Maryland on the Quest for Greatness

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by maniac13, Jan 4, 2012.

1. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Maryland made shockwaves when it announced former cop Vic Mackey as its new head coach. Mackey looks to bring discipline to Maryland to help achieve glory. "Being a former cop, I know a thing or two about discipline. After a few years I'll have the players this program needs to get where I want them to go." Mackey said. Mackey was brought in after Maryland started the year off 0-2, even losing to FCS SouthEast. When asked about how the year started, Mackey just grunted.

Mackey got off on the right foot in his first game against Temple winning by a few scores. He still wasn't a happy camper with how the game turned out. In an expletive laden rant he complained about how his defense let a 21-0 lead go to waste. An interesting personality for a coaching hire, at least Maryland can count on intriguing post game antics.

Mackey has stated he wants to get to a bowl game this year, and then next year begin competing year in and year out for the ACC title. But he hasn't ruled out competing for it this year saying "Hell, if I can get these guys minds right then the sky is the limit." Maybe the Terrapins can raise a few eyebrows under this charismatic coach.

Attached Files:

2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

lol your coach just randomly gets pics of himself with a gun?

3. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

I take it you have never seen the Shield?