Making it Right

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, many of us are getting hosed in one way or another by the greatest product in the world, so I thought we should discuss how to remedy this.

Now, we need to know the problems, and we need to have suggestions for ways to offset those problems.

For example, bdub lost a star due to a simmed bowl game. That's big. I can't fix it, but I might be able to help him get it back, since he never actually lost it. I could cupcake up his non-con schedule a bit, or drop a user game and replace it with something more easily winnable - a game for a game to offset the loss.

As for recruiting, I have no idea. Maybe I raise the cap for him and allow him to recruit to 75, so he gets a better shot at decent recruits, and can gamble a little.

I'm not saying I want to do either of these, but these are the kinds of suggestions I'm looking for. Note: I will be looking to favor the lower ranked teams in this a bit. If you just came off a big bowl win, or went to the BCS, your compensation might be lesser, but not to a huge extent.

So let's start talking fixes, OK? I want to know what to do before the pre-season, so we can put some excitement back in this thing. Cool?

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Who in their right freakin' mind thinks Utah/bdub would have beaten LSU? ;-)

Haha, I'm just kidding. I'm open to helpin' some guys out to any of these options if it helps make things fun again.

Good riddance to Year 1 in Sim Nation! Can't wait for next season ...

Edit: P.S. I got unfairly fired, lost my lone vet WR (who was going to stay the first time around), and busted my ass to get a 4th star to see JCA luck into his. I want justice!

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

I appreciate the offer Archie I'm going to think of some ideas and reply back in the morning.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Ego when I finally beat you it's going to feel real good ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Ways to make it right? Not much can be done for losing a star. I can, however, think of a couple things that would help in other areas.

1. 2nd roster fix. As you know, I think MSU's roster was very flawed. I'm sure many other guys that know their teams well (I think that's most of us) could find something else wrong that could be adjusted.

2. Future lenience on players leaving. After getting hammered (3 of the 5 guys I lost would never leave early), I think I've more than paid my dues on guys leaving early. Several teams lost the type of guys that we identified when we adjusted the players leaving policy.

I didn't try to write that in a way that suggests I deserve any of these things, so please don't take it that way. When you ask for ideas to soften the blow, these are two that came to mind.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let's not get carried away here. That's my suggestion!

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Archie as you said nothing is going to make up for losing a star but it is what it is, nothing can be done about it and its not anyones fault. With that in mind I would ask that I be allowed to recruit up to 75. This will allow me to take some gambles and hopefully bring in some better recruits.

If any of you guys feel this is out of line or not fair let it be known. In the end its not a huge deal and I will just take it and move on.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Whatever happens will be balanced. There's a big difference between making an adjustment and giving away the store. The store will be asked for - it always is - but what actually happens will likely be less that what is asked for.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Is there any compensation for getting screwed in the bcs game? I did win 44-10, yet took a sim loss

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How's this?

trophyClipArt.jpg

I'm honestly most concerned with bdub, who got it the worst. The rest of us got hosed also, but not nearly as bad. It sucks, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head that will undo it. maybe a H&H with OU so you can destroy their season a couple times?

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That would be great!