Magic - Pacers Proposal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by f4cekha0s, Feb 25, 2012.

1. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

Magic Offer
    D. Howard 93 OVR 1 YR 17.15M
    G. Davis 70 OVR 4 YRS 25.70M

Pacers Send
    R. Hibbert 77 OVR 1 YR 2.59M
    D. West 74 OVR 2 YRS 20M
    2012 1st Round Draft Pick

2. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

sinthetik86, carlpelini
    You cant offer the trade on 2K until the committee approves. This deal is not fair for ORL. Hibbert is a solid young center, but he along with West and a pick that will probably be out of the lottery isnt a fair deal for Dwight and Davis. IND has to give up more young talent like Paul George and Collison before this could be consider. Look at what NY had to give up for Melo.
    JerzeyReign, tagged so you can see post, and reason why I vetoed trade.
    Look at ryty32 and my trade, that is proper way to offer and accept deal

3. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

well, even IRL everyone acknowledges that ORL will never get fair compensation for D12.

4. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

yeah, i agree. even though IND wont be able to resign Howard either, more needs to go into this.

5. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Thats true, but in 2K we can have more control in trades. Even in real life ORL would get a few better offers than the deal offered. Hibbert, Paul George, and Hill or Collison and the 2012 IND pick would be a fairer deal.
    sactown_13, what do you mean Dwight wont resign?

6. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

doesnt do me much good to get a few 1 yr contracts in return, the whole point of trading is to secure players since D12 likely wont resign. Hibbert and George will both want fairly large contracts.

7. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

You can resign them since they are restricted free agents, if your looking to save money you should either let his contract expire or trade Dwight and another bad contract like Hedo to get rid of more cap. The deal you guys agreed isnt fair for you or the league IMO

8. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

9. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

his 2k player card says "i want to test free agent market" just wanted Pacers owner to know what he gives up doesnt mean what he gets in return will resign. his choice, but big risk

• Like Like x 1
  10. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

but neither will reach the value of D-ho. 26 years old rated a 93 with big potential, need more.

11. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Very true about the free agency risk, but thats the type of risk that is taken for talent like Howard. To give up that young talent to make the deal fair, you risk being stuck with an average team if you cant resign Dwight.

12. carlpelini

carlpelini Walk On

Ok make the 1st round pick a second round and throw in collison.

Honestly the trade initialy offered is more than fair, im giving up my 2 best players and a first round pick which will be a lottery pick bc i may win 15 games this year bc all-star is impossible. Also, im freeing up a lot of money for ORL. I have the most cap room in the league so i can afford to make this move. Honestly im getting annoyed bc you guys bitch about every move in a league that will end up restarting anyway RIGHT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS! Look, i will continue to play and participate bc i love this game and love being in a league. But when two users agree to a move you shouldnt be able to just come in and make me give up more. I will throw in my PG too to please everyone. If that is not good enough then I will just wait till the season is over and throw a shit ton on money at DH bc I have over 10million more money in cap room than anyone else in the NBA.

13. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

just because it was your 2 best players doesnt mean the deal was fair. so whats the final proposal? type it out with the info of the players. that shit annoys me

14. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

this is what the trade committee is in place for, say one day you decide to stop playing or the ORL user stops playing, the league cant undo your trade. it needs to be fair for the incoming users also. just because D. West is one of your best players doesnt mean his value is incredibly high. he's on the back half of his career and his rating is only going to decrease. Howard on the other hand is only getting better and is already one of the best players on this game, his value is incredibly high and it needs to be compensated for.

15. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Be prepared this will be long

1. Your initial offer was not a fair offer. Trading a young solid center and a decent PF is not a good deal for Dwight Howard and Glen Davis(who is 25 yrs old).

2. David West is not your 2nd best player, Granger is the best followed by George and Hibbert. Hibbert was a good start, but including West and just a 1st was not enough.

