***MANDATORY CHECK-IN: 2013 Week 9 is open! Deadline Wednesday 10/2/13 @ Midnight EST***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 30, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THIS ENTIRE POST. REVIEW AND RESPONSE IS MANDATORY!
    Great job everyone in getting your week 8 games in early! We were able to advance early Sunday evening, to get a jump on week 9, which is now open! The deadline for week 9 will be Wednesday, 10/2/13 @ midnight EST. Although, with the early advance, i would hope we don't need that long to get our games in.

Please remember division games require a recap. The list of required recaps will be posted at a later time (Michael Overman).
    TRADE DEADLINE

With the conclusion of week 8, the trade dealine has passed and trading is now closed until after the Super Bowl. (The Titans & Eagles will be processing their trade BEFORE their week 9 games, due to technical difficulties in week 8 prevented them from doing so.)

SLIDERS

Primarily due to the glitch with clipping penalties following an interception, which incorrectly gave possession back to the team that threw the interception, we have decide to turn the clipping penalty OFF COMPLETELY (Set to 0).

In an attempt to offset this, we have turned the Holding penalty slider up from 52 to 54. We will be monitoring this situation going forward.

MID-SEASON CHECK-IN

With The Q reaching the halfway point of our first season, we wanted to take this opportunity to address some league wide concerns and hold a mandatory review and check-in for all owners.
    NOTE: Failure to reply to any mandatory league post could lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of ownership in The QSF.

TOPICS REQUIRING ATTENTION:

• QUICK SNAPPING (mentioned before, but worth noting again): There have been a lot of reports of "Quick Snapping" on offense throughout the first half of our season. Please everyone make sure that you are giving the defense adequate time to set and make adjustments. You SHOULD NOT be regularly snapping the ball the moment (or a heartbeat after) your offense has set. Now this doesn't mean the defense should expect all the time in the world to make adjustments. If on defense you keep getting caught in pre-play adjustments, perhaps you need to simplify your adjustments.
    • PRIMARY RECEIVERS (mentioned before, but worth noting again): We have seen a significant amount of teams utilizing their tight ends and backs as their primary receiving targets in the passing game. While there is nothing wrong with utilizing these players/positions, all teams should be targeting their primary receiver(s) at least an equal (if not a majority) of the time. That's not to say that there won't be games here and there where you take what the defense gives you, but that should be the exception and not the norm.
    • SCHEDULING IN THE FORUMS: I want to be perfectly clear here; scheduling AND COMMUNICATION is not just expected, it is REQUIRED! Going forward, we will require a scheduling thread for ALL GAMES with communication from BOTH OWNERS involved, to be posted within 24 hours of the opening of the week in the forums (the only exception would be if the game is actually played within that time period). Even if it is to update everyone that a game time has been set already, create the thread! A good habit we can all get into is being proactive with the scheduling forum and look ahead to the coming week. I know we all have busy lives, heck I am much busier than I used to be, but please be respectful when working with your opponent to schedule a game. Nothing is worse than when one person wants to nail down a time and the other is being flaky about it.
    • MANUAL PLAYER MOVEMENT (DEFENSE): Reminder; you are only able to manually move ONE defender pre-snap. If you do manually move a defender, you MUST maintain control of that defender until the ball is snapped. If you manually move a safety, you may only take one step forward or back. You may NOT manually move a safety to LB depth.
      • D.6 PLAYER MOVEMENT

Manual player movement of ONE defender pre-snap is allowed. The AI is able to account for our manual player movement. Therefore, you may manually move a defensive back as long as he remains within his "positional boundaries." You must remain in control of that defensive player until the ball is snapped on offense. All manually controlled defensive players must remain within their "positional boundaries" until the ball is snapped.

Manually controlled players should also mix up their strategies during the game. A defensive tackle will NOT swim all game as the offensive lineman would make necessary adjustments to counter that. Unfortunately, the AI does not think that well so mix up your attack.

