MBA Year 3 Owner Interviews

Discussion in 'Madden Ballers Association' started by Tyler Wilson, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson Walk On

Team:
    Off Playbook:
    Def Playbook:

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed?

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season?

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades)

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries)

What team do you dread playing the most?

What team is overrated?

Underrated?

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion:
    AFC Champion:
    MBA Bowl Champion:
    Off Player of the Year:
    Def Player of the Year:
    Rookie of the Year:
    Coach of the Year:
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach:

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson Walk On

3. Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson Walk On

Team: Washington Redskins
    Off Playbook: SEA
    Def Playbook: SEA

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? RG3

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? Connor Griffin

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) Dorial Green-Beckham, Larry Fitzgerald, Steven Hauschka

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) Trent Williams, DeSean Jackson, Aqib Talib

What team do you dread playing the most? Chicago Bears

What team is overrated? Browns (Pshh AFC Champs)

Underrated? San Francisco

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Chicago Bears
    AFC Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
    MBA Bowl Champion: Chicago Bears
    Off Player of the Year: Johnny Manziel
    Def Player of the Year: Kilgore (Jags)
    Rookie of the Year: Patrick Hennings
    Coach of the Year: Rukus
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: RyanRain39

• Like Like x 2
  4. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Team:
    Off Playbook: Dallas Cowboys
    Def Playbook: Atlanta Falcons

My offensive line. My offense doesn't have as much star power as my defense. And while I think I can limit opponents to scoring I will need to score myself to win games. If the offensive line helps give Demarco Murray holes then we will be successful.

God I sure hope so. I only have one rookie who will be getting significant play time. The 2nd overall pick WR Moody is figuring to be a big part of the pass game. Still some question marks about how he will play once he gets on the field and if he can handle the transition from college to pros but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1000 yard season out of him.

I think one of the biggest additions around the league as a whole was the trade to aquire Josh Norman. Our biggest weakest on defense was the lack of a true shutdown corner and we Norman we feel we have that. This past offseason we were very quiet in free agency but picked up a few solid pieces.

none

Right now from what I have seen around the league I don't look forward to matching up with the Bears ever. A speedy qb paired with 2 of the best WR's in the game is gonna cause nightmares.

What team is overrated?
    I think the Redskins are overrated. He had a successful first season but I'm not sure he knows who just entered his division. Change of guard in the NFCE.

Underrated?
    Dolphins. I'm not sure you can even say they are underrated. After having one of if not the best draft of the offseason, their roster is looking to be on the rise.

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Bears
    AFC Champion: Not really familer with the AFC teams soooooo Steelers?
    MBA Bowl Champion: Bears
    Off Player of the Year: Demarco Murray
    Def Player of the Year: Luke Kuecly
    Rookie of the Year: Patrick Hennings
    Coach of the Year: Wyrmreaver
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Me ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Team: PITTSBURGH STEELERS
    Off Playbook: PITTSBURGH
    Def Playbook: PITTSBURGH

If the defense forces turnovers we will win games. We have some young guys on defense, should be fun to watch how they progress through the year.
    Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2016 season?
    Keifer Farris. This young man will start at LOLB for us this season. He showed up to camp and we knew he was ready right away.
    http://www.daddyleagues.com/mba/player/6241185/attributes

We added a ton of depth. We feel confident in how deep we are at almost every position now. Hope these guys make an impact for us on special teams if they don't find the field.

