MBA Year 1/Season 1 Coach Interviews

Discussion in 'Madden Ballers Association' started by Cole Copeland, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

[​IMG]
    Team:
    Off Playbook:
    Def Playbook:

Why did you pick the team you did?

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed?

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season?

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades)

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries)

What team do you dread playing the most?

What team is overrated?

Underrated?

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion:
    AFC Champion:
    MBA Bowl Champion:
    Off Player of the Year:
    Def Player of the Year:
    Rookie of the Year:
    Coach of the Year:
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach:

Coachmedicis xSavedByGracex Corey C arlennnn bringbackjimmy Gonzo612 kjm007 Knick37 Craig GMONEY 15 XWarriorMonk Eric Ciupik Jaye Hurricane GL kcstlmang Cbonezz jay2149 tremain Tyler Wilson Hordan54 Jeremy Rasmussen recchem2000 Wyrmreaver Mviola91 GridIRONguru614 seanisgreat87 Gravity DevilDog1108 publik drunk Richard Gilliam

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Cole Copeland

Team: Seattle Seahawks
    Off Playbook: Seattle (West Coast)
    Def Playbook: Seattle (Attacking 4-3)

Why did you pick the team you did? I usually don't use stacked teams in leagues but this is going to be a nice change of pace for me. Really excited for this team.

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Everyone needs to play well but I think of everyone the WR corps needs to step up. They aren't the most talented bunch but they seem to be playing well for now and we hope they can keep that up.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? After trading star ROLB KJ Wright, we will need Kevin Pierre-Louis and rookie Eric Pinkins to step up to the plate and lock down that position. They are faster guys than Wright with a slight drop in coverage so time will tell. In kick/punt returns we are extremely excited about WR Tyler Lockett. He will provide some spark down the stretch when we will need it most.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) This is an obvious one. Jimmy Graham was brought in this past season, as if you didn't know that already.. Like I said earlier, our WR's aren't the best so he will be targeted early and often.

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) Golden Tate was a big loss for this team and would have really helped this season in the passing game but we decided it was better if we parted ways. Other notable losses were Walter Thurmond III and Brandon Browner.

What team do you dread playing the most? The Vikings and Browns both have solid owners so those will be circled on the schedule. Also, you can't overlook the Cardinals in our division.. That secondary is scary.

What team is overrated? The Bills. They came into this season with alot of hype. But can they make the playoffs with Tyrod? I'm not so sure.

Underrated? The Vikings. Solid user, AP, and a sneaky stout D.

Your Predictions: We have the team to be extremely hard to beat.. 13-3 regular season record

NFC Champion: Minnesota Vikings
    AFC Champion: Denver Broncos
    MBA Bowl Champion: Vikings
    Off Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
    Def Player of the Year: Joe Haden
    Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper
    Coach of the Year: seanisgreat87
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Raiders and kjm007

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  3. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

Team:Denver bronchoes
    Off Playbook:denver
    Def Playbook:multiple

Why did you pick the team you did? With an elite secondary, the best pass rusher in the game in von Miller, and an offense primed for a conversion to a primarily zone read system we saw a lot of potential for championships.

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? We need to have consistent linebacker and offensive line play. Linebackers because the interior d line is not very stout and the o line is a complete patchwork at the moment.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? Shane Ray will play a vital role in our 335 formation along with 3rd downs as a pass rusher.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? The front office identified a weakness in the trenches early on leading us to grab "show me whatchu got" BJ Raji from the packers. He will see a lot of double teams at his size and strength hopefully opening up the pass rush of Shane Ray von Miller and malik jackson

Key Losses? We ended up having to sim our first game of the season and it led to the loss of starting HB cj Anderson for 42 weeks. This loss will be felt greatly in the redzone but between the 20's Ronnie Hillman should be able to get the job done

What team do you dread playing the most? Knowing KJ's offensive prowess I can't lie and say I'm not worried about the division rival Oakland raiders

What team is overrated?Pittsburgh steelers no question. Did you see their owner posting gifs about going super saiyan with that team? Lulz