NFL teams also shift players around in order to get a better blitz angle. However, there are a lot of "glitch blitzes" that prevent us from allowing teams to move players around on defense other than Madden shifts or manually controlled defensive backs. At no point should shifts be made to take advantage of the D-line spacing or to allow a DB to encroach the line unpenalized in order to reach the quarterback unabated.

D.7 POSITIONAL BOUNDARIES

“Positional boundaries” are defined as follows:

• D-line - No movement other than defensive line shifts (pinch, spread, left, right). ALL DEFENSIVE LINEMAN MUST BE VISIBLE AND ON THE LINE AT THE SNAP OF THE BALL. Spreading the D-line and audibling or manually controlling the DE's to crash out around the OT's is not allowed. Manually audibling and/or manually controlling a DE/DT to drop into zone coverage is also prohibited unless the play called from the huddle is a zone blitz calling for the DE/DT to drop into coverage.

• LB - One shuffle laterally, either direction, and/or a Linebacker shift (pinch, spread, left, right). NO MOVEMENT TOWARDS OR AWAY FROM THE LOS.

• CB -No individual movement allowed. Press and cushion coverage allowed.

• FS/SS - Lateral, forward, and backward movement allowed; ONE STEP ONLY FORWARD/BACKWARD. You may NOT move up to the linebackers' depth.
    • INJURIES: There have been numerous inquiries about the injuries in the league. The injury slider has never changed (52) and we do not anticipate it changing in the future. The fact that injuries have an impact on the league is intended and welcomed. We feel it adds to the realism of the league. Frankly if you compare our injury list to the real NFL's, we are not even close to what you see in real life.
    • IN-GAME COMPLAINTS: I for one have never been a fan of giving or receiving complaints DURING a game. I would request that all owners in The Q think twice before complaining to their opponent DURING a game. If you see your opponent do something that you feel is out of line, please note it and bring it up after the game has completed. You may find that it wasn't as big a deal as initially thought, you may not. Either way, waiting until after the game to address the issue lends more legitimacy to the issue (rather than just appearing to be sour grapes). Now if there is a blatant infraction, and it can decidedly change the course of the game, that would warrant something being said (and league management should be notified as well).
    • SPORTSMANSHIP AND RESPECT: All owners in The Q are expected to show good sportsmanship and respect to fellow owners at all times. This includes during direct communications, in games, and in the forums. While talking smack and having fun is a big part of what we do, know where to draw the line. There is sometimes a fine line between playful smack talk and being downright disrespectful. Please realize that if you just handed an opponent a tough loss, he may not appreciate you calling his QB a sack of shit in your recap ;). I will caution as well, the quickest way to punch your ticket out of The Q is to disrespect a member of management who is addressing a concern with you. THAT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
    That is what I have at this time. Please take the time to review these concerns thoroughly and make adjustments as necessary.

EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

A simple "Read and Understood" reply is NOT ACCEPTABLE. I would like to see replies with thought, that show you truly read and understood these concerns. This can include steps you have taken (or intend to take) to comply with these concerns, comments about the concerns I have listed, etc. I just want to see participation from ALL OWNERS in The Q.

I look forward to your replies and good luck everybody in week 9!

~Jim

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Alonso (ferocious)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

First and foremost I will like to thank the Q and its staff for letting me join it's been fun thus far. I think scheduling in the forum is a big topic with a full league communication is the key to successful league. I normally have a set schedule but if I feel like I have a gap of opportunity I will try to play just to get the game out the way. The clipping issue glad to see we came to a solution to I notice a few players had problems with this and that really sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

read and understood.....

oh wait... Clipping was never an issue in my games until 3 penalties on KR this week. The only thing that is lame is how hard the deep passing is, however that seems more like an game issue than sliders itself.

Sproles led my team in receptions but I had 3 receivers within 2 of him.. Saints run a lot of sproles lined up as a WR... However it doesnt matter anymore as he tore his pectoral muscle and will miss 24 weeks.. Yes 24 weeks. FML.

