Masler's Bowl Picks

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Bowl Matchup Winner Reason
    New Mexico Bowl BYU vs UTEP BYU UTEP has never impressed me.
    Humanitarian Bowl N. Illinois vs Fresno St Fresno St Fresno is fresh off a win over Illinois, they have some momentum.
    New Orleans Bowl Ohio vs Troy Ohio They were strong in the MAC this year and have a better record. Defense wins this one.
    St. Petersburg Bowl So Miss vs Louisville So Miss Face it, Big East sucks, even with TCU joining.
    MAACO Bowl Utah vs Boise St Boise St Broncos are way too fast for Utah to handle.
    Poinsettia Bowl Navy vs SDSU Navy SDSU sucks, Navy had some big wins this year
    Hawaii Bowl Hawaii vs Tulsa Hawaii They have the homefield advantage
    Little Caesars Bowl FIU vs Toledo Toledo Had a strong season, no way they will accept defeat.
    Independence Bowl Air Force vs Ga Tech Air Force They impressed me the whole season while Ga Tech went from playing in the ACC Champ game to the bottom feeders.
    Champs Sports Bowl West Va vs NC State West Va Noel Devine, Noel Devine, Noel Devine...but I wouldn't be shocked to see NC State pull it off.
    Insight Bowl Mizzou vs Iowa Mizzou Mizzou beat Oklahoma when they were #1. Iowa couldn't beat Wisconsin or Ohio State. Plus I hate Iowa.
    Military Bowl E. Carolina vs Terps Terps Terps deserve a bowl victory.
    Texas Bowl Illinois vs Baylor Baylor Fighting Illini fail to play defense. RGIII.
    Alamo Bowl Okalahoma St vs Arizona Ok St I think this will be a battle of two offenses but Blackmon and the Cowboys will outdo the Zona defense.
    Armed Forces Bowl Army vs SMU Army Show some love for the Black Knights!
    New Era Pinstripe Bowl Kansas St vs Syracuse Syracuse I don't care about this one, I like the color orange.
    Music City Bowl UNC vs Tenn UNC Tennessee just hasn't played good ball this year and UNC has the defense to prove it.
    Holiday Bowl Nebraska vs Washington Nebraska Fresh off a loss to OU the Huskers are looking to smash a disappointing Huskie team.
    Meineke Car Care Bowl USF vs Clemson Clemson This is a pretty good matchup in my eyes but Kyle Parker and his speedy receivers dominate the Bulls.
    Hyundai Sun Bowl Miami vs Notre Dame Miami Both teams have had less than stellar seasons but managed to make a bowl. Miami's defense comes up too strong for Notre Dames injury riddled offense.
    Autozone Liberty Bowl Georgia vs UCF Georgia I'd be surprised to see UCF win.
    Chick-fil-A Bowl S. Carolina vs Florida St. FSU Two teams seething in rage after being soundly beat in CCG. Florida State proves too powerful for the GameCOCKS
    TickeyCity Bowl Northwestern vs Texas Tech Texas Tech The Wildcats lost Persa, their main offensive leader, Red Raiders take advantage.
    Outback Bowl Florida vs Penn St Florida Another bowl that I will definetely be watching. I think Penn States young QBs cannot get past the Gators defense. But Florida will struggle on offense themselves. Going to be close.
    Capitol One Bowl Michigan State vs Alabama Michigan State Cmon, you think I would root against my own team? No for real, Michigan State will be well rested and are coming off one of the best seasons in school history. Bama has looked shaky this year and have disappointed many.
    Gator Bowl Miss St vs Michigan Miss St The SEC speed is too much for the worst defense in the nation to handle.
    GoDaddy.com Bowl Mid Tenn St vs Miami (OH) Miami (OH) Just going off overall record here.
    AT&T Cotton Bowl LSU vs Texas A&M LSU They have had a great season and a full head of steam. The Aggies have had an OK season but the Big 12 wasn't very tough this year.
    BBVA Compass Bowl Pitt vs Kentucky Pitt Kentucky didn't do much as always, another loss for them.
    Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl Nevada vs Boston College Nevada They beat Boise, they will beat BC

BCS Bowls

Bowl Matchup Winner Reason
    Rose Bowl TCU vs Wisconsin Wisconsin Their runningbacks are too much for TCU. No way they can contain the three headed monster that has put up 70 points THREE times this season.
    Fiesta Bowl UConn vs Oklahoma Oklahoma You have to be kidding me...
    Orange Bowl Stanford vs Va Tech Va Tech They started off 0-2 and ran the table after that and are ACC Champs. Expect them to continue their winning ways.
    Sugar Bowl Arkansas vs Ohio State Arkansas The Bucknuts continue to lose to SEC teams in this matchup. Mallet is a former Wolvie so he has some strong feelings for this game and will give it his all.
    BCS National Championship Oregon vs Auburn Oregon This is the Ducks first ever National Championship game and they are fast. I don't think Auburns defense can hold LaMichael James back from scoring less than 3 TDs and if he can't do it Barner can. Plus the Ducks QB is just as mobile as Cam Newton. Auburn makes it a game but ultimately fails to stop the Quack Attack.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

How do you do the headers?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    [ table = head ]

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    BTW, I don't think Mallet and company will beat the Buckeyes.:)

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

nm.. im an idiot

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

It will be a good game though. Arkansas was able to hang with Alabama.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I agree. But I think the SweaterVest will be able to win here.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

HA! Is that thing magical or something?

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Uhhh, yea. Where did your coach come from, BTW?

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Nobody can stop Cam Newton. Auburn will win big

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

So far I am 1-3

Correct Picks:

BYU over UTEP

Incorrect Picks:

Southern Miss over Louisville
    Fresno St over Northern Illinois
    Ohio over Troy

And from what it looks like, Boise could be going down...

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Oregon's defense has played in the shadow of their crazy good offense, but their D is quite good also. Cam is a beast, but Oregon's offense is better than Auburn's and I think Oregon will definitely win this one.

13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Nice pick with the Noles over the Gamecocks :thumbsup: