Marc Trestman no longer Bears Head Coach

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Zikry, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois

In news that Bears fans have been waiting for, Trestman has been relieved of his duties as the Bears head coach effective immediately. "We'd like to thank Marc for the 3 years he's spent with the organization but we believed it would be best if we both parted ways. It was Marc's last season under contract with the team and after discussing the future of the team we decided to move in another direction." Many around Chicago believe that this move is just the beginning, as the new Bears owner looks to make some radical changes to the team in the next 2 seasons. As stated by a head reported at the Chicago Tribune:

"The team will have many key decisions to make in a year's time, including what to do with Jay Cutler. I believe there are 10 players that the Bears would like to resign after that year and my sources are telling me that Cutler is currently not one of those 10. With the team having two rookies at QB currently, it looks like the organization is trying to groom their successor in the upcoming season as they continue to try to keep their core group of young players together while letting go of the veterans."

Whether this is true or not, it is obvious that the Bears were not happy with the way this past season and as is usually the case, the first head to roll is usually that of the head coach. "Willy Wonka will be missed" said TE Martellus Bennett with a smile, "but it will be interesting to see who the team brings in next season. Everyone in the building believes this team is a playoff-caliber one and it's about time we start showing it on the field".
    • Like Like x 4