Communication is huge, cell phone numbers are a great way to shoot a text out to those who are constantly working (myself included) or work odd hours.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thx Jim! (y)

I always wait at least 2 seconds before I snap the ball. If I see the defense making a shift, I wait to snap the ball until the defense is set.

I always use the forum to schedule my games with my opponent; often time BEFORE the Madden week has been opened in an attempt to be proactive. Even if I have discussed a kickoff time with my opponent by alternate method (YIM or text), I still post an update in the scheduling forum with our scheduled kickoff time.

Nothing is more frustrating than an opponent trying to take advantage of the game by manually moving players around outside of the rules. I only make "Madden shifts" when moving the defense around. If I do manually move a player, it will be to keep them "at home" at their assigned position.

I've been on both sides of the injury bug both in years past and this season having often times having 3-6 starters out at the same time for an extended duration. Nothing is worse than losing your drafted rookie to a season ending injury. However, the injuries are what they are and it forces teams to utilize their depth. I take my lumps and move on.

Anytime I see a tendency by an opponent, I bring it up AFTER the game unless it is something blatant such as putting a player out of position or using formations that would not be allowed. If it didn't influence the win/loss, why make an issue out of it during the game?

We all have lives outside of Madden. I respect that and try to be as communicative as possible. I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wish my opponent a genuine "good luck" and "good game" before and after the game REGARDLESS of W or L.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

read. accepted...I say make headsets a requirement for future seasons. Instant gameplay feedback is always good imo.
    No complaint so far, expect that I was the victim of the clipping glitch, not that I would of won the game, it's just the principles smokie, principalities

• Like Like x 2
  6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Read and accepted that being said with man cover being so overpowered this year and seeing so much man under (not just here everywhere) checking down to backs and TE's will be common. The other options are throw a pick,
    take a sack, abuse a #1 wr in the slot, or run the same 4 plays. It personally keeps me up at night lol and not sure how to improve it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Cool Jim..
    • I give plenty of time for teams to make adjustments.. I let the play-clock dwindle down to 20 secs. and sometimes a little lower depending on when I get out of the huddle. Sometimes ppl do late shifts on the defensive front and the ball is hiked while players are shifting... but an ample amount of time is given so defenses can make adjustments.
    • I'm one of the ppl that has a TE with more recs. than any of my WR's. It's not that I dont try to get the ball to the WR's.. It's one of the main reasons RG3 has thrown 21 ints.. With him forcing the ball to get them work. I'll see what I can do to balance it out more, but if everyone looks covered from my end, I have to go to the guy thats open... or I will end up with 50 ints. on the season. Out-routes.. fly routes.. button routes... I do my best to spread the ball around, but the WR's seem to be on lock.. which is cool....... so I call myself making the smarter play and throwing to the person that will lessen my chances of throwing an int.
    • Read & understood bullet points in between
    • Sportsmanship & Respect.. I make it a point to say GL and GG before and after.. and sometimes even good drive or good play during the game if im on YIM. One thing I do know is.. you cant win em' all, unless you got some hell of a luck and skill to go along with it.. definitely not the case with me! As far as my "Land of the Bottom Feeders" post goes, its not meant to disrespect anyone that happens to be on the list... more-so a playful banter.. shits & giggles type of thing. It was created to mention everyone... Just wanted to add something fun to the league... but if it's too much for some, just let me know, and I will not include your team or be done with the post completely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Read and understood most of these issues have not been in any of my games... However there are some other things that I would like to see what the leagues thoughts are on these. One is on a timing route to a WR, when the WR makes a cut or break it seems "they get stuck in mud" like they forget what they are doing kind of glitchy. Has anyone else experienced this? Another thing that has been bothering me is the mix up of WR routes.. The play formation change but the route seem to stay the same mostly the curl routes. Its not a big issue but has caused concern in a game or two.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Good stuff Jim...