Underrated? Probably the bears. Wyrm runs this cover 4contain play on defense that is pretty tough to stop

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion:cardinals
    AFC Champion:raiders
    MBA Bowl Champion:steelers
    Def Player of the Year:jj watt
    Rookie of the Year:jameis winston
    Coach of the Year:coachmedicis
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach:Atlanta falcons. Watch out for spin

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Love it except for the fact you said Steelers were overrated then have them taking the bowl lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Diehard Oakland fan since I was a kid. I live about 35-40 from Boston and love all Boston sports but screw Foxborough and those chumps. #Nation

Easy. The pass rush. Offense makes itself in madden, doesn't matter whose out there really, but defense I need to hit the QB and hit him often

Amari. Obvy bro.

Junior Gallette and KJ Wright. The raiders are in this to win now. We added some defense, watch out.

draft picks. In this straight win now mentality I only have a 3rd left in the first 4 rounds

Craig dudes user safety game is out of this world

What team is overrated
    Naturally inclined to say Patriots because I hate them and their tuck rule. Corey C beat XWarriorMonk to start year, but I, assuming they play all the time so it could've been a fluke. Or he's the real deal.

Underrated:
    GMONEY 15 any good user with that roster should kill it, but nobody is talking about him

Predictions:
    NFC : Cole Copeland
    AFC: XWarriorMonk
    OPOY: Demarco Murray jay2149
    DPOY: JJ Watt Hurricane GL
    Best offense: tremain
    Best defense: Hordan54
    Rookie : AC89
    Bowl Winner : cockiest man alive picks himself
    Dark horse: Gravity idk a thing about this dude but I just saw he waxed Hordan in haw. Must be really good

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

My suggestion: tag whoever you talk about it gets more people viewing which gets more people involved. Add offense of the year and defense of the year

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cole Copeland

I like how you added to it. Everyone feel free to add whatever you want. Creativeness is enjoyable.

8. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
    Off Playbook: Pittsburgh
    Def Playbook: Pittsburgh

Why did you pick the team you did? I am a die hard Steeler fan

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? This young defense. Man....They are young, but they are talented. Should be interesting come end of the season.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? Bud Dupree is starting at LOLB. Should be interesting to see.... So far he has not impressed, but he is a rookie.

The guys drafted are the biggest, but DeAngelo Williams is already making an impact subbing in for Leveon. Had a 97 or 98 yarder against the 49'ers
    Losing Ike and Troy in the secondary is big, but it was time... I think that as a fan I still miss Casey Hampton lol
    You know what... I already played Corey C once, I havent been beaten that badly yet in a game of madden. If I make the playoffs, I hope he loses before I see him.

What team is overrated?
    The Broncos.... Peyton Manning? Really breh?
    Underrated?
    The Oakland Raidas

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Cole Copeland
    AFC Champion: XWarriorMonk
    MBA Bowl Champion: XWarriorMonk
    Off Player of the Year: Tom Brady
    Def Player of the Year: Ryan Shazier
    Coach of the Year: Gravity
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach Corey C .... the Patriots will be a force at some point

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

How dare you warn people that my team might be good!

10. Wyrmreaver

Here again guys, would love to see participation, though it is not mandatory

Coachmedicis - Bills
    xSavedByGracex - Dolphins
    Corey C - Patriots
    OPEN - Jets

arlennnn - Broncos
    bringbackjimmy - Chargers
    Gonzo612 - Chiefs
    kjm007 - Raiders

Knick37 - Bengals
    Craig - Browns
    GMONEY 15 - Ravens
    XWarriorMonk - Steelers

Eric Ciupik - Colts
    Jaye - Jaguars
    Hurricane GL - Texans
    kcstlmang - Titans

Cbonezz - Cowboys
    jay2149 - Eagles
    tremain - Giants
    Tyler Wilson - Redskins

Hordan54 - Cardinals
    Jeremy Rasmussen - 49ers
    recchem2000 - Rams
    Cole Copeland - Seahawks

Wyrmreaver - Bears
    Mviola91 - Lions
    GridIRONguru614 - Packers
    seanisgreat87 - Vikings

Gravity - Buccaneers
    DevilDog1108 - Falcons
    publik drunk - Panthers
    Richard Gilliam - Saints

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wyrmreaver

Team: Chicago Bears
    Off Playbook: Run 'n' Gun
    Def Playbook: Philly (3-4)

I like rebuilding projects, I like tradition, I like playing outdoors with a chance of weather.

