MAJOR OD glitch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roggie, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    In case anyone hasn't heard, there's a nasty glitch in ODs right now. First, the only team that I can edit rating wise is my own (meaning medical redshirts can't happen). Second, the only team who has their injuries carry over from week to week are the commissioners.

I'm not saying to wait on starting the dynasty. But I also don't feel it's really fair that only one person can have injuries (whether it be me as commish or someone else). If anyone can think of something, let me know. I'd rather not turn injuries off either.

2. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Can't we just turn off injuries until the patch comes out, then turn them back on? And I heard that you can't edit a players age is the edit menu anyways.

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    By what I saw, you could edit anything.

4. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

You can on the main menu roster editor, but you can't edit player ages on the dynasty editor. At least not on my offline dynasty you can't.

5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wow, I had heard of the commish only being able to edit their own roster but the injury bug is news to me. Unbelievable.

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm sorry to say it guys, but we may be holding off on starting this dynasty for a while longer.

There are so many glitches/bugs in this game its getting freaking ridiculous. Off the top of my head, I can name some that will have a negative effect on the integrity of the league.

- OD commissioners can't edit every player in the dynasty except his own, which literally makes no f***ing sense.
    - OD name filtering, causing tons of players to have XXXX as their first or last name
    - Super Human linebacker, Psychic DBs are running wild in games.
    - OD commissioners' players suffer injuries and they last as they should, while everyone else's injuries seem to disappear after advancement.
    - The game freezes up nonstop for a lot of people with named roster files.
    - There's a new glitch found that player tendencies are being changed and named players play worse than the default roster's players. Its hard to explain, here's the source to read up on it. Its awful.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/496010-possible-roster-glitch.html

And I'm sure there are a bunch of other stupid things I'm forgetting to mention. I mean we'll probably start the dynasty in the next week or two just out of boredom, but these and other issues are really hampering my motivation to play.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Agreed. I haven't touched the game in 4 days because of how many issues there are. It's ridiculous. Odds are we will start first week of August. Gives EA a little time to fix stuff, and also means we'll be playing less of the dynasty with the broken game.

If anyone disagrees, let me know. If we get 6 or 7 people who want to start ASAP, we will.

8. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Sorry to break it to everyone, but I'm pretty sure there is no chance this dynasty will get off the ground until the next patch releases. EA confirmed the game is pretty much FUBARed with name rosters. Really f*cking sucks we have to deal with this.

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    There's more than just tendencies too. I'm not even putting the game in until they patch it.

10. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This is getting ridiculous. I wish we had just kept playing our '11 dynasty.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm literally sitting here doing an NCAA 06 sim, and loving it. Built Ohio from a 1 star with 51 players to a solid 4 star program. Discipline and all the little things have me so immersed.

12. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

You've given me something to try Roggie.... I'll have to put in 06 as soon as I get home.

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm loving it. I never had it back when it was new, so I wasn't someone who was used to all the little things. I went from NCAA 2000 to 2008 (PS1 to 360). And since I was 9 when 2000 was out, I only remember one thing about it: Cheat code where you could tackle the ref for a point.

Yep, you didn't run through the ref. You knocked him over. (Or he tackled you, a la Stephen Garcia) But all the little things have me enthralled with the game. I can't play a game, since the framerate on my emulator drops to 30 fps (which is odd, since it runs the Final Fantasy X cutscenes at up to 130 FPS with the limiter turned off, and they're far more graphically advanced), but the sim dynasty is a blast. I've now made Ohio a 5 star school, signing a 5 star QB and HB. Too bad in offseason recruiting, only 1 3 star ever has interest.

• Like Like x 1