Masler's Offline CC

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Masler, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Starting School: Idaho Vandals
    Position: OC

Season 1: 9-4 Record, Humanitarian Bowl Champs

Signed 4 Year Extension As Offensive Coordinator.

Currently in Offseason..

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Season 2:

Prestige as Offensive Coordinator: C (compared to D+ at beginning of Season 1)

Week 1 - vs #3 Boise State, Rivalry - W 24-14
    Week 2 - BYE
    Week 3 - @ #10 Michigan - W 38-35
    Week 4 - vs Washington State, Rivalry - W 37-21
    Week 5 - BYE
    Week 6 - @ #12 Stanford - W 28-21
    Week 7 - vs #7 Wisconsin - L 17-31
    Week 8 - BYE
    Week 9 - @ Hawai'i - W 35-10
    Week 10 - vs Nevada - W 28-24
    Week 11 - @ Fresno State - W 14-7
    Week 12 - vs New Mexico State - W 31-6
    Week 13 - @ Utah State - W 28-14
    Week 14 - vs San Jose State - W 31-14
    Week 15 - @ Louisiana Tech - W 42-30

Bowl Season - vs Boise State - W 25-7

Goals: Repeat as WAC Champs, Earn Bowl, Defeat Boise, Have Offensive Player win Award (These are not my contract goals)

Philosophy: HB Bass returns after a great 1st season, he is a Senior this year so this is it for him, he is our leader. We have a new guy at QB and he is being thrown to the wolves pretty much the first 7 weeks, he has potential. I want to hit each and every team hard and fast, leaving them in shock...We have a solid defense this year but that's not my job, I'm only the Offensive Coordinator.

Will post scores as they occur.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

#3 Boise State - 14

Idaho - 24

Massive Upset!

The Vandals welcomed the reigning National Champs to the Kibbi Dome to open the 2012 College Football Season and showed them who's boss. The defense played their part in only allowing them in the endzone twice while newcomer QB Williams showed he has what it takes. Star HB Bass was unable to get much going today though so we relied on the passing game and it came through.

Williams - 17/30, 226 yards, 3 TD
    Veltung - 8 Rec, 106 yards, 2 TD

Prestige before game: C
    Prestige after game: C

4. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

You trying to end up at MSU or just where ever it takes you?

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

do you play Masler or just call the plays?

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Going with the flow, I got no other offers that interested me after the first year so I stayed at Idaho.

I play, makes it more fun IMO

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Right on, I go the other way and just coach but gotta do what you gotta do.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

#25 Idaho - 38

#8 Michigan - 35

Big House Stunned!

We had to pull out all the stops in this game. We were doing options, shotgun handoffs, and even the FB saw a couple of carries in this game. It all came down to one minute left in the game, we were down 31-35 and had a guy wide open. FR McKnight was in at QB after Williams left the game with injury. The youngster had been missing passing all day long but connected on a receiver who had the defenders beat by a good five yards, a very small portion of the stadium erupted as he crossed the goal line. The defense would hold and Idaho would knock off its second Top Ten team. This could be a great season, up next is rival Washington St.

D. Williams - 11/14, 241 yards, 2 TD
    T. McKnight - 3/3, 83 yards, TD
    R. Bass - 12 Att, 40 yards, TD
    J. Veltung - 4 Rec, 129 yards, TD
    J. Hernandez - 1 Rec, 80 yards, TD

Prestige Before: C
    Prestige After: C+

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

#23 Idaho - 37

Washington State - 21

Vandals win Battle for the PaLouse

The offense clicked very well today, everyone seemingly got to touch the ball. This is the type of offensive rhythm I like to see. Two plays I would like to mention. Early in the 1st quarter we called a WR Handoff in which the blocking was PERFECT as the WR ran for the TD. Another was the breakout receiver Velstrung once again burnt the defense for a long TD catch. We need to maintain this momentum, schedule isn't getting any easier as we head to Stanford after a BYE.

D. Williams - 6/15, 108 yards, 2 TD, 8 Att, 57 yards, TD
    R. Bass - 16 Att, 59 yards
    M. Fletcher - 1 Att, 71 yards, TD
    J. Veltung - 3 Rec, 80 yards, TD

Prestige Before: C+
    Prestige After: C+

Ok, I'm done for the night...

10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this to see where you go.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ha! I must have been thinking of the Boise game whe came in for a couple of series, my fault. These games go by so fast when you only play one side

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not to thread hijack Masler, but on a related topic I got a new DC job out of FIU after year one I decided to take @ Baylor.. just hoping I can recruit some higher caliber talent then with the Golden Panthers haha.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

Having watched more real life Idaho Vandal football than probably anybody on this site I can say with 100% certainty that these two scores would never happen :) What kind of settings/sliders are you playing on Masler!?! lol

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Not so fast buddy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Masler

Masler Moderator

All American, default sliders for me, enhanced sliders for CPU

17. Big D

Big D Walk On

CHALLENGE! lol

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

#20 Idaho - 28

#10 Stanford - 21

Despite Injuries, Vandals Prevail

Both Williams (QB) and Bass (HB) left the game with injuries that would render them ineligible to continue playing. Bass will need another 4 weeks of recovery before doctors will allow him back. Luckily backup HB Nugent would have an amazing day as he would rush for 115 yards and 2 TD's. His speed was the difference as the defense had no idea what was going on until he picked up the first down. McKnight would also look well for a freshman on the road as he tossed a TD, threw a long completion in a crucial moment and ran for the final TD when no receivers were open.

In what could be a storybook season, Idaho is now 4-0.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

#17 Idaho - 17

#2 Wisconsin - 31

Vandals fight, but not hard enough

A pair of 4th quarter turnovers, one which led to a touchdown, is what held us from defeating Wisconsin today. Several times today receivers were open downfield but the defense was right there to either sack us or knock the ball down. The running game gained yards today but nothing of note.