Johnny Fucking Football. If he can make plays and have fewer throws where he just absolutely misses open guys I should be able to move the chains.

Coming in I thought Forte was the man at HB, but after he was hurt and seeing how Jeremy Langford has played in his absence I may end up starting Langford the rest of the way and using Forte to keep Langford fresh. Also, Kevin White is starting opposite Alshon and I expect him to have a solid year as the #2 option in the passing game.

Drafting White at WR was huge. Since I took over, we have acquired a number of starters and major contributors via trade and waivers. QB Johnny Manziel, TEs Derek Carrier and AC Leonard, RG Brandon Brooks, MLB Colin McCarthy, SS Jeromy Miles, and CBs Dre Kirkpatrick(moving to FS) and Justin Gilbert. All told, these moves gave the offense a facelift with a mobile QB, injected a stud blocker into the mix, added fast threats at TE and gave me adequate starters at positions of need in the secondary.

Brandon Marshall leaving is a blow, but White is a nice young replacement. In the deal to get an upgrade on the offensive line we gave up a star TE in Martellus Bennett

I don't "dread" anyone. I am curious about the Lions since he is the only division rival I have that I have never played.

What team is overrated?
    The Packers. Fuck the cheeseheads (sorry GridIRONguru614 , it had to be done :))

Underrated?
    Titans - nobody is talking about them, but I see you kcstlmang and I know you are going to compete in that division

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Cardinals and Hordan54 I think he is the team to beat until someone else gets there
    AFC Champion: Bills and Coachmedicis like Jordan I will go coach until proven otherwise
    MBA Bowl Champion: Coin Flip :)
    Off Player of the Year: LeVeon Bell (Steelers) - I know how Troy likes to run the ball
    Def Player of the Year: Karlos Dansby (Browns) - mostly because I know how Craig likes to patrol the middle
    Rookie of the Year: Amari Cooper is the early favorite kjm007 but dont sleep on Jeremy Langford over here in Chi-Town
    Coach of the Year: The game always does this wrong and goes best record, I am gonna say kcstlmang and the Titans because I think they will be far better than most people are expecting
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: I think GMONEY 15 and the ravens. He is the kind of user that gets better and better as the season goes on and he gets to know his roster and opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Team: Bucs
    Off Playbook: NE
    Def Playbook: Cover 2

Winston has played well through three games and needs to continue that. The more he grows the quicker this team will be a serious contender.
    See above.
    Once again, Winston is the golden egg. Mike Evans is a young stud and is already one of the best receivers in the league.
    We lost Vincent Jackson week 1. Fractured forearm will have him out for 8 weeks. Huge loss on the outside. We had one of the top WR duos in the league and that quickly ended.
    Any team that likes to air it out. My pass defense is in shambles. I have Chris Conte and Major Wright at safety. Wear a condom please.
    What team is overrated?
    I've only played a handful of people in this league but I'll just call out Wyrmreaver to be a dick.
    Underrated?
    publik drunk
    Your Predictions:
    NFC Champion:
    Me
    AFC Champion: Hurricane GL
    MBA Bowl Champion: Total toss up.
    Off Player of the Year:
    I'll go with Derek Carr based on the fact he seems to be overrated as fuck in this game.
    Def Player of the Year: Lavonte David because I am in love with that man.
    Rookie of the Year: Jameis is the obvious choice here.
    Coach of the Year:
    Hordan54 that team is stacked and he is a great user.
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: arlennnn kicked my ass in a different league. I could easily see him going all the way.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cole Copeland

Wyrmreaver after seeing it with my own eyes.. Langford is gonna be a sure fire star this entire release.

