Mayock's Top 10 V 1.1

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Mayock's Top 10: 2013
    [​IMG]
    With draft day a mere 5 months away, here is the first edition of my top 10 for the 2013 draft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vickery is an explosive pass rusher who uses violent hands and superb length to dominate offensive lineman. Through 9 games, Vickery has tallied 9 sacks and has batted 17 balls down at the line of scrimmage.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big Bubba is just an absolute hoss who uses his massive frame to clog running lanes. An ideal zero technique in a base 3-4, McCoy has the ability to anchor a front 7 at the next level.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    While all the love has gone to Stacy Knight, I’ve got Hendrix ranked ahead of him on my board. Hendrix has the perfect frame for the next level, and possesses elite arm strength and intelligence. I believe his game simply translates better at the next level.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Middleton is a kid who has been flying up my board. He started his career at TE, and has since moved to DE. While relatively unproductive his first few years, he has exploded onto the scene this year, leading the country with 11 sacks. His athleticism is elite, but he’ll have to refine his technique in order to succeed at the next level.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The comparisons to Michael Floyd are inevitable. Barbour however, I grade slightly higher. He is a very polished route runner with strong hands. He also doubles as a very willing and capable run blocker. Barbour will be a day one starter in the NFL.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Premier lockdown corner with good size and speed. Ultra productive kid at SC, as teams have just avoided Boyd following a 12 pick season a year ago. Still, he grades out as an above average cover corner with elite athleticism.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everyone wants to talk about this kid, and for good reason. An explosive athlete, Knight is also an intelligent and mature kid who has guided Cincinatti to an 8-0 start this season. Knight has an exceptionally strong arm, and his accuracy is underrated. Still, I don’t believe he will be as successful as Hendrix moving forward. I also worry about the punishment his body may take with all the mobility he takes advantage of.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It can be very difficult to differentiate yourself on a defense as loaded as the Hokies are. Davis, however, has made a statement this season. He’s accumulated an impressive 85 tackles through 8 games, and forced 4 fumbles. He is a solid athlete with great technique, but will need to improve on his coverage skills before he jumps up my board any higher.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lockett is yet another backer flying up my board. Though not all projections have him going too high, he is a stout run stopper with great athleticism. Though he could use a few pound, he plays downhill and is as sure of a tackler as there is in this draft. Fiesty leader with an attitude.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Freeman came into this season top three on most boards. In what became a coming out night for Rashad Middleton week 6, Middleton got the better of Freeman several times. Where Middleton really dominated was in the running game, as Freeman really struggled to set the edge. Freeman has all the tools to develop into a premier LT, but he’ll need to develop a bit before he gets there.​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 13
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Great write up.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I Peench want to collaborate on some more draft stuff? Was hoping to kind of centralize it in that other thread.. but great stuff man! Nice to see I'm not the only one that believes in Hendrix

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You guys can be Kiper and Mcshay. Both do mocks, bitch at each other, and see who is the best at the end.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I Peench

Sure thing amigo

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sound good peench? I'll fire back with a top 10 today too and call you a jackass... or something after it. Haha

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Dibs :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I finally got a chance to read through this - really nice work I Peench.

10. I Peench

I'll try my best to sack up and be one of those douchebags. It'd be McShay I hate slightly less.

Mayock FTW. Philly boy, too.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Agree 100%.

Kiper and McShay have been resting on their laurels for 4 years. Mayock is the man.

12. I Peench

Thanks man!