• Quick Snapping - I usually pick my plays rather quickly to keep the pace of the game moving but i always try to wait at least 2-3 seconds(time permitting) to snap the ball. However, there will always be times you snap the ball and catch the defense in an adjustment because frankly you just don't know what the other player is doing. It's not on purpose, it just happens. It's even happened to me a couple times.
    • Primary receivers - I'm also one of the guys who's TE leads the team in receptions. It's not intentional as i try to get my outside wr's involved but i run alot of 2 and 3 TE sets and my TE's are where my biggest mismatch are.
    • Manual player movement - I tend not to move the guy i'm usering as i just do not want to deal with the complaint that comes from it. I've seen guys move a player manually to a spot to cover up what would be a hole in their defense and i have no problems with it as long as it doesn't mess with the AI in some fashion

• Like Like x 3
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Good stuff. I've read and understood all of this. Glad I haven't personally experienced any of these issues really. All my opponents thus far have been really good with scheduling and showed great sportsmanship after the game. The only thing I would like to say is that just because my WR's may not have tons of catches, doesn't mean I'm not TARGETING them the majority of the time. I started out this Madden sucking majorly at throwing the ball. Gladly, I'm slowly but surely turning this part of my game around. I've been praticing it a lot in my scrims, etc. and it's coming around. So hopefully my QB can turn his stats around asap, cuz man they are God awful to this point! Other than that I have had no complaints, nor do/did I have any against any of my opponents to this point.

Halfway through the season!! Time to buckle them chin straps and get ready for crunch time!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

This was really my biggest complaint with Madden this year. Still is to a point, but I've learned to adjust to the game. I just stay away from routes where I see this happening, or try to limit them as much as possible.

12. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

One thing I've noticed is guys rushing to the line out of the huddle. I usually just break the huddle then try to allow a second or two for the defense to adjust. If you need more time than that I think you might be adjusting too much.

Scheduling wise I'll check the thread to see if my opponent has been there before me, if not I'll post my availability than usually wait till later in the evening or next morning before I'll blow him up if he hasn't replied.

I try to spread the ball around to everyone, sometimes I get paranoid I'm throwing to certain guys too much that I even throw 3 or 4 to the defensive guys just to be fair. :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Read and Understood..

Quick Snapping: I don't like to quick snap. I like to see how the defense is going to set, no matter how many times my opponent make adjustment.

Primary Receivers: I'm a strong believer in mixing it up and try to distribute the ball to all my receivers, but between crazy man to man coverage and poor route running always equal to a INT

Scheduling In the Forums: I'm a busy individual and scheduling on the forum is a must for me(y)

Injuries: (y)

Manual Player Movement: I don't have the skill to this, but i haven't seen any of my opponents do this neither.

In game Complaints: I'm also not a big fan of receiving or giving complaints during a game, but if you have something to say, please use YIM. I will have my phone next to me :cautious:

Sportsmanship & Respect: I can't believe this subject is still a concern. Its speaks for itself :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  14. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Read and Understood.

As for Quick Snapping I probably give too much time and I always wait until the defense is set before snapping the ball.

Scheduling: I'm generally one of the first to schedule but there have been instances where the game was set up in yahoo so I'll do a better job of keeping the league informed on the forums.

I haven't experienced any issues in my games.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LtJustice

We are glad to have you Lawon! I know you've had a rough season so far, but keep fighting, it will get better. :)

Exactly, communication is definitely key. I hope everyone uses all available avenues that are most convenient to them. Everyone just needs to be sure that you are updating the scheduling thread. Thanks Kris! (y)

Thanks Doug! Your support is much appreciated!

Thanks Carl! There is certainly nothing wrong with using headsets, if both parties would like to. I don't envision making them a requirement though, as I personally am not much of a fan of live chatting during a league game and I am sure I am not the only one (although I will text or chat on YIM). Not to mention the fact that not everyone even has a headset for their PS3. If you guys have them and want to use them, that's great! But I don't see us making it a required practice.

I am right there with you DJ. I am not sure there is an obvious fix, without turning the game into a pass happy arcade fest. We just want to make sure the receiving stats don't get out of hand to backs and tight ends, and the man coverage used as an easy excuse. Thanks!

