Maryland Budding Star goes down

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by LSUTRUTH, Aug 4, 2012.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Shocking news out of Maryland today as the seriousness of Freshman Wr Stefon Diggs injury was revealed. Diggs broke his wrist late in the second quarter of the game vs Duke university. It has been said that Diggs will miss 3-4 weeks with this injury. This injury removes Diggs from 2 of Maryland's biggest games this season @ FSU and vs UNC who looked strong vs NCSU last week.

We can only hope for a speedy recovery for the young WR and hopefully Maryland doesnt miss a beat without him.

FUCH LOL lost my best player vs some scrubby Duke team. The thing that sucks is he got hit out of bounds and no late hit was called on the play. Damn Duke Gate out here as they conspired to hurt him after he was killing them with 6 catches early taking a screen 77 yards to the house and a busted coverage lead to another wide open TD for Diggs.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

3-4 weeks for a broken wrist sounds pretty damned fast to me...

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Duke is scrappy as hell. They're some bastards

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Does the game have late hits?

5. LSUTRUTH

It was like one of those hits right as your going out of bounds. It was shitty

6. jello1717

No.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Is he 74 OVR? I put the RS on him

8. LSUTRUTH

Yea he is a 74. He is the best WR in the team. Deep threat. He is a 79 on the OS roster

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Can't wait to use him next year

10. LSUTRUTH

He is sweet. He was my leading receiver. Had almost 1000 yards after this week plus 40 catches through 9 games.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He's no Cody Hoffman or Ross Apo. Two impact receivers on a pass happy team? Hells yeah!

12. jello1717

He's #4 of the depth chart so in this league you wouldn't be able to RS him since he's in the 2 deep.

13. LSUTRUTH

I run a pro style. Which means he wouldn't be an immediate player however I needed someone to stretch the field. I almost redshirted him but he could return kicks and such

14. LSUTRUTH

He would help your group. He can do everything. Only thug is he gets a case of the drops even once in a while and drops tough catches

15. jello1717

As I said, he's in your 2 deep so you wouldn't have been allowed to RS him anyway. Pro styles start 2 WRs. 2*2 = 4 so your 4 best WRs can't be RSed.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Maybe... How tall is he? Cody and Ross are bother 6'4" and they make the perfect outside receivers

17. LSUTRUTH

6'0 195. But he has 92 speed with like 93 accel with good jump and decent spec catch.

18. LSUTRUTH

Realistically though if I had 71 behind him to be my number 4 it wouldn't be unreal to redshirt him. Odds of your number 4 playing a lot aren't good and most schools don't waste a year if he could contribute for 4 seasons. I wasn't concerned with that though. As I needed a KR and a guy who could stop people from stacking the box

19. jello1717

It's a rule in this league to help keep user rosters in check so we don't get too powerful compared to the CPU teams. It doesn't matter if it's realistic or not.

You should read the rules in the sticky.

20. LSUTRUTH

I read the rules. Thanks commish jello oh wait your a member just like me. Thanks

21. jello1717

Who said I was commish? I didn't write the rule. I'm just explaining to you the rule since you clearly don't understand. It's not just the commish's job to make sure everyone follows the rules.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  22. LSUTRUTH

Did I redshirt him? No.

Actually it kinda is one of his main tasks as the commissioner. Im good. Dude I read the rules. (y)

Maybe you should read the rules. You constantly harassing small issues is kind of an annoyance

Enjoyability: My primary concern is to establish a stable group of 12 guys that look forward to competing with each other now and for future releases. To accomplish this, its important that everyone looks forward to participating here and maintains that interest. I expect everyone to hold me to the same standard that I hold you, so let me know what I can do to make this league better as we progress and I will do my best to see it happen. To the older members I want to make it as though nothing has changed and for the newcomers I want this to immediately feel like home.

23. jello1717

• No you didn't RS him, but you said that you thought about it. I'm simply telling you that you couldn't.
    • When I first mentioned it you didn't specify that you read the rules so I suggested that you did. Since you said you did then I know it wasn't ignorance that made you think you could RS him but just not understanding what you read. I was explaining what you read.
    • I didn't say it wasn't the commish's job to make us follow the rules. It appears as if reading comprehension on your part could be the issue. I said that it's not JUST the commish's job to police the rules. It's all of our jobs too. The commish can't be expected to spend enough time to police everything.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Holy shit! He'd be the perfect slot. Mind sending him to Provo?

25. LSUTRUTH

Right my reading comprehension is just fine. Text is very hard to tell how serious you are I can tell you that I dont know you but you come off as an Asshole. Smart remarks constantly and consistent badgering it is all very tiring. While some do it in good fun ( maybe adds a wink face or something) yours come off as you are just a dick. No offense telling you my personal feelings.

Reading the rules is one of the first things Masler asked me to do before I joined the LG its common sense. As I stated above it could be assumed that I read the rules. And Almost is not actually doing this and was part of the reason that I did not.

As far as the commish issues. Im sorry but that is one of his main responsibilities. There was a reason that the people on the site had him run the LG not one of us. I dont disagree that members can comment on rules and help explain a rule but there was never a rule remark.

Like I said I dont know you, dont know your personality, and that could be apart of this issue. If your not serious about some stuff then maybe you should lighten it up :D

Edit: This is not an attack at you. You just go to hard in the paint sometimes and come off very Brash.