Manually controlled DE

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Sep 22, 2009.

?

Should you be bale to manually control DE's

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Manually controlled DE

vote in the poll please.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

This is for user v user games.

3. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Its too easy to speed rush past tackles and force the QB up into the other d-lineman. Couple this with man press coverage and you have recipe for trouble. This is even if you are not trying to roll out or scramble, just purely drop back.

The o-line AI is flawed and they can't adjust to it in time. This is a popular tactic in ranked games.

I'd like to labbed this if anyone else wants to see it in action.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

i've had this done to me too skip, it sucks. it's not what we're here for.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i would be down with labbing this skip. this is the only time ive ever had success with it in my OD. also i picked the wrong option in the poll.. i ment to vote yes instead of no.. i should have read the poll better.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I should have typed it better bale should be able.

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

so if this is banned will it be implemented immediately or next season?

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I said next season in the locked thread. Still undecided. I don't really care and I see both sides.

9. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Let me know when your free so we can lab it. I'm good anytime after 5:30 est my man

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i meant to select yes...i really dont care but my team isnt the greatest its the only way i get pass rush on qbs if we bann this we might as well bann using defensive backs ...when people switch to them to int a pass... if i guy primarly uses a d-end to rush there are ways to have a game plan to beat that

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Seems like a ton of flip-flopping going on here....hmmm

My opinion is...

Idc about manually controlling a DE...if someone is using it against me...slide protection or if I am running a pass, audible the HB to block to that side. The problem lies where guys use it constantly and bring the DE way out and in to get the sack. Sometimes I feel the pressure is just unrealistic in the game to begin with....doing this jsut makes it uncalled for. I did vote no because it would remove it all together...if we allow it in user games, there could still be that user to take it into the "gray" area and we may always have a problem. However, if dudes understand it and don't abuse it...fine. Either way...it doesn't matter.

I'll beat Florida no matter what :D

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Seems like a ton of flip-flopping going on here....hmmm

My opinion is...

Idc about manually controlling a DE...if someone is using it against me...slide protection or if I am running a pass, audible the HB to block to that side. The problem lies where guys use it constantly and bring the DE way out and in to get the sack. Sometimes I feel the pressure is just unrealistic in the game to begin with....doing this jsut makes it uncalled for. I did vote no because it would remove it all together...if we allow it in user games, there could still be that user to take it into the "gray" area and we may always have a problem. However, if dudes understand it and don't abuse it...fine. Either way...it doesn't matter.

I'll beat Florida no matter what :D

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ladies and Gentlemen we have found our Lane Kiffin!

14. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

haha yea we have...i enjoy using DE but i do not bring them out wide...id like to keep it but it could be difficult to uphold if its kept in play

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Only difference between Kiffin and I.....I'll win

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

With the vote suppose to be 5 to 5 (one person stated that he picked no and meant yes), We are on a use and don't abuse status with the human pass rush. Do not manually move them out of their spot pre snap. You can slant and spread, pinch, shift your lines with dline controls but no crazy stuff. If it is done and their is video evidence of cheesy dline play you're booted.

17. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i was late voting but that makes it 6-5 no

18. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

If we're still going to allow it, I have two of the best and fastest DE's in the country, so whats the official word lol.

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

who didn't vote? doglax?