• Like Like x 1
  14. seanisgreat87

seanisgreat87 Walk On

Minnesota Vikings
    Off-det
    Def-min
    Reason for choosing the vikes?
    I bleed purple!
    Who on my team needs to play well to succeed? I definitely need my young linebacking core to play fast, barr and Kendricks should be a nasty duo for seasons to come. We're also going to need a strong pass rush in the nfc north.
    What rookies do I need to make an impact? LB Eric Kendricks will have a lot of responsibility holding down the middle of this aggressive attacking 4-3 and cb Trae Waynes is gonna have to step up starting opposite Rhodes in this wr happy division.
    Key additions and loses.
    Minnesota had a pretty nice offseason and didnt really lose any key players. We did add speedster Mike wallace which will hopefully give teddy a viable deep ball option.

Which team do I dread playing the most?

I've been playing GridIRONguru614 for years now, while I always enjoy and look forward to playing him I know it will always be a tough and close game.
    Most overrated?

XWarriorMonk we all know he gamesharks
    Most under rated?
    He's off to a slow start but I've been playing Gonzo612 for years as well and once he gets a hang of the setting and his team could be a strong force in his division.
    Predictions
    AFC champ Corey C This cat smoked XWarriorMonk and h is Game shark, he must be goooood.
    Nfc champ seanisgreat87 ...because why the hell not. Love me some me!
    MBA champ? Whoever scores more points in the superbowl
    Off poy- Adrain peterson, he's going off
    Def poy- Luke kueckly. Have you played with thay dude? He's getting every tackle.
    Off Roy- famous Jamis
    Def Roy - Eric Kendricks
    Coach of the year- Corey C that's pats team right now though...
    Dark horse- seanisgreat87

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Team: Houston Texans
    Off Playbook: NE
    Def Playbook: STL

Why did you pick the team you did? I'm a Texans Fan

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Tom Savage, starting QB

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? McKinney & Johnson starting on DEF, Jalen Strong starting on OFF....need to be difference makers.

The aforementioned Strong/McKinney/Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Nate Washington, Bobby Rainey, Cedric Peerman, Martellus Bennett, & Clive Walford

OG Brandon Brooks, SS Swearinger, WR Andre Johnson
    What team do you dread playing the most? The Pittsburgh Cheese of XWarriorMonk

What team is overrated?
    Indianapolis Colts Eric Ciupik

Underrated?
    Houston Texans

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Cardinals Hordan54
    AFC Champion: Texans
    MBA Bowl Champion: Texans
    Off Player of the Year: Deandre Hopkins
    Def Player of the Year: JJ Watt
    Coach of the Year: HurricaneGL
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Texans

If you don't believe in yourself, why should anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  16. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Believed in me enough to put Amari over Strong

17. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

2 things:
    1) Strong out next 3 games
    2) Not enough balls to go around to feed Foster Bennett Hopkins & Strong

18. seanisgreat87

seanisgreat87 Walk On

My new best friend!

19. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

Team: Miami Dolphins
    Off Playbook: Kansas City Chiefs
    Def Playbook: Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are my favorite team, and I want to play in a league with them.

In order for my team to succeed I need my linebackers, corners, and oline to play better. The OC and DC need to have good gameplans going in, and I need to limit turnovers.

I would say Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi will have the chance to contribute but they will not affect my gameplan.

1. Ndamukong Suh
    2. Jordan Cameron
    3. Kenny Stills
    4. Greg Jennings
    5. Brice McCain

1. Charles Clay
    2. Jared Odrick
    3. Brian Hartline
    4. Brandon Gibson

Any team in my division because they are so important.

What team is overrated?
    I really haven't have a chance to research by rating I would say the Cleveland Browns.
    Underrated?
    I would say my beloved Dolphins are underrated.

