maybe it's me

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

maybe it's me

Things I have noticed with these rosters and these sliders:

1) CPU is not dropping passes
    2) CPU running game is too strong
    3) Teams are showing too much improvement as a whole

1) CPU is not dropping passes

2 dynasty games WKU has dropped 12 passes, to me that's a reasonable number. WKU drops were spread in all 4 quarters

2 dynasty games the cpu has dropped 5, 1 in first half

Reason this is a problem is CPU has thrown more than I have.

2) CPU running game is too strong

I have only allowed 3 really long runs in 2 games but it seems like the blocking is really too good, and maybe the RB ability is too high. I stand more behind the blocking is too good because only saw one run where the guy made a lot of moves without slowing down.

3) Teams are showing too much improvement as a whole

This is a roster issue. Not saying these rosters are poor, biased or anything like that. If you change ratings of players in rosters and increase them based on "individual or team performance", sometimes the increase as a whole may be too high. College football does not have that much parity. For example, there are only 2 D+ or worse teams under these rosters. Under the other rosters there were at least 5 I believe. That's what I see here.

Please note this is not sour grapes over losing the first 2 games:

WMU should have blown me out except the CPU does not run the clock out till less than 3 min left in game. A team up 24 in 4th quarter under 7 min left would run the ball. USF, because of their pass rush, if I had thrown more early would probably have scored another 21 on me because their front 4 is excellent led by the impact end.

I am fully prepared to go 0 and 12 this season. That is not a negative statement, it's a realistic one. Probably would still feel that way no matter what team I was.

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I am looking into changing the sliders for next advance. I would have after last advance, but I wanted to give them 1 more week so I can really see what is going on and how much change needs to be made.

Things being changed:
    + Lower CPU Run Block
    + Lower CPU Catch
    + Higher User Tackle

Besides from changes in those, it seems that we have had several very competitive games already and I don't want to change to much. Last year we had to many blow-outs, and although our games this year seem to be higher scoring, they are more level and competitive.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sounds fine to me Lee. I enjoy the challenge but it does get frustrating seeing your guys get pancaked every play.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Honestly...I know I criticized the sliders after my first game...

But guys...remember...we are 3* teams at best. Yeah the rushing yards are a bit too much...Pitts HB had 240+ on 12 carries and 3 or 4 TDs in the first half!!! In the second thou...I stopped him...one thing I did and tried to do...was not use the hit stick. I think i was doing it unconsciouslly in the LaTech game and I panicked. I really don't mind the sliders at all...

...But thats just me...Idk...I like to be challenged when I am a shitty team....beating USC isn't supposed to be easy....

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My post was more of venting than anything else.

That's why I titled the thread as such.

WMU should have beaten me by more than 17, they should have ran the clock out with around 5 min left but they kept throwing the ball. They started running the clock out with under 3 min left. Even with slider adjustments I believe I still lose the game by at least 10.

USF has the best Dline outside of the elite teams, esp with their Impact DE, I could never get into a rhythm throwing or running the ball during game. If I make better play calling and with slider adjustments I probably still would lose by 28.

I know I repeated what I posted before.

I also titled the thread as such because I also realize part of the problem in the game play esp when I am on offense for me is my play calling. If I change the play calling on offense I will probably throw 30-40 interceptions this season. If I keep the play calling as is I may only average 250 total yards a game on offense. It's a catch 22 for me. 3 of 5 ints thrown by me so far have been bad reads, the other 2 the QB was hit as he threw the ball.

I wasn't expecting to come in and win the Sun Belt in season one. If I pull 4 wins I would call it a success. I was expecting to be competitive. I wasn't competitive in either game. If I was competitive against WMU I win, no problem. Reason being that if I was competitive, my offense would have done more than just in the last 5:36 of the game. If I was competitive against USF I lose by 21-28 points. I couldn't keep up with their speed on either side of ball.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Hit stick, how does one use it? I don't know how so I don't use it. USF forced and recovered a fumble against me with a big hit and I was in conservative game plan for big runs.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hit stick...flicking the left joystick? One of the 2...I don't even know which one..it just happens. I think putting conservative gameplan on makes you vulnerable...I will only use it to protect the ball when I am leading in a close game.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

If I leave it at normal, I fumble 3-4 times a game easy. If I leave it in conservative I fumble a lot less.

9. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think it's just you. Even on normal, I usually don't fumble unless I am trying to use the juke stick to stretch out extra yards on a punt return. Even then, it usually only 1 per game... if at all.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Juke stick doesn't work for me, hardly use it.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Please note I only posted back in here for an update from my end.

I came to the conclusion that on defense the problem in most cases was that it was me. Someone on TF helped me in another non TF dynasty helped me fix a problem I was having against users in the non TF dynasty when playing defense.
    Fixing that problem helped me play defense better in other dynasties as well.

If I had known this before I probably would have beaten WMU. Still would have lost to USF but closer. Also, UCF(user), would have been closer as well.

My offense needs work but thats me, I am still learning on offense. The lack of talent and poor playbook on offense makes WKU a bigger challenge as well.