Idaho suffers their first loss at home, they are now 4-1 with a BYE next week before starting conference play vs Hawai'i.

Prestige Before: B
    Prestige After: B

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

#19 Idaho - 35

Hawaii - 10

What a breeze

Our offense demolished the C- rated defense of the Warriors. We had runners evading tacklers all day long. Not much more to report on this game.

Idaho is now 5-1 with a home game vs Nevada up next.

Prestige After: B

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

#16 Idaho - 28

Nevada - 24

Vandals pull off miracle, Avoid Upset

Nevada held a 24-14 lead to start the 4th quarter but the defense would stiffen and the offense finally started to click a bit more. The game all came down to Idaho having the ball with 24 seconds left in the game, down by 3. Williams launched two incompleted homerun balls that left us with 7 seconds left on the clock. One last chance as he tossed up another to WR Hernadez who clearly had the defender beat. He leapt for the ball and made a clean catch while scampering out of the tackle attempt by the CB and never looked back as he coasted into the endzone to win the game for the Vandals. This game earned Coach Masler a #1 ESPN Instant Classic.

The fans roared in approval for their team, now at 6-1. They are now bowl eligible for the second year in a row.

Presitge After: B
    Job Security: 62%
    Goal Passed: 7 Rushing TD's in one season

A number of recruits also signed their letter of intent following this game which included 3 3 Stars.

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

#15 Idaho - 14

Fresno State - 7

Boriiiiing

Our offense got hardly anything done today, scoring once in the first half and once in the second. The defense deserves the props today as they held the Bulldogs to just one touchdown.

Idaho is now 7-1 with D overall New Mexico State next.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

#14 Idaho - 31

New Mexico St - 6

Vandals maul Aggies

The offense was nearly perfect today mainly thanks to the running game. It looks like my OC Philosophy of Run First, Pass Later is working to perfection. Plus our DC deserves some props as he is at the helm of the #1 rated Rush Defense. Bass had a huge game with over 150 yards and a score. Williams looked a bit like Denard Robinson today as he streaked all over the Aggie defense, getting 75 yards and scampering for at TD.

Idaho continues their dominance of the WAC and are now 8-1

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

#6 Idaho - 25

#4 Boise St - 7

Vandals capture first BCS Bowl

The defense was phenominal today as they would only give up one touchdown and held a very good Boise team at bay. Give some credit to the offense as well, we didn't find a rhythm until just before the second half when Williams found Veltung wide open for a TD, giving us the 9-0 lead at halftime. Our first offensive possesssion of the second half saw Williams run an option keeper 53 yards to the house. The game would be capitalized when Veltung would snag another long TD, 25-7.

Idaho caps off this very successful season at 12-1, WAC Champs, Beat Boise TWICE, and Fiesta Bowl Champs

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Season 2 Wrap-Up

The now #3 Idaho Vandals finish the 2012 Season in a huge success in what is being hailed as their best season in school history. Offensive Coordinator MaslerBoros16 has helped lead this team to a 12-1 record and repeat WAC Champs. Before his arrival Idaho had only two bowl appearances in their 117 year history and had not won the WAC at all (8 Big Sky, 1 Big West). His tactics of hitting hard and fast turned out to be very effective. Newcomer starting QB Williams took the reins and shut the mouths of every critic out there. His success in the passing game has made him a prime NFL prospect when the time comes. He does not deserve all the credit as the receivers did their job making the catches and finding their way into the endzone, particularly WR Veltung who had a standout Senior season with over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's. Now we move to the running game, Bass did his part even though he was injured for about 3 weeks and that stunted his stats. Backup HB Nugent showed he has some skills in the speed department but an injury also knock him out of commission for around 4 weeks. Even the third string had some moments of brilliance. And last but not least Williams once again is named as he ran in a handful of TD, showing his skill as a dual-threat.

Coach Masler met three out of the four goals he set himself (Win WAC, Earn Bowl, Defeat Boise) and then some. He did not win an award though (Head Coach won Coach of the Year though).

When questioned about if he would return next season, he said:

"I plan on it, right now no offers are being extended to me and I am just getting comfortable here. My family loves the scenic area and the hometown atmosphere as well. We will probably be here for quite a while."

Thought on next season:

"We will pick up where we left off, hitting every defense hard and fast. WR Veltung was a Senior this season so we will miss this familiar target as well as Hernandez but we have a couple of youngsters coming in that I recruited personally who have shown some great potential. Losing Williams also hurt us but Freshmen McKnight played a few downs this season and I am comfortable with him. We want to see if we can push the boundaries and win the WAC again as well as returning to the bowl scene."

National Championship:

"I won't lie, it has crossed our minds but I think we are still a couple of years from competing on that level. We just reached 3 star status as a program, I'm happy with that."

Out of conference games:

"I will do what we did this season, challenge the best. You only get progress if you play the greats, I will extend an invitation out to the current National Champ. We like to challenge ourselves to see if we can beat the best."

Difficulty:

"We will be going from All-American to Heisman. If we can be successful in that area, there will be no criticism."

Offensive Team Leaders from the 2012 Season

Derrick Williams - QB - 172.4 QB Rating, 142/225, 2,695 yards, 24 TD, 4 INT, 97 Att, 180 yards, 4 TD

Ryan Bass - HB - 159 Att, 652 yards, 7 TD
    Gabe Nugent - HB - 75 Att, 361 yards, 3 TD
    Gordon Johnson - HB - 42 Att, 165 yards, 4 TD

Justin Veltung - WR - 47 Rec, 1,170 yards, 12 TD, 8 Drops
    Justin Hernandez - WR - 33 Rec, 830 yards, 9 TD

• Like Like x 1