Matt Elam to FSU?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 30, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Matt Elam to FSU?

-UF's bluechipper looks more and more as if he is headed to FSU as an EE. Look for it to break SOON.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

It has broke. NOLE

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

No doubt the uncertainty surrounding Meyer will affect recruiting. Who is Elam?

4. KnightNoles

:5stars: safety he was courted by Meyer exclusively and was an Early Enroll

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

This is unbelievable! Next up, Kenny Shaw, Lammonier and the Christian boys.

It looks like by 2011, we have a real shot of returning to the NC game, cant believe im saying that! It will be so nice when were back on top and i dont have to listen to all the gator love, it's been a tough 9 years.

I cant wait for next year to start, hopefully we can put Bobby out on a high note today, then get started with the return to the top come tomorrow at the UA game with some more recruits.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wow! I feared this would happen and it has. Things keep getting worse in Gainesville. We lose a great recruit, now we lose another assistant coach, leaving us with an interim head coach, no OC, DC, or another assistant. How did this happen? We better freaking win the Sugar bowl tonight to at least get something positive going into the off season.

On a side note, how the hell can this kid early enroll at FSU? For anyone else, the average admissions decision takes months. How can this kid go from being admitted to UF to admitted to FSU in 2 days? (I guess FSU knows that any kid that can get into UF greatly exceeds the FSU admissions requirements j/k) Did Elam already have his application completed to FSU? Elam should have to wait until fall like any other average kid would.

I'm bitter because we lost this kid, but this is a solid example of how spoiled these kids are. They get preferential treatment and can basically do whatever they want whenever they want. While the average kid is left to abide by the system. There's no way an average student would get enrolled, find someplace to live, and get classes in one week. No wonder these kids get into trouble off the field, they never have any rules to live by.

7. KnightNoles

I'm sure he like all the other recruits applied to more than one school at one point. I'm sure he sent both an app to Florida and fsu at the same time.

As long as a high school student has his things done in December and able to graduate he can enroll in any college the next semester. It's the samething if he would graduate in the summer and enroll in the fall it's just earlier umm duh, so obviously the kid is pretty smart or got his shit done.

If you think Florida is superiour as a university I disagree I know your only joking but last year Myron Rolle won the Rhodes they had another student this year up for it again I don't know if they won it. Every school does what fsu did but fsu brought it against themselves. Why I don't know, the counselor I guess finally had it and wanted exposure

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah that switch hurt, You got greg Reid, Joyner and Elam in the secondary pretty good, pretty good. Oh well hopefully we won't lose too many more.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You still gotta coach em.

10. Juggernautblitz

Cole hits it on the head again. I wouldn't be talking about getting back in the NC game quite yet FSU fan. Your head coaches name is Jimbo and he has no head coaching experience. That is a long way from being a top 5 - 10 program again.

11. KnightNoles

What's it matter about Jimbos name? He knows how to coach and has been under two guys that know how to also. He asssembled a great staff so far and have gotten some top recruits, that's gotta say something.

12. Juggernautblitz

Jimbo, Gomer, Billybob, Bubba, Ernest T........... You're right, what's in a name?

13. GoGators

Do you know what Florida students and FSU students have in common?

They both got into FSU hahaha. (y)

I won't argue academics cause this isn't the place. I'll let the public university rankings do this.

Losing Elam sucks no doubt, but after thinking about it some more I think it is a similar situation to what Greg Reid decided. Reid wanted guaranteed playing time and Urban wouldn't give it to him. Elam is quoted as saying he wanted to attend a university he could make an impact at. He felt going to UF he'd just be jumping on the bandwagon.

Obviously, if you're good enough, anywhere you go you'll make an impact. Look at Suh at Nebraska.

I would have liked to kept Elam, undoubtedly he's a special athlete and would have contributed somehow, but more so, I'd rather not have seen him go to FSU. This won't be as big of news as it is right now. I think the bigger issue for us isn't losing Elam, but what may happen with his two teammates, Gerald Christian and Robert Clark. So long as we keep these two guys and Urban returns in August, we'll be fine.

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Losing Elam kinda sucks, kudos to FSU for grabbing him up. Nonetheless, Florida has a monster recruiting class right now. Picking up Easley today was icing on the cake. The Gators aren't going anywhere. Florida is the IT program in college football right now.

As for FSU / Jimbo: I think they'll be back. They have the talent and are getting the recruits.

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

Nah Florida isn't going anywhere next year to many great players are going to the Draft or are seniors Florida will be a 9 or 10 winning team next year no National Championship I think but my team (The Buckeyes) will do work weak schedule but going to Miami (Fla) Penn St and Michigan are both at home it looks like we could go undefeated! Go Bucks!

16. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Florida loses 3-4 games next year.

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

Possibly but we need to wait for all the juniors to decide if there stating or leaving.

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

Urban Meyer tried to keep this whole thing quiet for he feared this would happen wait till signing day.

19. GoGators

I love it! Unlike this year, where expectations were undefeated, bcs championship, heisman, and win every game by 100, next year won't be like that and the target won't be on our backs.

Everyone continue to overlook us thinking we'll be an average team please!

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

They will still be dominate, the defense will be good and they are getting tons of good recruits. The only question will be how tebow's replacement plays. The gators are not going anywhere anytime soon. Can they beat bama? Pry not but they will still be in the SEC Champ Game

21. GoGators

The future is here. Sneak Preview 1-2-10 Under Armour All-American Game.
    Warning: not safe for Vols, Dawgs, or Noles.

If you cared to watch, future Gators dominated this game.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I watched it.

The Gator commits did seem impressive, although Mack Brown showed that he had very little vision or explosion (he's been hurt though). That corner for FSU was pretty good as well.

I watched it just to see where CB Tony Hurd Jr was going to end up. To my surprise he picked A&M! We need secondary help bad and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this guy comes in and sees SIGNIFICANT playing time next year. Plus he's a pretty smart kid.

23. GoGators

Just a little update for all the Noles fans out there who think they're back.

He'll make his final decision Saturday during the AAA game.

24. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm excited about the AAA game because there are a few of A&M's top recruits that are going to hopefully make some big splashes. WR/TE Nate Askew has had a good week or workouts. T Cedric Ogbuehi and OL Jake Matthews have also made a big splash in the workouts this week on the offensive line.

25. GoGators

I think you can tell more from the workouts than you can from the game. Plus, these games/practices are usually a much better indicator of how good these guys are as opposed to their recruiting rankings. You can't hide behind your teammates and coaches when going 1 on 1 all week with someone who is as equally talented.