You Land of The Bottom Feeders has been some of the best new content we have seen Jon! This is exactly what i was referring to when I mention having some fun and trash talking. Your entire post is intended to be lighthearted fun, and you even post a disclaimer stating as such. I don't have a problem with anything you have done in these posts. Now if someone rights a game recap and goes on about how shitty his opponents team was, that's an entirely different story. Keep up the great work Jon!

I have only really noticed the "stuck in the mud" issue on pitches. As far as mixing up routes, everyone should be doing this. Nobody should be relying on the same routes over and over again, regardless of mixing up the formations. If you encounter this, we need to know about it. Thanks Eric!

Thanks Curtis! Yes moving a player manually (within the allowable movement rules), to cover up a hole in the defense, is no problem. But there should be variety to these types of movements as well. This falls under the mixing up play calling requirement.

Thanks Loren, this is understood and taken into consideration as well.

Thanks Chris! I have to say, I tend to rush to the line regularly myself. Now once I get there, i always give the defense ample time to make adjustments. I prefer to be at the line quicker, so i have that time to try to read the defense as well.

Thanks Avery! Yes it does seem to be the eternal struggle, lol.

Thanks Rob! I am probably in this same category! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Read and understood.....

I have had about 10 Kick returns called back due to clipping my opponent has also had a ton, lets see what happens.

Manual Player movement I never move any of my guys i never seen any of my opponents do it either.

as for the rest I agree with it all.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Read and Understood.

So far i haven't had any issues with other players quick snapping or manual movement. I think its a great idea that people should wait until the game is over to comment on gameplay. In the heat of the moment - especially games that mean something we tend to get upset when things aren't going our way.

Scheduling hasn't been an issue - so far so good.

• Like Like x 2
  18. heathh

heathh Walk On

Read and understood!

Thanks for the opportunity to play here!

SLIDERS

Primarily due to the glitch with clipping penalties following an interception, which incorrectly gave possession back to the team that threw the interception, we have decide to turn the clipping penalty OFF COMPLETELY (Set to 0).

THANK YOU! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS GIVEN THE OUTCOME OF MY LAST GAME! NOT ONLY WITH THE INTERCEPTION, BUT HAD 6 DIFFERENT RETURNS PENALTIES.

MID-SEASON CHECK-IN

With The Q reaching the halfway point of our first season, we wanted to take this opportunity to address some league wide concerns and hold a mandatory review and check-in for all owners.
    NOTE: Failure to reply to any mandatory league post could lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of ownership in The QSF.

TOPICS REQUIRING ATTENTION:

• QUICK SNAPPING (mentioned before, but worth noting again): There have been a lot of reports of "Quick Snapping" on offense throughout the first half of our season. Please everyone make sure that you are giving the defense adequate time to set and make adjustments. You SHOULD NOT be regularly snapping the ball the moment (or a heartbeat after) your offense has set. Now this doesn't mean the defense should expect all the time in the world to make adjustments. If on defense you keep getting caught in pre-play adjustments, perhaps you need to simplify your adjustments.

I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS ON SOME OCCASIONS, BUT NOT FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. I NEVER DID SAY ANYTHING TO THAT PERSON OR PERSONS.

I DONT FEEL LIKE I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY AT TIMES MAY TAKE TO MUCH TIME! FOR THAT IM SORRY. I WILL MAKE AT LEAST 2 ADJUSTMENTS TO EVERY PLAY. IF IM ON OFFENSE A LOT I HAVE A HARD TIME MIXING UP MY PLAYS LATE IN THE GAME SO THE PLAY CLOCK WILL START TO GET LOWER AND LOWER. I WILL TRY TO WORK ON THAT.

