MASTERS PS3 FINAL ROUND EXTENSION - DUE TBA

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Due to the unfortunate fact that PSN or whatever it is called is down, PS3 scores may be posted until Monday morning at 7am EDT. If you are unable to get your final round in by then, please PM me to let me know so that we can work something out.

This is for PS3 ONLY. XBOX results are closed.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

What I read from Drunken's source is that PSN should be back sometime Friday afternoon or into Saturday.. hopefully the Friday option tho!

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Seems like this is a severe problem and it looks like hackers infiltrated the Playstation Network, hopefully they havent gained access to peoples credit card information or this could be really serious. I havent purchased anything from the PSN store or anything like that, so they dont have my credit card info, but it something to keep an eye on.

4. KnightNoles

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hmmmm okay... we will keep an eye on it, I have no problem extending to next Friday if need be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

in the event that this stretches into next week, what do we do about the next tournament?

@Basis4aDay56

7. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

This, is, absolute horse p@$$&......I know there's nothing we can do about it, but son of a bitch it sucks

8. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I'm deep in the Oxfordshire countryside, on the iPhone. Picked a great weekend to go away it seems. Dub-ya, you must know those Sunday pins inside out by now? Lol

9. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    well next week is bye.Hawaii is week from this coming Monday ...

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Any update from the ps3 folks?

11. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

rumor has it that they'll be back up tomorrow

12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Nothing new this morning, I'm hoping by tomorrow or Wednesday based on the the info I've been able to get thus far......anyone else have something more concrete????

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

lol @ psn still being down. 360 ftw.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Keller

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay, here is the deal. After reading the other thread, there really is no idea when we will be good to go.

FOR NOW, all final rounds for the PS3 contingent will be due by 6:30 am EDT on MONDAY 5/2.

If there are further delays, we will adjust, however that is the plan. This will run concurrently with the TEE TIME SIGN UP for the tournament at Wailae next week.

Good luck getting your awesome network totally rebuilt ASAP. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    President Grant approves your message ;)

[​IMG]

17. KnightNoles

I have heard Tuesday sometime

18. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

This is what i read today....

" I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time. As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. Will keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience. "

In the hope that its back online by Wednesday night, 8pm EDT ... sound good to anyone ?

19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

For me, this has completely ruined this first tournament for me -- I feel like I've been disengaged, unattached.......and the worst part is I have no earthly idea how LONG it's going to last......

20. Keller

[​IMG]

21. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

For what it is worth I have had both PS3 and XBOX, and I'd rather pay the $10 a month to know my online gaming system will work. Do you notice that $10? I don't even really notice I pay it for the most part. And I use the shit out of it. PSN, for me, was shitty, it was down a lot, or I had massive problems getting games rolling with other users. Have not had one problem on XBOX. All of this 'I save money' or shit like that should stop because it is now clear your online system is shit. Not that its any of your faults, but them the facts.

22. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

If this was PSN just having an error or some kind of shit downtime for a reason caused by them, i'd totally agree. Considering they have just suffered an external attack of some kind doesn't particularly make me furious at Sony or the PSN. Personally, i blame the moron/morons who attacked the PSN system as being responsible. For all we know, this attack, if launched on your Xbox Live or whatever its called, could of had the exact same effect. To keep down a service like this for almost a week, is a MASSIVE blow to a company like Sony's reputation, so much so that im almost certain that they are doing everything they can to get back online. Plus, apart from it being a massive ball-ache for this tours sake - i've never really had any problems with the service before & i don't play online enough to warrant the $10 a month. So its not that i save money, it's more that i feel i dont waste it - paying for a service, which with the exception of this past week, is identical to what you Xbox have throughout the year.

Also, if something is free, what right do i have to bitch about it. lol. If i was paying $10 a month and this happened, i'd be really pissed off. As it is, it's annoying, but hey-ho... it seems like it will be fixed soon and come back more secure than it was before... at least thats what they say .. :)

Plus all you guys only pipe up when something goes wrong with the PSN and your service is fine. So, when the PSN is up and running fine again for a whole week, i will post, that you have just spent $10 on a service, that i have just received free. :p

23. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

If this was PSN just having an error or some kind of shit downtime for a reason caused by them, i'd totally agree. Considering they have just suffered an external attack of some kind doesn't particularly make me furious at Sony or the PSN. Personally, i blame the moron/morons who attacked the PSN system as being responsible. For all we know, this attack, if launched on your Xbox Live or whatever its called, could of had the exact same effect. To keep down a service like this for almost a week, is a MASSIVE blow to a company like Sony's reputation, so much so that im almost certain that they are doing everything they can to get back online. Plus, apart from it being a massive ball-ache for this tours sake - i've never really had any problems with the service before & i don't play online enough to warrant the $10 a month. So its not that i save money, it's more that i feel i dont waste it - paying for a service, which with the exception of this past week, is identical to what you Xbox have throughout the year.

Also, if something is free, what right do i have to bitch about it. lol. If i was paying $10 a month and this happened, i'd be really pissed off. As it is, it's annoying, but hey-ho... it seems like it will be fixed soon and come back more secure than it was before... at least thats what they say .. :)

Plus all you guys only pipe up when something goes wrong with the PSN and your service is fine. So, when the PSN is up and running fine again for a whole week, i will post, that you have just spent $10 on a service, that i have just received free. :p

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Who pays $10 a month? Rip off.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I will laugh if after all this is said and done, Sony comes out and says they are going to start charging a monthly fee to help pay for the new security upgrades. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3