May I make a suggestion....

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by klaximilian, Sep 12, 2012.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

(No) <-----anxiously await some smartass to tell me this.

We're all new to this advance rate of a flat 3-day schedule. My suggestion, and this is just the way I approach things, is be PROACTIVE in your game schedule. Contact your upcoming opponent in advance. We're two days away from the advance, but most of us plan our weeks ahead of time (or at least the weekend).

Wk 2 Game Scheduling (Cowboys/Seahawks)

This way, we all assure that we find a time to play our games, and can plan your time around this instead of desperately trying to find the time to squeeze the game in, only to have it simmed.

Carry on gentlemen, enjoy your week 1 battle. ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'd like to add to this suggestion. We seem to talk a lot around here about respecting your opponent. I think this should apply not just during game play but during the scheduling aspect as well. I don't know how many times I try to contact people and get absolutely ZERO response from them, whether it's YIM or here on the forums. I mean really, you can't take a few seconds to reply to a message that someone sends you? And then to be on these forums posting like crazy in other leagues while ignoring a request to play in this league is the ultimate sign of disrespect. But maybe that's just me...

• Like Like x 5
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Seems like it's the same handful, 15 or so, owners consistently in and partaking in this forum. Won't name any names because I'm sure the regulars know who they all are. Where are the other 15 or so owners? I understand people have jobs which don't allow them computer access, but to log in and partake in our league discussions even a few times a week doesn't seem like too much. There are some I've never even seen in the forum. I guess as long as they keep the league moving it's fine, but to me this forum is half the fun of this league. Love the participation and discussions we have with those 15 or so who are here on a day by day basis....Just my .02

• Like Like x 4
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Participation is another topic. Like you said, guys are busy. But to completely IGNORE a message from your opponent, even if it's just preseason, is disrespectful. To each his own...

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I haven't checked in your case Moe, but just make sure you are tagging your opponent in scheduling threads - Especially the preseason. Not sure everyone is exactly looking out for these threads and might be taking some time off during the down time.

6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I started a conversation with one, which sends you an alert when you log on to the forum...

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

yup, you're fine then. If someone ignores that....I dunno.

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

If scheduling with an opponent is an issue, then it needs to be brought to your division mgr's attention. In your case, Moe, that would be Troy; redlishus.

• Like Like x 2
  9. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

Were you trying to get in contact with me?

If so, I didn't receive a message.

10. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

since tagging was brought up. How does one .. Tag.. Someone

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

the "@" symbol followed by their user name. No spaces. For instance, if your username were aaron, it would look like this:

@aaron

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

thank you much

14. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

On YIM, yes.
    And I just sent you a message via the forum...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  15. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Unsure if this goes for Drew but i do know that sometimes i don't always receive YIM's on my phone so it's best to post up a game scheduling thread just in case

• Like Like x 6
  16. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

I didn't receive a message on YIM.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just an FYI, you can use spaces.

Mine for example: '@'Shaun Mason = Shaun Mason

• Like Like x 2
  18. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

This^ I have found there is a direct correlation between activity on these boards...and respectful'ness regarding responding to messages or scheduling threads