• PRIMARY RECEIVERS (mentioned before, but worth noting again): We have seen a significant amount of teams utilizing their tight ends and backs as their primary receiving targets in the passing game. While there is nothing wrong with utilizing these players/positions, all teams should be targeting their primary receiver(s) at least an equal (if not a majority) of the time. That's not to say that there won't be games here and there where you take what the defense gives you, but that should be the exception and not the norm.
    MEGATRON BY FAR IS MY GO TO GUY, I SPREAD THE BALL A GOOD BIT. BUT WHEN HES GETTING TRIPLE TEAMED ALL GAME IVE GOT TO GO TO MY TE'S. I DONT USE REGGIE BUSH MUCH IN THE PASSING GAME, OR NOT AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE I HAVE PLAYED USES THEIR HBs ON SCREENS. HOWEVER I WILL START TO LOOK INTO THIS. BECAUSE AGAINST ME IT SEEMS TO WORK. LOL
    • SCHEDULING IN THE FORUMS: I want to be perfectly clear here; scheduling AND COMMUNICATION is not just expected, it is REQUIRED! Going forward, we will require a scheduling thread for ALL GAMES with communication from BOTH OWNERS involved, to be posted within 24 hours of the opening of the week in the forums (the only exception would be if the game is actually played within that time period). Even if it is to update everyone that a game time has been set already, create the thread! A good habit we can all get into is being proactive with the scheduling forum and look ahead to the coming week. I know we all have busy lives, heck I am much busier than I used to be, but please be respectful when working with your opponent to schedule a game. Nothing is worse than when one person wants to nail down a time and the other is being flaky about it.
    NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH SCHEDULING. EVERYONE HAS BEEN PRETTY EASY
    • MANUAL PLAYER MOVEMENT (DEFENSE): Reminder; you are only able to manually move ONE defender pre-snap. If you do manually move a defender, you MUST maintain control of that defender until the ball is snapped. If you manually move a safety, you may only take one step forward or back. You may NOT manually move a safety to LB depth.
    I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE HERE, SEEN AN OWNER BRING HIS SAFETY DOWN TO LINE OR KICK HIM OUT BESIDE THE LBer. NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO THE OWNER. NEXT TIME I WILL PAUSE THE GAME AND MAKE SURE THEY KNOW I CAN SEE THEM DOING IT.

I TRY NOT TO MOVE ANYONE PRESNAP. IF I DO IT MAY BE THE MLB TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT A LITTLE.

• INJURIES: There have been numerous inquiries about the injuries in the league. The injury slider has never changed (52) and we do not anticipate it changing in the future. The fact that injuries have an impact on the league is intended and welcomed. We feel it adds to the realism of the league. Frankly if you compare our injury list to the real NFL's, we are not even close to what you see in real life.
    NO PROBLEM HERE, ITS A CONTACT SPORT GUYS GET HURT. MY TE IS OUT WITH A SPLITTING VAGINA FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS.
    • IN-GAME COMPLAINTS: I for one have never been a fan of giving or receiving complaints DURING a game. I would request that all owners in The Q think twice before complaining to their opponent DURING a game. If you see your opponent do something that you feel is out of line, please note it and bring it up after the game has completed. You may find that it wasn't as big a deal as initially thought, you may not. Either way, waiting until after the game to address the issue lends more legitimacy to the issue (rather than just appearing to be sour grapes). Now if there is a blatant infraction, and it can decidedly change the course of the game, that would warrant something being said (and league management should be notified as well).
    YES, I WOULD AGREE WITH THIS. IT TAKES PEOPLE OUT OF THE GAME WHEN SOMEONE KEEPS MESSAGING THEM ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS. I DO THIS FOR FUN AND DONT NEED SOMEONE BEING MY WIFE NAGGING ME ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS.
    (IF IT IS A SMALL THING, THAT IS STARTING TO BECOME A BIG THING. PAUSE THE GAME AND LETS TALK ABOUT IT!)

