Madden'11 FAs : keep gong as is or "force" FAs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Jul 16, 2010.

?

How do we run Madden'11 resignings

1. Same as Madden'10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dual Salary Cap

100.0%
  1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Madden'11 FAs : keep gong as is or "force" FAs

Here's what's going on, those people who did a good job managing cap space, did let go some good older FAs thourghout the season... most users did not and complained they didn't have cap space to sign their draft picks. (coincidentally the users that did not manage cap space did not last 4 seasons)

So, do we let the bitchers bitch and run Madden'11 as we did Madden'10

or

Have a dual salary cap. Basically say that people have $230 of cap to resign their veterans, then the cap goes up to 250 at the draft so people have money for offseason FA and draft picks. This dual cap would insure people would have cap space for offseason stuff, and force them to do something other then use all their cap space to resign veterans, giving nothing up to FA, but at the same time not being able to particapate in offseason FA.

I'm completely against gov't interference, and having authorities "protect" people from themselves, so I would rather run the same way we did Madden'10. However I also am open to ideas and alot of times somewhere in the middle is the better option.

What does everyone thing? (this is for anyone whose signed up for Madden'11 : Ten Year War, as well as anyone that's played in another OF with salary caps)

2. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

I'd vote for the same... you can spend money on keeping vet's, draft picks, whatever - spend it as you chose.

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think the second option is the same as the first, but only for people who are bad with money or math. I'd say stick with option 1.

4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Same salary cap as for 10. If you can't keep track you must suffer the consequences.

5. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I agree, stick with option one. Forces good cap management throughout the year.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Let the bitchers bitch. Money and math is pretty simple.

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Letting the bitches bitch it is.

8. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I can manage my cap just fine. I don't need cap assistance turned on. I'd prefer to decide where the money goes myself.

9. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Yeah, you were definitely were one of the ones that were not afraid to let a guy go into FA, or make moves to keep your cap right. I Believe in the 2 seasons you played I managed to pick up 3 Saints, while you managed to pick up 3 Panthers (one guy on both sides was due to a trade).

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah Sedrick Ellis for Jeff Otah. What are you going to do in '11 when you are stuck with crap at DT? :)

11. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Trade Clausen to some Notre Dame fan for a high 80/low 90 DT. :D

Actually it will be sad not having Ellis in Madden'11. I played some many seasons with him anchoring the my brutal run defense, it almost feels like he really is a Panther.

BTW - the Panthers have so many holes it's not funny, but yet where there's not a hole they are as talented as a 90 rated team... feast or famine I guess. Of course I'll go with feast or famine then have a general lukewarm team.

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Trade Clausen and stick with Moore. Bold move. Not sure the value Clausen will have. I'll stick with Alex Smith until I can draft better :) I've got a solid running offense that I don't need to focus on QB that much.

Defense is going to be the pain for me. Patrick Willis is about all I have and his 99 OVR is just out of place on the mediocre SF defense. Wonder what I could get for him....