May be a little early, but...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

May be a little early, but...

Has anyone thought about what kind of dynasty TF4 will be for NCAA '11? Is everyone coming back? Are we going to use mid-majors again? Or start in BCS conferences? How will we determine who gets 1st 2nd pick of teams etc?

I just figured Id get a little conversation going while things are slow bc of easter.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Im down for a change, but I wouldn't mind a similar set up too.

I think a straight, BCS dynasty would be a good option, and everything would run a lot more quickly.

As far as picking teams...random.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I like the idea of BCS teams to start with.

When you say random, do mean random order? Or that everyone would be assigned a random team from a certain conference, or a random team from a selected pool of teams?

Either way sounds good to me. I know that certain people will want certain teams for one reason or another, but if everyone got a random team that could make things a little more interesting.

What conferences were you thinking? should they all choose champions the same way? like Big10, Pac10, and BigEast or Big12, SEC, and ACC? or a mix of both types?

4. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I vote for a similar setup with everyone starting with bottom-tier teams and working their way up. Maybe Mountain West - WAC, excluding Boise, BYU, and Utah. I find that the dynasties hold their appeal for longer that way.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Will this be a premiere dynasty? I would assume it would but I dunno.

Is Murk/Wes/Swag still going to be running said league? Is he going to be interested in running a league next year?

If it is a premiere dynasty, won't that require the members to all be paying members? I'm not sure the majority of the people in this league have a membership actually.

Would it then benefit the league as a whole to keep it non premiere? or is that even a choice that we would have? I would imagine that Ryno and Drifter would want to name certain dynasties that they feel worthy as premiere since those would be paid dynasties....therefore the membership of the leagues would change somewhat depending on the status of those members.....

all of that needs to be taken into account as well. I think the first step be to talk to them about how that's going to work out.

I guess if nothing else and we all wanted to stay together as a group one of us could try to get approval to start a non premiere dynasty after the release so that we could all participate together....I'm not sure they would like that though, I think if it was me I'd be ok with it I guess, but I could make a case for not being cool with it as well.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I get paid this Friday and Ill finally be getting a membership then($50)(y)

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I would think that they would not boot anyone from this league I think one restriction was that you could only be in one premier dynasty. If this is a premier would anyone leave because they are in another POD? I for one am sticking with this group. I would like to take teams in BCS conferences. I say take 2 conferences and split up 6-6 and go at it.

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Thats it. You can be in one unless you have a membership or are a commish. I paid my lifetime b/c I love the site but I'm likely to only be in one dynasty next year b/c of football and this one will be it for me.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I want to go BCS also.

I like the 6-6 idea too. It might bring back some of that excitement from 2010.

If we did that would we go with 2 divisional BCS conferences (ACC,Big12,SEC)? Or would we go with 2 of the conferences w/ no CCG (Pac10,Big10,BigEast)?
    Or one of each?

What type of teams do you guys think we should use? Free-for-all or should we restrict programs' star rating or something?

Also, if we do end up going with mid-majors we definitely need some kind of process/plan to make the transition to BCS conferences smoother.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I like the recruiting rules that we have with limited 5 star and 4 star recruits. I would like to keep that. I also like the way TF1 is run. I like all the big schools vying for the MNC each year. This would be cool with me too.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes it will be premier. Yes I will commish. and you can be in as many premier OD's as you want.

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I like this idea except that it limits the chances of user bowl games. I would say one of these 2 set-ups (ACC, Big 12, SEC) or (Big East, Big Ten, Pac-10). And if it's done this way instead of requiring a certain number of user games, require a certain number of user non conference games at 1 or 2. I like the idea of 2 NC user games because with the right rotation the number of user games flexes and the chances of having a undefeated user every year flexes. Just seems more fun and challenging.

13. BDSDIGITAL

Unless I'm wrong I understood it to be this:

Lifetime members: unlimited premiere spots

Yearly Members: One premiere spot

Non members: No premiere league spots

So yeah, me, you , jman, maximusattax, york, papa, ...and I think that's it can be in whatever league we want but some of the other members of this league aren't paid members of the site are they? If they are not they would either need to re up their membership by 6/1 or they wouldn't be able to be members of this league.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I know that I'm not premier anything (really opening myself up to all sorts of bad jokes there), as I haven't paid anything to be such. That said, I'm not sure what being a premier league does. Can anyone fill me in on that? How much does it cost to be a member? I'm a little skeptical about paying more outside of the purchase of the game to be in an online dynasty. I realize that running a site like this isn't free, but I'm not sure I want to shell out $50 (if what Max said about what he's paying is the cost) to be in an online dynasty...

15. BDSDIGITAL

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

come on money bags spit it out or at least get your girlfriend Rip to pay for you you said he was big pimpin!!

17. BDSDIGITAL

If this is the only league you are going to be in you would only need to pay the $12 for the season.... I paid $50 for various reasons but I might be in two leagues max myself next year...and very likely one league.

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

So who you gonna choose? :eek:

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Thanks for the link.

Haha. I've got 2 little ones to pay for an a third on the way. I may shift down to the non-premier leagues, but I don't know at this point. Maybe Riptides will pay for all of us. He's made of money! (y)

20. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I don't care what we do, I'll pick a shitty ass team to start with wherever it is. I enjoy building things up too much not to.

21. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, except for the Dookies!
    (y)

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm a lifetime member as well.

I would rather have regular season user games that mean something than worry about potential bowl games. I vote for 2 conferences. BCS or non.....doesn't really matter, but I feel both should be either have a conference title game or both shouldn't.

23. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Is it better to pick our teams before or after the game comes out?

If we choose -

Before: nobody knows how good each team will be and it will be luck of the draw

After: i guess we'd be able to screen some teams and not allow them if they are over the top good.

Thoughts on this......

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm fine with either way. I pretty much did the before version with this league when we started, as I just picked a team in the conference that was still open and chose a team that has had some decent seasons in the past. I'm wondering more what conferences we're going to go with...

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Big 12 / SEC

Big12 / ACC

SEC / ACC

Pac10 / Big10

Pac10 / BigEast

Big10 / BigEast

would be our options if we go 2 BCS conferences with same championship setup