• SPORTSMANSHIP AND RESPECT: All owners in The Q are expected to show good sportsmanship and respect to fellow owners at all times. This includes during direct communications, in games, and in the forums. While talking smack and having fun is a big part of what we do, know where to draw the line. There is sometimes a fine line between playful smack talk and being downright disrespectful. Please realize that if you just handed an opponent a tough loss, he may not appreciate you calling his QB a sack of shit in your recap ;). I will caution as well, the quickest way to punch your ticket out of The Q is to disrespect a member of management who is addressing a concern with you. THAT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
    I FEEL LIKE I AM IN ONE OF THE BEST DIVISIONS BY FAR! WE ARE ALL RIVALS YET WE HAVE BEEN SO NICE, AND RESPECTFUL TO EACH OTHER. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LEAGUE!
    EVERYONE, HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING MEN AND RESPECTFUL GUYS! I HOPE TO GET TO KNOW ALL OF YOU AS WELL AS I HAVE SOME!

That is what I have at this time. Please take the time to review these concerns thoroughly and make adjustments as necessary.

EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

A simple "Read and Understood" reply is NOT ACCEPTABLE. I would like to see replies with thought, that show you truly read and understood these concerns. This can include steps you have taken (or intend to take) to comply with these concerns, comments about the concerns I have listed, etc. I just want to see participation from ALL OWNERS in The Q.

READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AGREED. **EARLIER I WAS ON TAPATALK ON MY PHONE, IT DID NOT SHOW THAT ANYTHING WAS HIGHLIGHTED OR SCRATCHED THROUGH. BUT I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAD READ IT RIGHT AWAY!

PLEASE TAKE BACK MY STRIKE **

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

• QUICK SNAPPING (mentioned before, but worth noting again): Im a big fan of never rushing my team to the line unless my time is running out, I usually like to also see how the defense is set up. If I see a saftey close to the line, or a cb sneaking up. If I audible out of the original play, I also give my opponent time to make his adjustment. If I see a cb hauling ass across the field to his lost man, :eek: I let him find him before I snap the ball...:D I havent seen it done too much to me, and when it happens its usually no big deal. So no complaints.
    • PRIMARY RECEIVERS (mentioned before, but worth noting again): Im in compliance on this, DJax is my most targeted WR. Maybe his speed has alot to do on separation vs man coverage becuz Ive seen him get open, not alot but enough. Ive also had one game were my TE's been the primary receiver and it was vs the Giants. Mostly because the Giants Dline would get in to rush me before my WR's could get wide open, and also becuz I ran alot of 2-3 TE sets vs James cuz he knows me too good, so I wanted to throw a curve ball. I have no issues with teams throwing to TE's all game if they want LOL. To me it makes it easier on a defensive stand to defend:D. Becuz thats the first target I will take away from you...:wacky:
    • SCHEDULING IN THE FORUMS: Ive been a culprit on this once this season, and it was vs the Giants....Sorry...But since James and I talk often thru YIM by the time I checked the scheduling forum, we had already played our game. But Ill make sure Im on target for the rest of the way. :eek:Hmmm on that note Ill check to see if my opponent posted something right after this:nailbiting:
    • MANUAL PLAYER MOVEMENT (DEFENSE): I might be a culprit on this also, maybe...:whistle:. I usually control my Safety or LB. When Im on Safety, I usually move him sideways (To were a FS stands or SS Stands but never close to the LB area. And I usually do this depending of were I think the ball is gonna be thrown to, or the HB is gonna run to. If a Safety moves up to that LB area, thats the cpu 100% of the time. I defenitly never blitz my Safety manually, I see the cpu does this way better than me. I also dont have a problem with owners doing this or having done this to me.
    • INJURIES: Shady McCoy is out for 6 weeks, due to his abs being sensitive LOL. But dont sleep on Bryce Brown, fucker can break 10 tackles in a row. Ask james....:p
    • IN-GAME COMPLAINTS: I dont do it, I used to, but it seemed as if my opponent didnt play or had fun the rest of the game after that, so I stopped. Unless I see something really fucked up, then u wont hear a bleep from me. I dont have a problem you pausing and telling me whats up, but lets pause the game and talk about it. I cant type on my phone and get plays off at the same time. If I fucked up some how, I usually tell you right away and say my badd and wont happen again. Ive seen my opponents say that to me too which I like, shows respect and we have more fun that way.
    • SPORTSMANSHIP AND RESPECT: :4stars:THIS :4stars:THIS.... I have the outmost respect for my opponents WIN or LOOSE. I will tell you Good Luck before the game, and Good Game and Good Luck the rest of the season after the game no matter what. I usually find my opponent say nothing if they loose, and say something if they win:(. Depending on the opponent. Me I talk to whoever wants to talk to me after the game regardless. Like with James cry_havoc , Moe CaptMoe , Jon Warhawk AKA dreadman , and others. We talk about how our fucked up receivers drop shit, or the fumbles in the game or how the hell something happened:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Glad to be in a division were we all have that respect and open communication with each other. In recaps, or game scheduling I only talk smack to an opponent I have that kind of relationship with or build that kind of relationship with. I never NEVER take shit to heart, but if you dish it out, you better be able to take it too... LIKE JON Warhawk AKA dreadman says "Boots to Asses" LMAO. And dont you dare stop the Bottom Feeder Thread. That shit is hilarious, and better beleive I would be talking smack back if I ever make it on it.:D
    That is all folks, and remember Im here always on YIM/TEXT or Forums for anything. Questions or concerns.
    ZO