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Arizona Cardinals
    AFC Champion: New England Patriots
    MBA Bowl Champion: New England Patriots
    Def Player of the Year: JJ Watt
    Rookie of the Year: Jameis Winston
    Coach of the Year: Corey C
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Denver Broncos/Arlennnnn

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson Walk On

Team: Washington Redskins
    Off Playbook: Seattle Seahawks
    Def Playbook: Seattle Seahawks

Why did you pick the team you did? Because I was the last guy in and that was who was left

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? RG3, the entire defense

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? RG Brandon Scherff, HB Matt Jones

Key additions to your team this past offseason? WR Hakeem Nicks, CB Alfonzo Dennard

Key Losses? LOLB Junior Gallette

What team do you dread playing the most? Dallas Cowboys (They are extremely tough on defense and with Romo/Bryant on offense they will be tough to handle)

What team is overrated? Greenbay Packers (Just feel like their defense lacks the playmakers needed to stay tough in that division)

Underrated? Tampa Bay (They are extremely young on both sides of the ball and could surprise lots of teams this season)

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Seattle Seahawks
    AFC Champion: New England Patriots
    MBA Bowl Champion: New England Patriots
    Off Player of the Year: Carson Palmer
    Def Player of the Year: Von Miller
    Rookie of the Year: Jameis Winston
    Coach of the Year: Jay Gruden
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Us (Redskins), we are another extremely young team on both sides of the ball who is making a commitment to next season but have already proven through 3 games that we will be tough to beat and could make a surprise run at a wildcard.

• Like Like x 4
  21. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

Team: Titans
    Off Playbook: Oakland
    Def Playbook: New England

Why did you pick the team you did? Well, there wasn't many teams left but I figured I'll try Mariota

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? The offensive line, its been terrible so far. Definately will need to improve in the draft

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? no doubt, Mariota and Dorial green beckam will be huge in our
    success

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) Signing Brandon spikes gave us that run stopping element in the middle of the field.

What team do you dread playing the most? I don't dread playing any team but I would say publik drunk with his panthers would be tough.

What team is overrated? what team is over rated? i would say the Sea hawks if we are talking normal NFL. The offense when marshawn lynch isn't killing it is pedestrian.

Underrated? THE RAMS BABY! Killer defense, Todd Gurley and a versatile weapon like Tavon Austin

Your Predictions:I predict we will have a top 10 pick

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  22. SwagKingCole23

SwagKingCole23 Walk On

Team:
    Off Playbook: NYJ
    Def Playbook: NYJ

Why did you pick the team you did? Revis Island is so majestic.

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Geno Smith is the make it or break it of the team.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? Devin Smith out of the slot will see a lot of work and Williams could make an impact with the defense.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) DARRELLE REVIS, Brandon Marshall

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) Not sure.

What team do you dread playing the most? Jeremy Rasmussen the games are always close, thank god I don't play in his conference.

What team is overrated? Seattle Seahawks.

Underrated? Houston Texans

Your Predictions: I started with this team 0-4, I will go 10-6 and make playoffs.

NFC Champion: Wyrmreaver
    AFC Champion: XWarriorMonk
    MBA Bowl Champion: XWarriorMonk
    Off Player of the Year: Carson Palmer looks like it so far
    Def Player of the Year: Darrelle Revis
    Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Langford
    Coach of the Year: Mike Tomlin
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: New York Jets! J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

23. Wyrmreaver

How dare you choose me to win the NFC, the Bears are terrible

24. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Team: New York Giants
    Off Playbook: NYG
    Def Playbook: NYG

Why did you pick the team you did? Odell Beckham and team that was available.

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Rashad Jennings, if he has a good year on the ground it will open up the offense.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2015 season? Landon Collins will start at SS and hopefully has a solid season.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) Landon Collins, Shane Vereen, and Ereck Flowers.

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) None

What team do you dread playing the most? Coachmedicis Bills

What team is overrated? Philly

Underrated? Oakland

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Cole Copeland Seahawks
    AFC Champion: Coachmedicis Bills
    MBA Bowl Champion: Coachmedicis Bills
    Off Player of the Year: Carson Palmer
    Def Player of the Year: Von Miller
    Rookie of the Year: Melvin Gordon
    Coach of the Year: Rex Ryan