Manager Survey

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by RedAL925, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Participation optional...

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it?
    2. Do you use custom tactics?
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation?
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent?
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves)
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match?
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match?
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out?

2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? Yes. 4-1-3-2 with the 3 consisting of a CM and two wingers.
    2. Do you use custom tactics? NO
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? Use a specific formation. Aston Villa's preset formation does not give me the ability to put Albrighton in the game as they are VERY defensive (playing a CB as one of 3 deep lying CMs).
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Yes
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) Yes. I bring in Albrighton/Bannan/N'Zogbia off the bench.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Not that often.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Almost never. If I have a comfortable margin I will try out players but other than that I stick with my starting 11.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? Depends on how long the injured sign stays on. I'll give it about 5-10 mins gameplay time and if they are still injured will swap them out.

3. jb_banco

jb_banco Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? Nope just the default ones in the game.
    2. Do you use custom tactics? No.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I change from 4-3-3 to a 4-1-2-1-2.
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Sometimes, change usually depends on if I feel I'm getting nothing on offense or getting worked on D.
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) Yes. I bring in an RB from the bench and two mids.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Rarely.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Depends on if I feel the need to change my formation, or if I have a last minute corner.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? Never. LOL

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? No
    2. Do you use custom tactics? No
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I have a few I prefer, so I'll alternate between them depending on what's working for me at the time and what fits the team. But usually it's between a 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-2-2, or 4-2-3-1
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Sometimes, but not often. If I do, it's player personnel or formation
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) It'll depend on the game situation. I have a few changes I can make depending on the score/situation.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? If I need to better match up w/ an opponent, I may make an in-game formation change. Otherwise, I'll wait until about the 75th minute to change into a more attacking or defensive form (such as 5-4-1 which has a diamond midfield, or 3-4-1-2) depending on the score, and by about the 80th, may change the team's setting from balanced to attacking or defensive (hitting left or right on the d-pad once)
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? I'll usually make about 2 sub changes after the 75th minute or so
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? No. Maybe if there's little time left I would

5. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? No custom formation for me
    2. Do you use custom tactics? Yes. I have 3 different custom tactics that I use in a match.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I used a few different formations throughout the year. I ended up using 4-1-2-1-2 that entire 2nd half of the year. Prior, i experimented with a 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? I do change tactics throughout the game depending on how the match is played.
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) My starting lineup changed almost by the game. If I needed offense, I would play Fellaini at the CDM spot and Cahill at CAM. If I needed defense, I would put Cahill up top, Fellaini at CAM, and Heitinga at CDM.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Almost never change formations, but I do use different tactics throughout the match.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? I almost always used my subs. They were almost always tactictal, rarely for for fatigue.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? Depends on the guy. Injury seems to affect speed the most, so if it a LB or RB I would sub. There was one match were I put Drenthe in as sub, he gets injured within 3 minutes of putting him in the game. He is primarily a speed player, and was subbed out almost immediately.

6. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it?
    I have a customized 4-1-2-1-2, but I stopped using it due to failure
    2. Do you use custom tactics?
    No, I only change tactics during the games depending on the score. I f I am winning I change it to ultra-defensive, but I keep the formation same. If I am losing, and it is the dying minutes I change it to attack, otherwise it`s always in balanced mode.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation?
    I change it to 4-1-2-1-2. This is what I am used to, so I don`t really change it ( only against IJGator ) :)
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent?
    No, only against IJGator :), I just started changing it against him 3 games ago and I got 9 points from him :) I might have been just lucky, we will see...
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves)
    For sure!!! I have to have Diakate in the game He can not be in the reserves with a 74 rating, He is a very good CDM. I also put Macheda in subs from reserves.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match?
    I don`t change formation, but I change tactics depending on the score and how bad I need the points.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match?
    I rarely use my subs unless there is an injured player and can`t perform well enough or depends on the extreme fatique decrease.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out?
    It depends on the position and who gets injured. I don`t sub Cisse, Zamora,SWP,Barton,Taarabt. They can play with broken leg :)

7. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I'm going to have to take a closer look at your formation against me next time we play. :)

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? No.
    2. Do you use custom tactics? Not online.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I always use some variation of a 4-3-3, so I try to find a team that plays that system.
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Nope.
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) I occasionally swap out a winger depending on my mood. I've played some reserves in Coppa group stage matches as well.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Rarely tactics, occasionally I'll switch my formation depending on circumstances. If I'm down there's not much to do being in a 4-3-3. I've gone 4-1-3-2 on occasion late in the game
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Depends on how the game is progressing. If I'm up big I'll swap out good players.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? I'll keep them in until halftime and then figure out what the injury is. If it's dead leg quad he stays in, if it's sprained ankle he'll come out.

9. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? -I have one, but it is identical to Spartak's default formation. The only difference prevents my outside backs from venturing so far up the field, everything else is the same.

