Major BCS change

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by HackGolfer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Major BCS change

Kind of a long read.. But it is a good one.. I feel that the Government's time could have be spent in areas of higher concern

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I pray for a "Sweet 16". It would be insanely awesome and so much more fun to watch and keep up with! I think the popularity of college football would skyrocket!

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

They could very easily take the top 8 or 16 and then keep bowl games as a NIT-type postseason for the teams that don't qualify so the bowls don't die. But they should also make it easier for the small schools to get in if they have a 6-6 or better record so they are not overshadowed by the big conference teams. Having a playoff that starts a week or two after the conference title games would get rid of the layoff that affects team that run an offense that relies on momentum like Oregon.

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I agree that a tournameant would be ideal, but hope its only like top 8 teams maybe even less. just think the regular season in college football is so exciting and dont want something to take away from it. Also as much as BCS kinda sucks its WAY better than the way the bowls were before.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

top 16 teams, consisting of 11 conference champs and the top 5 ranked teams in the BCS poll.......seed them, play the first and second round at the higher seeded teams stadium, then move to the same neutral site for the final four and and a different neutral site for the championship game

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you wan't 6-6 teams to make it to the playoff? I have problems with 6-6 schools making it to the Ed's used car bowl. playing average football shouldn't be awarded....

7. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I just want a sweet 16! It would be outrageous! I would have so much freakin fun when playoff season comes around! Even if the dawgs didn't make it(though they will), It would be sweeeeeeeet!

8. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

A college football tournament would instantly become a top 3 sporting event of the year(behind the NFL playoffs and March Madness). I would drop everything to watch every second of every game.