I dread playing the Bengals.... I really would hate to have to kick SwagKingCole23 for quitting early...
    What team is overrated?
    What team? I can't give you a team.... but I can give you a division... lets talk about the entire NFC NORTH. Wyrmreaver seanisgreat87 GridIRONguru614 nick rodriguez
    Underrated?
    I think the Dolphins... with this draft are underrated, but I have thought that before.
    Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Vikings
    AFC Champion: Steelers
    MBA Bowl Champion: I'll leave this blank
    Off Player of the Year: Leveon Bell
    Def Player of the Year: JJ Watt
    Rookie of the Year: The Cards new QB
    Coach of the Year: XWarriorMonk
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: The Ravens

• Like Like x 3
  6. ttati1213

ttati1213 Walk On

Team: New York Jets
    Off Playbook: New York Giants
    Def Playbook: New England Patriots

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Geno Smith QB had 31 interceptions in a sim season need to vastly improve there.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? Rookie WR Moses Patrick plans to figure into the Return game with WR B.J. McKay ,in his sophomore season. A few sophomore players will be fixtures along the offensive line in Kasey Blake (83 overall), who was drafted as a Tackle but moved to Guard to fill a position of need, and Cornel Cox who is starting at RT (80 overall).

Key additions to your team this past offseason?
    (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) No major additions this offseason but the previous offseason saw additions of Doug Martin RB, Larry Donnell TE, and the resigning of Damon Harrison DT.

Only major cut last season was lifelong Jet D'Brickashaw Ferguson who is entering his age 33 season and was expendable with Cornel Cox taking his spot on the front line.

What team do you dread playing the most? I don't dread playing any team as I've never really played in this league yet only had one user game rest were sim to win or cpu and that was with the Giants. Obviously the goal for every team in the AFC east is to keep the Patriots off the top of the division. I'm looking forward to playing the Dolphins twice a year as Grace is a friend of mine.

What team is overrated? IDK

Underrated? Miami Dolphins, already a talented team and just had a monster draft

Your Predictions:
    NFC Champion:
    Seattle Seahawks
    AFC Champion: Oakland Raiders
    MBA Bowl Champion: Seattle Seahawks (back to back even though sim season's don't really count)
    Off Player of the Year: Johnny Manziel QB Chicago Bears (too many weapons)
    Def Player of the Year: Luke Kuechly LB Carolina Panthers
    Rookie of the Year: Patrick Hennings QB San Francisco 49ers
    Coach of the Year: Seattle Seahawks HC
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Miami Dolphins drafted a lot of talent don't be surprised if he claims the AFC East

Owners Mentioned: Cole Copeland xSavedByGracex kjm007 Wyrmreaver Gonzo612

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  7. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

Team: Kansas City Chiefs
    Off Playbook: Green Bay Packers
    Def Playbook: New York Giants

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? QB Josh White needs to carry over his momentum from the rookie season, and the O-Line need to play at high capacity for White to play efficiently.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? I hope. Taylor McDonald at WR, Davion Russell at LE, and Malik Garner at CB will be starting this year.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) Traded next year's 1st to move back into the 1st this past draft to pick up Garner. As mentioned above, the 3 rookies in the draft, who I hope to make a huge impact. Was able to sign Richie Incognito and Chris Cook in the Free Agency.

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) We cut veteran Alex Smith for cap reasons. Tamba Hali has been talked about for the last week or two, but no official agreement has been made for Hali.

What team do you dread playing the most? Playing a bunch of new guys, as my first user game in MBA will be either PreSeason or Week 1. Playing the Raiders twice is a bit worrisome, as is any game with Coachmedicis.

What team is overrated? Panthers

Underrated? Eagles

Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Vikings
    AFC Champion: Bills
    MBA Bowl Champion: Bills
    Off Player of the Year: AJ Green
    Def Player of the Year: Justin Houston
    Rookie of the Year: Sedrick Riley
    Coach of the Year: XWarriorMonk
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Colts

• Like Like x 2
  8. GridIRONguru614

GridIRONguru614 Walk On

Team: Green Bay "Title Town" Packers
    Off Playbook: Tampa Bay
    Def Playbook: New Orleans

