't believe all the problems and absolute crap with these released products
    -but free agent auctions, drafting our ncaa classes, etc would be insanely fun to run parallel. sigh. cuz you know even next year when this hits that there will be 5,000 bugs and problems. unbelievable.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

last year I bought madden for this same sort of thing...played it once

• Like Like x 1
  3. vatechhokie01

well yea, until its online dynasty is like ncaa's... sucky

although i will say that the whole franchise (which was so stupid in so many ways before) looks unbelievably improved... which really just means that... it "looks" improved

again, it will undoubtedly have a million bugs and stupid A.I. logic... EA's hallmark

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

But at least Madden's injuries work!

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

the last few years i have gotten madden, i played it a total of about 10 times. i keep telling myself that I am NOT getting it this year.

6. vatechhokie01

yea, i just don't think its worth it without online franchise stuff. BUT... when they get it integrated we are ALL getting it!

7. TJM

TJM Walk On

So you cant run a franchise with other players online? Like the whole show with FAs, Draft, trades, etc..?

I havent played Madden since '05 and am intrigued, though I am not huge on the NFL. Although some other games I want to pick up such as NHL '12 and Battlefield 3, will prob take up the other times between our NCAA games, so might not be time for Madden.

8. vatechhokie01

no. next year. online dynasty is lame as hell on madden currently. nothing like all that

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You should read about league manager which is now sponsored and endorsed by EA

• Like Like x 1
  10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I have always been a Madden 1st guy. Online franchise is sub par. Only the TSO leagues make it acceptable with all the hard work the commissioners, TSO staff, and dedicated players put it. No free agency, salary cap, etc. blows big time. The game itself plays pretty well in a sim environment, but there are definitely way to many gay aspects of the game itself. Similar to the stuff our rules prevent on NCAA. Drag routes and crossing routes are damn near unstoppable. I played a guy online that picked a HB screen over and over and just had the TE run a drag the opposite way. Good luck trying to stop that one against a good player. Anyways, once the game comes out I will again play it and hope they make it a solid version that we can all play and love. After last year I'm not very confident. Creative director Ian Cummings got the axe so there is a small amount of hope.

11. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

^^^^This does help make it more enjoyable. I was in a franchise league last year that was pretty fun when we integrated league manager. It will be nice when they get it all on the game though.