Management is Restructuring

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Oct 16, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Please read this post in its entirety. TMFL25

As we all know, we lost our fearless leader Shaun Mason recently, but I feel like he's really de-Keller'd this league to the point where we are set up for long term success. He handed the file over to me, not knowing I had just taken a new job that requires a lot of travel and evening hours spent at meet-ups and events. Shaun and I were clearly on the same wavelength about most things, so it was safe to say we both knew I would've been thrilled to take over the league had that not been the case. Either way, I want to make it clear that Shaun did us all a great service in resurrecting the league, and in no way jeopardized us moving forward. If I hear rumblings of anything to the contrary, I won't hesitate in removing you from the league.

After the new job, I had some things personally that made free time even harder to come by. Suffice it to say I'm struggling to find time for anything right now, much less playing videogames. Unfortunately, this situation isn't getting any better any time soon, and I'm at an impasse as far as my videogame leagues are concerned. My love for this league is strong, and it kills me I can't assume the role of commissioner following Shaun's departure. For now, I'm going to try to hang on and see if I can get games in. If not, we've got some strong members on the wait list foaming at the mouth to join TMFL (which speaks volumes).

I do, however, want to make one thing abundantly fucking clear: this league will survive and thrive irrespective of my involvement (or Shaun's). There are a lot of nay sayers and idiots that actively want to see TMFL die, don't give in to that shit. I've had several guys step up to assume leadership roles, and all have made it clear they love the league and want to see it thrive. It's been incredibly encouraging, and I think bodes well for the future of the league.

Here is the new management structure. For now, I'm leaving myself off this list, but know I'm actively advising fuzzy as he makes the transition into the role of commissioner. I believe with some Peench grooming, fuzzy will do very well in this role. It's imperative that you all get on board with this immediately, and give him your full support.

Commissioner: fuzzyl0gic
    Self-explanatory. Holds the file, HNIC.

Assistant Commissioner: Gyrene76, Masler
    Keeps fuzzy grounded, and acts as a advisor to the commissioner. I've known Josh a long time, and there is no one I trust more to do a great job at this role. Despite being new, he will be a fantastic addition to the TMFL staff. We all know Masler has a lot of experience running leagues, so he will be helpful as well.

Gameplay complaint team: sawemoff, moonbbad
    Track gameplay complaints and complainers. You get PM'd on every complaint and settle the complaint. Since I set this "team" up, there have been less complaints.

Content team: kasper, Gyrene76
    Generate content ideas and push for guys to create content. Try monitoring game recaps as well.

Team management team: Danthraxxx, PapaPerry
    In charge of waiver wire and approving trades. The trade part should be really simple/quick, as you just have to have people post trades, tag you, and make sure they are within the rules.

Transaction log: Randiesel75
    Keeps track of transactions. Should work in conjunction with team management team when it comes to trades to ensure nobody is going over their limit.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Appreciate the kind words.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    My sucking up plans

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I would just like to openly apologize if I ruffled any feathers with my dislike for the sliders or the way in which the league was going, how I went about expressing that was less than constructive to the league. With that being said, if any of the new management needs to bounce ideas off of me, feel free to hit me up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I Peench

[​IMG]

-SMDR

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Thanks Steve. Well said, TMFL is going to do just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I am fully on board with the TMFL and whatever the management team wants to do and whoever is in a management position, I just want to play some fun football video games with good and decent people who will also harass me and mess around, which I think I have found here. That being said, I do have a question, are we still going to have people in charge of the NFC/AFC?

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

TMFL carrying on in spite of haters ..........

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Thanks for all the you guys have done to make this league so great. I know a lot of time and effort as been poured into it, and it shows.

10. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

To echo Grav's statement, it was never my intent to sow the disharmony about TMFL. I wanted to at least have a discussion about the sliders and get everyone's thoughts therein.

I think everyone can understand my frustrations, at times, with the game as my thoughts aren't that far outside what I've heard from other people. That said, I'm as committed to TMFL as ever. We've added some really good members to the league and we're hitting our stride into the offseason.

Now if we could just do something about these HK people riding biggcoug's coattails.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    this thread and all the thank yous is like

[​IMG]

Week 1 everyone will be bitching about sliders and Jesse kellering

• Like Like x 1
  12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I may be in the minority, but I think a discussion like the slider one is healthy. My intent was never to stage a coup, just discuss. I think because we type and don't speak it can be misconstrued as "bitching". Which was never my intent. I love the league, even if Aaron Rodgers can't complete a 5 yard out. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

User error. Not sliders...

• Like Like x 2
  14. dakota7

Well, I'm working on that. Did you know there is a Nike skills trainer thing that helps you become a better passer? Found that last night......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

can you please show Brandon Weeden where the fuck that is IRL ?

• Like Like x 2
  16. dakota7

Norv Turner doesn't know?

17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Gameplay complaint team? What kind of vagina massage parlor are we running here?

• Like Like x 7
  18. dakota7

I like the sound of that. Are they hiring?

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You'll have to ask MoonBBad and sawemoff . I'm sure there are some tricks to the trade you will need to learn.

20. dakota7

Master vagina masseuses?

21. I Peench

Mission accomplished. You'd be amazed how quickly people chill the fuck out when you hold them accountable for their complaining.

Running a league with 32 guys, there are bound to be misunderstandings.

22. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG] I got served

23. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

:meh:

• Like Like x 1