EDIT: Ohhh shit I almost forgot. Read and understood. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Hell Yeah Zo!!!!! Thats what we do.... talk about shit after the game and go over what has been done. I know everyone does not have the time to or want to after a loss... but we have a cool division in that regard. As far as Bottom Feeder goes... that was my intent from the get go Zo! I want ppl to be able to talk a little playful trash.. get our laugh on and sort of use it as a motivational piece. I need & want ppl to respond to & tell us all what they are gonna do to fix the int. problems.. to fix the 3rd down conversion problems.. or how you getting off the list & what you gonna do to not get talked about.............Even ppl that have good records and i happen to mention u.... tell us how u gonna keep that team in the Bottom Feeder........ Shit.... Let's get some talking going on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  21. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

22. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Oh OH, wait till we see each other next then. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  23. LtJustice

Strike one fellas. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 3
  24. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

I've noticed on routes where WR's have double moves, they are very slow out of their break or "get stuck in mud." It happens every time I run specific plays/routes, which has lead to several ints and consequently for me to throw those plays out of the playbook altogether.

I have not had any issues with the number of penalties called during a game or any issues pertaining to that "glitch"

I always wait atleast 3-4 seconds before snapping the ball. With that said, there are times in a game where an offense will go on a quick count. I see nothing wrong if when the offense breaks the huddle and sees that they have and advantage on a particular play call with them snapping the ball sooner. As long as it is not on every play or abused throughout the game.

The only time I never create a thread for a game is if I have already communicated with an oppenent and scheduled a game time through YIM. Typically this falls within the 24 hour timeframe for the game to be played as well. Will post if it does fall out of that time frame.

I honestly believe everyone tries to get the ball to the WR's as much as possible; however, that is easier said than done sometimes based on coverage. My RB is never my primary receiver on any pass play (minus a screen of course), but Ray always seems to have 3+ catches a game due to check downs. From my experiences thus far, I have not had an oppenent that was looking to take advantage of passing to their RB.

Other points:
    • I have not experienced any issues with the amount of injuries in my games.
    • I never move a player presnap.
    • Haven't had any issues with players, so in-game or post-game complaints are not a factor for myself.
    Overall, I have not experienced any major issues with any of my games thus far. From my experiences, everyone is staying within the rules and showing great respect. Glad to be apart of the league through 9 weeks (well 8 for me) and look forward to many more to come.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Read and understood. These aren't new rules though. The vets should all know the code of conduct by now. I haven't had any complaints about my opponents game play so far this season. However, if anyone has any issues with my game play, please feel free to hit me up. I don't mind explaining what was going on from my perspective. Sportsmanship has never been an issue from my side. I can take a L (or 5 straight L's :() like the best of em.

• Like Like x 5