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Davis' Top 10: 2013
    [​IMG]
    With my colleague Mike Mayock releasing his top 10, I figured I would fire back with my own; take a look and let us know what you think.
    1. Bubba McCoy, Defensive Tackle - Texas Tech - 6'4 330 lbs - Age 22
    [​IMG]
    We haven't seen a player dominate the position at the college level like McCoy is since Ndamukong Suh and his final year at Nebraska. McCoy is everything you could want (and then some) in a 3-4 nose tackle- without a doubt the most talented defensive player in this class.​
    Reminds me of: Ndamukong Suh
    2. Alex Vickery, Defensive End - Texas - 6'7 258 lbs - Age 20
    [​IMG]
    Vickery is the definition of a physical freak. At 6'7 260 he is deceptively quick and can beat you with a number of moves. What's that? You say you're offensive tackle can handle the speed rushers. Fair enough, this guy will just bowl you over then.​
    Reminds me of: Julius Peppers
    3. Jonathan Hendrix, Quarterback - Texas A&M - 6'5 235 lbs - Age 22
    [​IMG]
    Hendrix has it all; a cannon for an arm, the leadership skills that every scout wants to see in their franchise quarterback, and every bit of size you could ask for at the position. You're going to hear this a lot, but he is an old fashioned gunslinger from the Lone Star State.​
    Reminds me of: Joe Flacco
    4. Brandon Scott, Defensive End - Penn State - 6'5 322 lbs - Age 21
    [​IMG]
    You can't ask for much else out of a 3-4 defensive end. Scott is a blue collar monster for Penn State and is a force on the field. He draws comparisons to Marcel Dareus for his deceptive athleticism, and you will hear a lot about this kids leadership skills throughout the process; he was instrumental on keeping Penn State from completely falling apart this season after the brutal offseason they endured.​
    Reminds me of: Tyson Jackson
    5. Ben Noel, Cornerback - California - 6'2 214 lbs - Age 21
    [​IMG]
    This is a kid with great measurables for the position; speed, quickness, leaping ability, and raw size. He is also a versatile corner that Cal moves around from nickel to the outside and even a little time back at safety to let his natural ballhawk instincts take over. Noel also has a little flash to him as well, and loves the spotlight and challenge of taking on a team's number one receiver.​
    Reminds me of: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    6. Marcus Barbour, Wide Receiver - Notre Dame - 6'2 225 lbs - Age 20
    [​IMG]
    As Mike mentioned, it is inevitable that Barbour will draw comparisons to Michael Floyd- but can he be better? I think he is coming out of college with a more complete game than Floyd did. Route running, run blocking, hands, smarts- all slightly better than the skill set Floyd came out with. Should make an immediate impact on whichever roster he ends up on.​
    Reminds me of: Miles Austin
    7. RT Clofer, Middle Linebacker - Georgia - 6'2 251 lbs - Age 21
    [​IMG]
    Clofer is everything you expect out of an SEC linebacker- tough, gritty, and explosive. While the need for middle linebackers isn't huge, he will bring a lot of talent to a team that wants a versatile linebacker that can do it all. He has adequate size and plays with superior speed on the field.​
    Reminds me of: Jon Beason
    8. Adrian Davis, Outside Linebacker - Virginia Tech - 6'1 238 lbs - Age 21
    [​IMG]
    Davis a stout linebacker with a nose for the football. Davis is a tackling machine (averaging 13 tackles a game!) and has forced his share of turnovers to boot. The Hokies defense is living up to the preseason hype and Davis is a big reason why. Davis is a standout run defender and has enough pass rushing skills to apply pressure when called upon. He is a tad under sized for the NFL, but has the frame to put on some more weight. He is a great raw talent that shouldn't slip very far come April.​
    Reminds me of: Nick Barnett
    9. Stacey Knight, Quarterback - Cincinnati - 6'3 225 lbs - Age 22
    [​IMG]
    Knight is a great athlete that came into the season very highly regarded and looking at a top 5 spot in the draft. However, after a rough outing against Syracuse where his previously undefeated Bearcats fell 17-10, many wonder if Knight has "it". At times in the game he looked flustered and let some throws get away from him. Now the raw talent is there, but there might be some of the mental game to grasp still. If he could find a system that he wouldn't have to be the starter in right away, he could be a very, very good quarterback. Note: The comparisons to RG3 are going to be unavoidable.​
    Reminds me of: Robert Griffin III
    10. Linval Shinhoster, Halfback - Penn State - 5'9 188 lbs - Age 20
    [​IMG]
    Shinhoster is a great all purpose back that has been moving up my board;he can contribute in both the passing game and running game which gives him staying power on any team he ends up with. Given his size, many scouts are questioning if he can handle an NFL workload. If there is a conference that prepares you for NFL style rushing work loads, I think it's the Big Ten. It will be interesting to see if someone takes Shinhoster in the first round, as running backs are getting more and more interchangeable it seems.​
    Reminds me of: LeSean McCoy

• Like Like x 5