Mayweather Turned Down $65 Million to Fight Pacquiao

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Iron Mickey, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

He doesn't want to get his ass kicked.

• Like Like x 4
  3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

4. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I'd get my ass kicked for 65 Million.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wick36

Ya, but he thinks that losing to pacquiao hurts him in the long run more than if he skirts the fight and ends up undefeated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Thats true but him not fighting Pacquiao is hurting him as well and he has to fell that. For boxings sake they need this fight to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wick36

I agree.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yep! No problem there. Punch me in the face all night.

I couldn't agree more. When all of them are retired and I think back on it 20 years from now I'll remember Mayweather as a great fighter who was scared of an even better fighter. In my mind he'll always be the 2nd best lb for lb fighter of this time period. Unless he steps up and beats Pacquiao. The thing is if they fight once they'll more than likely fight a few times you would think.

9. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Totally agree with that. Do you know what kind of money Mayweather is looking for to do this fight? If it were a money thing. Personally, I do not believe it is.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Truthfully he didn't turn down 65m. After taxes, manager fees, agent fees, blah blah blah he'd walk away with 25-30

11. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I would not fight Pac either. How do you go up in weight class but gain power, something is not adding up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

They both have excuses to not make this fight happen... Might as well get the government involved and make them fight

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I argued this with my boy on FB for about two weeks. My boy is just a casual boxing fan so he doesn't know how hard that actually is. He got faster and stronger. He seemed to not drop in speed at all and he hits like a mack truck. And honestly, if you really look at it, he became this dominant after that loss in '05 or '06 to ol' boy. Might of been a little earlier than that but after that he just started punching through people. Mosley has one of the toughest chins in boxing and he wanted to quit in that last fight. He asked his corner to stop (video has been leaked).

If PacMan is doing this naturally, I apologize for my ignorance. All I know is that he made Mosley (or was it Margarito) give blood the day of the fight and he won't abide by it. And its not like Mayweather declined to do the test as well. I don't blame him for not wanting to take the fight if their is an advantage.

My beloved sport of boxing is dying because the biggest fight in the sport's history will never happen because both men are hiding. One from fear that his opponent has an advantage. And the other from a drug test. I'm at a lost of words when it comes to this situation. As a Mayweather fan I'm disappointed because this makes him look scared and from a boxing fan prospective I'm diasppointed in PacMan because he's just radiating the stench of a man thats hiding something.

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Floyd won't fight because Pacman won't agree to strenuous drug testing.

Pac is on the juice, FACT.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

16. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

As much as i think your right. If time to cash the checks your mouth writes mayweather. You scared of him doping? Then STFU and just flat out say that. Bottom line is, as a former Mayweather fan, he's TALKING THE TALK, and thats IT

17. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

I love boxing, but people ducking each other is the reason this sport is almost dead. Boxing needs one title per class and less weight classes. The thing that makes college football great is the fact that number 1 and number 2 will play each other no matter what opinion says. If you say you can beat him, then stfu and let's go. Floyd is all BS.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

It also doesn't help that fighters have been known to refuse fights because of the network they are signed with. I realize sponsorship is great and all, but could you imagine (using your CFB example) Texas and Ohio State not playing because it couldn't be shown on the Texas Network?!?!

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

what was his reason? the drug test again?

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

No, actually what that dude is talking about is already known in the boxing community. And whats funny is that PacMan turned down about $50 million because of the drug test the first time. People in the PacMan corner ignore that fact. Why won't he just take the test? If he takes the test, Mayweather takes the fight. To me, PacMan is the one holding this thing up. 30 seconds. Thats all that is needed for a simple blood draw.

SN: And can any of you PacMan 'fans' please tell him to stop fighting guys Mayweather already destroyed?

21. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Even Daniel Tosh let PacMan punch him and he didn't get $65 million for it. :cool:

Nah but for real I think PacMan should agree to the drug test and then Mayweather will have no choice but to fight him.

Just another reason to watch MMA instead. Fight or GTFO.

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

L - o - fucking L at everyone saying Floyd is scared. Scared of what? Please be specific. Second big ass L-o-fucking L at believing anything Bob Arum is saying and saying it on WSHH. Fa real? Are you guys serious.

Pac man is on drugs. Its well known. He got beat by Marquez once and drew once. Both fights were widely known for controversial decisions. (Basically every body knows Manny got his ass whopped)

Also, he may say 65 Mil, but a big sticking point in all of Floyd's fights are the split. Floyd always gets the majority. I cant see this happening, Floyd cant either, and I also know Manny is asking for more of the split cuz he thinks he is the draw. So thats another thing that has turned off Floyd.

Hey Jerzey, it was Margarito who drew blood. Not to mention the first deal turned down, although Im pretty sure he turned it down cuz Floyd wanted damn near 70% Lol.

Im not a fan of either. And this fight wont happen. But not cuz anybody is scared. Its just politics. Keep in mind, Floyd is perfect, Manny has losses, and two other decisions where people know the truth about Marquez. Again, it sucks yes, but Im over it.

• Like Like x 2
  23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm a small fan of both, but I'm not so sure Floyd just isn't holding out for more $. He's not as dumb as we think and knows what kind of $ the PPV and tickets would pull in for the fight. It'd arguably be the biggest fight since I don't know what...

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get his ass kicked either.

He's faster than Pac and probably the fastest and most gifted boxer Pac has ever faced.

Not saying Pretty Boy would win, but sure as shit wouldn't be surprised.