Masler's Offline Franchise

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Masler, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I thought I could do something on the side for when my leagues are in some downtime. I want to take a struggling team and rebuild them so I selected 10 Teams I wouldn't mind being.

1. Buffalo Bills
    2. Miami Dolphins
    3. Cincinatti Bengals
    4. Cleveland Browns
    5. Jacksonville Jaguars
    6. Kansas City Chiefs
    7. Washington Redskins
    8. St Louis Rams
    9. Seattle Seahawks
    10. Tennessee Titans

I am using a random list generator to limit to Top 5, then Top 3 and ultimately my final team.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Top 5:

1. Tennessee Titans
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars
    3. Cincinatti Bengals
    4. Washington Redskins
    5. Seattle Seahawks

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Top 3:

1. Cincinatti Bengals
    2. Tennessee Titans
    3. Washington Redskins

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Washington Redskins officially announce the firing of Mike Shanahan and the hiring of Coach MaslerBoros16!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

2011 Washington Redskins Outlook

[​IMG]

Offense: Boy we have alot of work to do on offense with lowly Rex Grossman as starting QB. I am already trying to negotiate a preseason trade for a better QB. Luckily we have some WR's that I can deal with, Santana Moss being the leader of them. There's Rookie HB Helu starting and his rating still has the ? next to it in the early preseason. The weakest spot on the O Line is our Center at a 72 overall...which I fear with the QB being right behind him...I think we can move the ball but this will be no big play team.

Defense: I took one look at the D Line and already know I am going to be digging through Free Agents. Thankfully we have a strong LB Corps behind the awful D Line with Fletcher at 94 overall and Orakpo at 91 overall. Even Rookie LOLB Kerrigan is projected to be 85 overall. We even have a very strong secondary so I see no excuses that we can't be a force their. It definetely looks like defense will win championships on this team, although I don't expect to win one anytime soon.

Prediction: If we play our cards right I think we will make a Wildcard Appearance but not much further than that. But we need to put all the right pieces together on offense and that weak D Line.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Breaking News: The Washington Redskins trade away Rex Grossman and a 2nd Round Draft Pick to the New England Patroits for QB Ryan Mallet (88 overall).

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

PreSeason

Week 1 vs Steelers: Not a good game. Mallet showed a bit of inconsistency and the defense was often caught napping. Our run game was also extremely weak with very little yardage although Evan Royster did show bursts of speed.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 2 vs Colts - Not a good day at all for the Skins with Roy Helu scoring our only TD on a lucky Draw.

9. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    are you running on all madden?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yes sir

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Redskins finish the preseason with no wins and look to start off good where it really counts. Mallet is proving to be quite the dud and I am still searching for a QB to lead this team.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Breaking News: The Washington Redskins sign David Garrad to a one year deal. "He will be a great addition for us as we try to rebuild. Hopefully he can mentor Mallet a bit so the kid can work on his accuracy at bit.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Washington - 28

Giants - 33

Eli Manning was flawless today, throwing 4 TD's and 315 yards. Garrard wasn't horrible but he wasn't able to keep up with Manning. But even then Washington looked like they were about to pull it off but Eli did what Eli does best, game winning drives. And with no time on the clock, Manning would throw it into the endzone, the pass would be tipped but straight into the hands of Victor Cruz to win the game. A disappointing loss for Washington.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Redskins - 17

Cardinal - 20

Arizona did just enough to edge the Skins today. Garrard had a decent day but the Cards got the ball with too much time left and they took full advantage of the clock, kicking a game winner. The Redskins travel to face the Cowgirls Week 3.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Redskins - 21

Cowboys - 38

It started out great for us as London Fletcher pick sixed Romo on the Cowboys' first drive. We would go up 21-13 with no time on the clock to enter halftime and then they just destroyed us horribly. Garrard gave up the ball three times in the second half and got sacked a horrific 7 times in the half alone. We had chances to tie the game and to retake the lead but Garrard stood in our way.

Up next are the Rams.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Breaking News out of D.C.: The Redskins and Packers have reached a deal in which the Skins will trade RE Antwan Odom for QB Matt Flynn. Coach Masler had this to say: "Flynns potential is unlimited. I know this is our third QB change before Week 4 but Flynn has a much better arm and even better decision making than Garrard. We are going also announce Garrard will be place on the trade block."

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Redskins - 35

Rams - 25

Finally a win! Flynn had a great first outing as our starter, leading the team to a great victory. His 347 yards passing and 3 TD's are what did the job and it would appear he has a new favorite target in Terrell Owens (6 Rec, 186 yards, TD). Rookie HB Roy Helu also had a good day for once with 11 carries, 87 yards and 2 TDs. The Rams played well in their own right, but unfortunately for them it just wasn't enough to overcome the new sheriff in D.C.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Redskins - 27

Eagles - 24

Washington and Matt Flynn outduel the dual threat of Michael Vick who threw 2 touchdowns and scurried for another 79 yards giving us fits all day long. It all came down to the final drive in which Flynn hit three perfect passes and allowed us to kick the game winner with 5 seconds left on the clock. Up next are the Panthers.

19. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Loved the Matt Flynn trade, I moved around my rosters to be current with the F/A's of this year and I was considering doing a Seattle Seahawks Franchise with him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nice to see someone take an interest in my offliner. I have been slacking lately but I have been trying to get better at Madden so I was going to continue soon.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

Redskins - 10

Panthers - 14

This game was very frustrating with our passing game shut down and Roy Helu being the only one to score a TD. The defense had Carolina were they wanted them but a blown coverage allowed sCam Newton to find Smith wide open and score the game winning TD with no time on the clock. Redskins drop to a meager 2-4, still a lot of season left though.

22. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Panthers have always been a kryptonite to my offline franchises! I think I'm gonna start up a Seattle Seahawks offline Franchise tomorrow after my classes