2. Do you use custom tactics? Nope, unless you count my adjustments to my outside backs as stated in the formation.

3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? Preset

4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Sometimes in game if I'm clearly getting dominated in an area, but never pregame

5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) Occasionally, This season I have had 15 different guys start at least one game

6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Almost never

7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? At most, I pause once to do substitutions, sometimes have halftime substitutions in addition, but often don't sub at all

8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? Depends on the player, but mostly will leave him in.

10. hokie79

hokie79 Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? I use 4-2-3-1 but I change the position and work rates of the position so it is customized that way. I started using Preset formations and I sucked the first 6 games in Serie B .

2. Do you use custom tactics? My 4 tactics is Counter Attack, Fulhams Default, and I have 2 others customized (one for full attack and one for a balanced attack that I use to start with. I switch tactics based on situation

3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? See #1

4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? No formation change - I change tactics in game with the Quick Tactics feature

5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) I have to - Fulhams starting lineup is Old and Slow - I changed to a more attacking lineup just to score some goals, and also replace Senderos and Kelly with Hughes/Baird - I take almost all 30 seconds to get everyone in, and in a few times i missed the cut and got screwed b/c the changes didn't take place.

6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Only if i get behind or ahead by 2 goals. If im behind i usually wait until 70th min to change things up - esp if my offense isnt doing well.

7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Situational - if Im behind I will put Progs in and/or Ruiz if hes not in yet

8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? I never find out someone is injured until end of game details - which kinda sucks

11. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? I usually go with Stuttgart's standard 4-4-2, which pushes the two outside midfielders high and wide, so it's almost more of a 4-2-2-2. If I do modify it, it's pulling the left midfielder toward the center as a holding/attacking midfielder underneath the left striker and pushing the RDM formward into more of a true CM/RCM role and more resembles a 4-1-3-2.
    2. Do you use custom tactics? yes. Stuttgart is woeful on the long pass, so I shortened my attack to try and ensure support is always near the ball. I also contracted my defensive line so they don't get strung out too wide and create huge gaps.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I usually go with Stuttgart's default. If I'm not having any success, I may go to my one standby, which is something like a 4-1-3-2 (see above).
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? Not based on opponent, no. I will change my formation at halftime if I'm not getting any offensive penetration, and tactics will shift as the game goes if I'm having difficulty maintaining possession. More aggressive opponents will tend to get more aggressive tactics from me, or else I spend 90 minutes on my heels, praying for one good counterattack - and Stuttgart isn't built for counterattacks.
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) Yes, I bring in Kuzmanovic as a RDM/CM (depending on the formation), Gebhart as a LM/LW and Delpierre as a RCB.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? Very seldom on formation. Tactics, I'll shift 3-4 times per game, depending on how I'm playing. I start with my custom default (see above), and then shift as necessary depending on the situation.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Probably not as often as I should. If I need a burst of pace, I'll make a sub or two at about 70'. But 90 percent of the time my starting XI are my finishing XI.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? It depends on who's injured and when the injury takes place in the game. If the injury is before halftime, usually not, since the half seems to cure all ills. If it's just after halftime with most of the game to play, I'll make the switch. I have three or four positions I consider key to my attack (anemic though it may be), so if one of them goes down at a crucial time, I'll make the switch to keep that position healthy.

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? - NOPE
    2. Do you use custom tactics? - NOPE
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? Team's preset
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? - NOPE
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) - Yes. I get the best available guys on the pitch every match. And will sub out depending on injury, penalty (cards), and fatigue.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? - Leave default pretty much.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? - Generally at halftime and use 2 of the 3 allotted.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? - Yes, if I notice it, I'll sub ASAP.

13. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

in addition to next season, what about having a secondary league or tourney that is strictly MLS and combines players from all 3 serie's? it would be fun to add a few more games with teams that are completely different to what we've used since fifa 11... well except for LA Galaxy who have been used all of 12 :p

just an idea to freshen things up a bit

• Like Like x 1
  14. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

ops i posted this in the wrong thread.. meant to put it in the "next season" vote thread.

15. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

1. Do you use a custom formation? If so, what is it? Yes and no. This season has been so up and down I've tried almost everything from 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-2, 3-5-2... and so on.
    2. Do you use custom tactics? I did in 11 but didn't bother putting time into creating them in 12.
    3. Do you use a specific formation and apply it to your team(s)? Or do you use the team's preset formation? I usually use CSKA's default from FIFA 11. The CSKA default in 12 is one that i just can't seem to get used to or use effectively.
    4. Do you change formation / tactics based on your opponent? No.
    5. Do you change your starting lineup? (i.e. using reserves) I've had almost every one of my subs in the starting 11 at least once this season (except for the GK). Also a couple reserves have started.
    6. How often do you change formations / tactics during the course of a match? No I usually pick a formation and go with it. Don't think games are long enough to tinker much during the game. Kinda live and die by the sword sorta thing.
    7. How often do you use your substitutes during a match? Depends on the situation. Sometimes I use 3 of 3 and sometimes I use none.
    8. If your player is injured but stays in the match, do you sub him out? Depends on the player but most often I leave them in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.