3. You are only freeing them up from Glen Contract, look at the bottom of this post. I can offer a better deal and free up way more cap if that what they guy wants.

4. The 2012 1st should stay in the deal, as well as Collison, George, and Hibbert being involved in the deal. Like I mentioned before, NY gave up alot more to get Carmelo Anthony. Your proposed deal is robbery IMO.

5. Technically you do, but I have a few expirings as well as $7 million in cap to work with to take on salary.(Which will soon lead to my last point)

6. Sorry but I thought this was a sim league? Not just in gameplay, but running a team as well? sactown_13 and I are doing the best we can to keep trades fair. Your deal was not close to being fair.

7.You can throw money at Dwight, but so can I and a few other teams. Remember though, your probably going have to rescind your rights to a few players on your team to clear up more space, which means if you dont get Dwight, the Pacers will be in a bad situation.

And finally my last point, I could offer a better deal according to your standards of clearing cap, a high pick, and a young player.

CLE gets-Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis
    ORL gets- Antawn Jamison, Andre Miller, Thristan Thompson, 2012 1st round pick

That deal gets rid of a lot more cap than your proposed deal since I also take on Hedo' contract. If he didnt want Tristan and wanted pure cap relief I can offer Sessions to even more cap from him and he gets a pick. My deal still wouldnt be fair because he doesnt get fair value(which will be hard since he is trading Dwight).

Just because we know most likely he wont get a fair offer for Dwight doesnt mean we cant try to keep it as fair as possible. Hibbert, West, and a 2012 first is not fair for Dwight, Hibbert, George, and Collison and a 1st for Dwight still isnt that fair, but it is a lot fairer than your original deal.

16. carlpelini

carlpelini Walk On

OK thanks I appreciate the responce. How about...

ORL gets -Hibbert, Collison, Granger, 2012 1st round pick
    IND gets - Turkoglu, Howard, Wafer

17. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Dont know if it really works, Granger is a solid player but what does his contract look like?
    EDIT-He has 3yrs left, around $12 million a year. Dont know if the Magic would want to take on that contract.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  18. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

I have no clue why 2K did not include multi-team trades in online OA, it would be a lot easier for you guys to get what you want. Pacers wouldnt have to give up as much or take back a lot of salary, and ORL can clear a lot of cap in a Dwight deal and get some young talent.

JerzeyReign, later in the week I think it would be a good idea if you, me, and sactown_13 get together on here through conversation and make some more in depth guidelines for trades or I can come up with a list of things and send them to you guys so we can discuss them.

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, you could start a Private Message now if you like.

20. carlpelini

carlpelini Walk On

sinthetik86 Cavs4LIFE JerzeyReign sactown_13

ORL gets
    D. Granger 3yrs 39.1M 2012- 12.02M
    R. Hibbert 1yr 2.59M
    D. Collison 1yr 1.46M
    2012 first round pick
    Cap room - -8.88M
    Cap room after - 4.21M

IND gets
    D. Howard 1yr 17.5M
    H. Turkoglu 2yrs 22M 2012 - 10.6M
    V. Wafer 1yr 1.4M
    Cap room - 17.12M
    Cap room after - 4.03M

thoughts?

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Personally, I think the pick is too much for a rental. Everything else, is as even as its going to get. I'll let the TC do their thing though.

22. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

My disc decided to crap on me im working on getting a new copy asap no later than friday hopefully.

23. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

I think including the pick is fair because he didnt trade both George and Collison. I approve the trade because ORL gets a young center and PG to build around, a pick to improve their team and cap relief. Granger is still productive enough where they can keep him and try to win, or trade him for young talent. For IND, they get Dwight and Hedo who can still contribute. He can still resign Dwight if he declines his player option, he just needs the cap space to do it.

24. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

My disc decided to crap on me im working on getting a new copy asap no later than friday hopefully.

25. sactown_13

sactown_13 Walk On

this works for me.