Marcman777 - Oklahoma Sooners

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Marcman777 - Oklahoma Sooners

Offense - Michigan
    Defense - 4-2-5

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Offense - Passing 189 yards (83 yard TD pass), Rushing 121 yards

He liked to run a lot (36 runs to 12 passes) and wasn't afraid to use the option with Landry Jones. Burned me for the long TD pass on a wheel route out of 4 wr set. Uses that formation a lot.

Defense - plays the 4-2-5 and it was my first user game vs that defense, so I was a little thrown off. He mostly controls a safety, usually the #1 strong safety, but would occasionally control a LB. Pinched the line a lot to try to stop the run. If I came out in a 5wr set he would use the RE and rush the QB.

Good player, he won our game by forcing 5 turnovers.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Alot of the same from our previous meeting. He ran the ball a ton and only threw when he had to or when he thought I was keying on the run too much. If you control a MLB or Safety, he will throw it to the man you are covering. So make sure you are confident in your abilities playing the pass or he will take advantage if you are a couple steps behind.

On defense, he played some 5-2 to stop the run, but mostly stayed in the 4-2-5. I knew he would key on my run game, and I was able to burn him on a couple playaction passes. He likes to bring pressure with the SS.

Seems like our games will be close in the future. Could be the start of a good rivalry, but I think I have to win first for it to be called a rivalry.

4. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Another great game that wasn't decided by turnovers this time. Was able to stop his run game by using a lot of 5-2 D and Nickel with LBers staying in the box. Although he exposed my pass D by doing this, he was kinda out of his element.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very much like Hippo says, runs the ball alot and mixes up his plays very well. Doesnt make many mistakes at all and waits until you make one and then capitalizes.

Plays to stop the run with alot of 5-2 and 4-2-5 looks and pressures the LOS. If you have a speed receiver you may get behind his CBs or he might get the pick. Have to choose your time to try it. Great user and looking forward to playing you again.

6. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

No 4-2-5 as i use multiple D. What you saw was a combo of 4-3 and 3-4.