Matt - Jets owner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 9, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am confused on whos who right now, but someone gave me the heads up that Matt will be quitting madden all together.

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I believe Matt is the Jets owner...

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Jesus, we're waiting on him to play his playoff game against Dunn this week. I texted him myself tonight, but he never responded.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If it comes down to it, would it be a huge issue if I took over the Jets for the remainder of the season? It possibly could be just one game, but I also don't want to piss owners off by playing playoff games when I don't belong there with my team.

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I think that is smart for the league to run them in the post season, I don't want a sim game or to play the CPU. That being said if they open I think I may take them going forward they at least play in nj where I live and the Dolphins are never gonna open. Plus it will really make mustang mad...

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Last time this happened, the only right thing to do was to let Dunn pick his sub and get the game done. Really sucks, but it is what it is.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Hard to believe a kid would borderline cheese get in a nice spot in the postseason and then bail. Win hit me up later and someone boot Matt I can play tonight after 8pm est thanks.

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Also if someone can get with vishal on aim I know he was saying last night he would switch to the jets but whenever he or gaddy say anything i never can tell if they are serious. If he does not then I will take them next year and open up the bengals at seasons end. Unless of course there is done with more seniority or a person in the favorite team thread that qualifies.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll hit you up on AIM when I get home today. Should be home around 2 pm central and should be available for a 7 pm central time game (8 est).

Get a little taste of playoff action, even if it'll be just one game.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, let's go ahead and post that the Jets are open, if you are okay with that, Dunn. I mean, if we think Matt is for sure gone (I got a message from Web but can't copy/paste it at work, so will do so here when I get home), let's get owner interest now in them for a takeover after the season.

Again, though, if anyone has an issue with me playing them through the playoffs, speak now. Cause if I manage to beat Dunn (possibility, since Jets fit my playstyle of smash run + defense), then I am a wildcard in the playoffs as far as playing either Dunlap or Gaddy the following week.

Can also do it on a game-by-game basis if you guys want, but I'm getting ahead of myself just in case the odd happens. You never know. :)

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nate just informed me that Matt is on vacation but did not let anyone know. I would go ahead and sub for him but I wouldnt open up the team just yet.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay. I know he posted in out of town thread, but till Sunday. Today is Tuesday.

13. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

He was on PS3 the last 2 nights once in the franchise the other time in madden he did not respond to me either time. He went away till sunday evening did not find out or post about his week 17 game that was advanced in error, he did not respond or post in the schedule thread and did not respond to a direct text from Dave. Unless he has a doctors note at this point those are strikes 1-3 to me. I will give him till tonight to respond to schedule thread or ps3. Can't hold up the playoffs for incompetence, plus 2 league members have reported they were told he was leaving omfl.

14. Jeremy

Can winuvas play tonite if he doesnt respond?

15. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yeah got win lined up.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah I should be able to play. If anything comes up though I'll post here or let you know via AIM.

17. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

If Win can't do it I will back-up :)

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This was sent to me from Weblink.

Hey man, I knew that guy Matt was in another league and saw he hadnt posted in his game thread. He posted this on their board today.

Sorry for my recent absence guys. This weekend I attended a journalism conference at the University of Washington. I thought I posted in the absence thread but apparently I did not. On Saturday night I broke up with my girlfriend of six years, so I've just been a little numb. I also got a job a promotion at work and am now officially a sports and news reporter.

I will re-evaluate my time situation as it pertains to number of leagues I am in. With that said, if I ever left the UFL, it would be the day I stopped playing Madden.

Frank, I can play all night tonight. I'll text you back buddy.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dunn and I tried to play tonight but due to connection/server issues, we could not get linked up for more than 2 minutes into the first quarter.

We will try again tomorrow at Dunn's choosing (if I can play that timeframe, I will), OR if Matt somehow figures out we exist and posts what is happening with him and wants to play, then fine. We have until Wednesday to get the game in, unless we call it an emergency.

Under NO situation should this be a sim of any kind. That isn't fair to Dunn at all. I hope I can get the game in tomorrow if I need to still sub.

Also, talked to Dunn about it, and I suggested that he take over the Jets if I so happen to win with the Jets. I think it's fair in this case so that way if he has bad luck and gets knocked out, he still "advances" even in a loss.

What do you guys think about this, if anything? This is a new situation to me, and it, quite frankly, pisses me off. Particular when I realized that the post above (to the UFL forums) was done yesterday. While he hasn't done crap here for 4-5 days, he's been posting on UFL forums.

20. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I went into the UFL forums and checked it out. Apparently on Monday night, he scheduled his UFL game to be played on Monday night and actually went and played it. That was when he was on PS3, playing his UFL game, all the while ignoring any and all messages from a bunch of us at the time, including myself and at least Dunn sent him messages too. So, yeah, it kind of pisses me off too.

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

22. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I was considering taking the Jets but the new kid who was here before fr3sh_uc is a huge fan and I think it is good for the league if he gets them. He is the only jets fan in the league and when I dropped a hint he was really excited and appreciative. So after I get the game in I will open the Jets and most likely give them to him unless anyone has an issue with it.

23. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Guess we should have trusted Dunlap on this one...LOL.

I would say Fresh to the Jets makes sense - falls in line with our favorite team rule.

24. Jeremy

I would still allow our tenured owners first shot at the Jets regardless. I know we strive to give players their favorite teams but I do not think this trumps us giving our tenured owners first dibs.

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Completely 100% agree. While I am in favor of giving a guy his favorite team, my preference is giving a TENURED owner his favorite team first. I'd like to make sure new ownership will stick around and be worthwhile additions to the OMFL before just slapping them their favorite team.