MAKE IT HARDER (difficulty/sliders)

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by G_T_G, Jul 25, 2013.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

These CPU games need to be more difficult. We are all winning easily against the computer just about every week.

I say we up the sliders or go to Heisman.

bravejaf

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

up the sliders... dont go to heisman please

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Make it harder to throw, and easier for the opposing QB to throw.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I agree I like the user/user difficulty on all american so far. You dont have overpowering coverage. But I do think the opposing qb rating should be higher and blocking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I definitely agree with the cpu passer rating. My last game the QB started 1 for 12 for 12 yards and 2 INTs. User/User seems fine, but me being a #7 ranked team beating #17 Louisville 52-0 (which in actuality probably couldve been 70+ - 0) just doesn't seem right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Not sure what ours are currently set at, but these are the ones I use to run my online dynasty and we've had a couple teams lose to the CPU including myself vs Notre Dame, playing as LSU. Just food for thought...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am looking at different slider sets and will do some more research when I get home from work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigJim11

BigJim11 Walk On

I agree with this. My Illinois QB was like 21/23 at one point in my game against the cpu.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

User pass rush/CPU o-line seem a little off to anyone else? I just feel like my 70-something rated linemen shouldn't be having AS much success as they are

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Considering my week 2 opponent threw 1 incomplete pass, I don't think there is any coverage on All-American. ;)

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I thought we were trying to make it easier for the CPU to pass the ball. I don't see how that would happen if we lower the CPU QB Accuracy and raise the user pass coverage. I'm just wondering if we want to make that change. I like the user settings in your post.

12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Not sure either. I'm down for w/e. Was just throwing it out there. What are our current sliders? Are they default for the most part?

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

100% default at the moment. Most of the slider sets I have found are for Heisman difficulty. I like the set you posted but was wondering if I should up the CPU accuracy.

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Don't do a complete overhaul just change what it is now basing off what we've played. No need to mess with stuff that is fine. Up CPU accuracy and pass block and pass coverage..

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Done, everything else is at 50/50

Attribute - User/CPU
    QB Accuracy - 40/60
    Pass Blocking - 40/60
    Pass Coverage - 40/60

• Like Like x 4
  16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm not sure if it was the slider change or the 5 day break from playing an NCAA game, but I could not pass in my week 6 against Northwestern. Miller was not correctly leading passes and most of the interceptions were severely under thrown. There were a couple of funky plays where the receiver never even looked for the pass on a short route (slant or in). The CPU wasn't much better at passing, Colton missed a bunch of passes and he was picked off two times.

17. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I haven't played in week 5 or week 6 yet, but for some reasons my week 4 game against Boston College I noticed a big difference. I had a much harder time passing and only wound up winning 14-7 in a very close game. Maybe it was just that 1 game, I'm not even sure the sliders were changed then. But for whatever reason BC played me like a top 25 team and they haven't even won a game yet. I'll give some feedback tonight after I play my week 6 game.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The sliders were in effect until this past week (#6). I made the changes in week 5 but they don't activate until the advance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Anybody still want it harder? Still feel like the other QB (CPU) is struggling pretty bad.

20. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

BC's QB was 10/11 with 2tds at one point in the first half against us...most likely due the fact that I suck at this game, lls, but still, I'm good with where we are. Theoretically, all users should win against CPU, losses come from user vs user games. That's how I look at it anyways. I always have to come back in my CPU games, usually gets easier in the forth and I pull away, cept for Bama game...but I go with the majority of the league, up it if it needs to..

21. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I feel like if we play a team that is rated just as good or better, no matter if its the cpu, it should at least be a relatively close game not a 4 TD+ win everytime.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We can revisit sliders after this week. I advanced to week 8 before work so any changes will not be effective until week 9.

• Like Like x 1