Mass Hysteria in the Crop---Give your Predictions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Mar 8, 2012.

?

Is this the biggest User week ever in the Crop?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
  1. Fuck'n A....Who schedules these epic match-ups late in the college football season!!??

75.0%
  2. Great, but not the best ever

25.0%
  1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

As many others pointed out, Thursday is going to be a HUGE day in the Crop​
    BY: BROG​

Watch for these monster battles:

[​IMG][​IMG]

#2 Florida (Bits) @ #1 Ohio State (RTP):

This game jumps right past conference title implications and goes right to national title implications. These two powers face off to determine which team has the inside track to the title game. Defending champs Florida field another amazing team while surging Ohio State fields their best team under the new coaching staff. Florida sports one of the fastest teams you'll ever see and has but one weakness - young linebackers. Ohio State has a great defense with only one weakness - an inexperienced free safety. Look for Florida's speed at WR to challenge that lone weakness. Going the other way, Florida has an incredible defensive line (95+ avg rating) that could prove problematic for Ohio State's inexperienced offensive line (85 avg rating). Ohio State is led by one of the premier signal callers in the game, but they'll have their hands full against a too-good-to-be-true Florida team. With both teams fielding great defenses, this game will be won or lost on turnovers. Should be a classic.

[​IMG][​IMG]

#4 Wyoming (David) @ #3 Cincinnati (Tuco):

One half of the Big 12 will be decided when these two programs battle it out. The winner gets OU in the B12 title game where another win would yield a title game invite. Wyoming has a sizable advantage on offensive skilled positions, but Cincy has a 90-81 (avg rating) advantage on the O-line. On defense it's not even close with Cincy well-ahead at every positions except for FS (and David McNeal - as I recall - is a good one). After a disapointing season last year, Wyoming is looking to make the jump to the "next level". They'll need to out-play a better team on the road to make that happen.

[​IMG][​IMG]

#12 Michigan (Payton) @ #5 Michigan State (Brog):

Again, one half of the B10 will be decided when Sparty hosts rival Michigan. These teams have split their games the past 4 seasons with the home team winning every one. Michigan is recovering from major losses last season and still trying to reclaim the state of Michigan. MSU is still in the title hunt after an early loss to Stanford, but needs to keep Big Brother down to keep their hopes alive. MSU out-ranks Michigan at every position except for TE and should come away with the win.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

UF by 3

Wyoming by 10

Do not need to predict because I know who is going to win...

3. Iron Mickey

We are going to be partying all over the place in Cincy once we kick the teeth in of the Bearcats

[​IMG]

~Break out the champagne glasses and them motherfuckin condoms

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Florida by 3
    Wyoming by 3
    Michigan by 3

• Like Like x 1
  5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Fantastic week in the Crop ... I'm excited to see all three games broadcasted.

My predictions:

Florida

Ashley's Buckeyes are inchin' closer to becoming elite, but they're not quite there yet.

Cincinnati

Perhaps the hardest game to predict, but I'm going with the Bearcats. Coach Tuco's QB/HB combination will be the difference. Cincy's vunerable vs. the run, but the Cowboys won't expose it.

Michigan State

It's payback time, baby. The Wolverines will play the Spartans tough (as usual), but they just don't have the horses this season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

tOSU by 3 Coach RTP gets payback for the NC game last season
    Wyoming by 7 Coach David has been on a tear
    UM by 14 just cause i dont like hippies;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I don't have the full history in the Crop, so I'm sure there have been bigger weeks. But this seems like a pretty big one to me. All three games have national title implications. Admittedly, MSU-Michigan is the least significant of the three, but still pretty significant. Both those teams are still in the title picture. Wyoming/Cincy is big for many reasons - not least of which is the way last season's game ended. OSU/UF is a mid-season 1/2 matchup. While either team (in theory) could recover from a loss and still get in, the challenge to do so will be significant.

Whether it's the biggest week ever or just the biggest week in a while, one thing is sure - it's a big fucking week.

Predictions:

UF by 2 : Bits protects the ball and over-powers the OSU O-line
    Cincy by 7 : Cincy's D gets 3-4 picks and Wyoming's O-line and D struggle
    MSU by more than 7: Sparty is poised for a big win over Michigan

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron Mickey

Incorrect.

[​IMG]

You high

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I know - going out on a limb, but that's what I'm feeling. I think your shotgun should help to minimize the discrepancy between your lines, but your pass-happy offense is interception-prone. Cincy's D is great and will have the HFA. You may prove me wrong, but that's why they call it a prediction. I wish you the best of luck in making me eat my words.

And that clip is awesome. I won't miss TO one bit.

As for my extracurricular activities, my supply is dry. I'll have to work on that.

10. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Cincy by 3
    MSU by 13
    Bucks by 10 and pulling away at the end. :trophy:That or I may have such a huge lead that I will have to chew clock for a portion of the 4th qtr and kneel it on my last 2 possessions. :doodie:

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

14. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Mich by 3