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? New Additions FS Eric Reid, DT Demontray Ponder, and Julius Thomas. Last year the defense was anemic at times and hopefully with some new additns via FA and the draft we have sured up some of those issues. Julius Thomas was the big name offseason additon. He looks to make an immediate inpact in the redzone as last year Richard Rodgers had a tendency to drop the ball during key moments. Most importantly, Aaron Rodgers needs to perform better this year and try to limit the turnonvers that he gave up in the last user season.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? DT Ponder was drafted at #13. Green Bay already has nose tackle Jon Hankins, so the plan is to put Ponder at LE and create opportunities for double teams to free up the LBs to make big plays on pass rishing downs. 4-3 Speed Rusher LE Robert Carter who was among the top DEs in the draft will be moved to OLB to fit the scheme looks to make an impact by stepping in once Clay Matthews or Nick Perry need a breather.

Key Losses? FS/CB Micah Hyde is among those from last years squad who will be missed. He made huge contributions at nickel corner. He has found a new home in Cinci and we as an organization are happy for him and wish him continued success. DE Darnell Dockett and OLB Julius Peppers have been lost to retirement. Their careers speak for themselves. They will also be missed.

What team do you dread playing the most? The division rival The Chicago Bears. They always find a way whether legit or not to win. The ball always seems to bounce thier way and their defenders fly to the ball. Good Coach/GM makes for stressful Sundays.

What team is overrated? The Washington Redskins. Its my belief that the skins took advantage of ownership issues among the other teams in that division. With more consistent and competitive owners, I'll be interested to see how they fare going forward.

Underrated? I dont know who I would consider underrated. I'll say this. I am intrigued by the teams that Jacksonville and Miami are putting together. They have both drafted incredibly well.

NFC Champion: Green Bay Packers or Seattle Seahawks
    AFC Champion: Pittsburg Steelers or Oakland Raiders
    MBA Bowl Champion: The MBA trophy will make its return to TITLE TOWN
    Off Player of the Year: QB Aaron Rodgers
    Def Player of the Year: MLB Luke Kuechly
    Rookie of the Year: MLB Simuel Bernard or OLB Kiefer Ferris
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Eagles?

• Like Like x 1
  9. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Tennessee Titans

Off. Playbook Titans
    Def. Plabook Titans

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? QB Mariota WR Wright TE Walker - Mariotta needs to protect the ball better and use his targets. The titans cannot succeed if he is turning the ball over.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? WR Beasley and C Chandler - beasley will start alongside Wright while Chandler will control the ol.

Key Losses? Dorial Green-Beckham

What team do you dread playing the most? Two early to say but i think this will be a great learning experience for the titans and there rookie coach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KelchSWagger

KelchSWagger Walk On

Team: Cleaveland Browns
    Off Playbook:phi
    Def Playbook:phi

2nd Year QB Carter took the team to a super bowl can he best his rookie year

RB Sellers can he bring a spark to the cleveland running game and rookie OLB Lane Fast can he bring a pass rush

TE Mcdonald be another target for CArter

None (yet)

Steerlers

What team is overrated?
    Cleveland Browns Teams is old as Dirt in King Tuts tomb

Underrated?
    There are a couple of sleepers

Your Predictions:

AFC Champion: Raiders
    MBA Bowl Champion: Bears
    Off Player of the Year: Johnny Football
    Def Player of the Year: Simuel Bernard
    Rookie of the Year: ?
    Coach of the Year: ?
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Eagles

• Like Like x 1
  11. SwagKingCole23

SwagKingCole23 Walk On

Team: Cincinnati Bengals
    Off Playbook: Denver
    Def Playbook: Atlanta

Who on your team needs to play well for you to succeed? Andy Dalton needs to play well on the offensive side and Vontaze Burfict is now the MLB so he needs to lead the defense.

Will any rookies make a direct impact to your gameplan for the 2017 season? C.J. Cole will be starting RT, Vince Griffin will be starting RG, and DeMarcus Lucas will be starting at LE.

Key additions to your team this past offseason? (Draft, Free Agency, Trades) Micah Hyde, DeMarcus Lucas, C.J. Cole.

Key Losses? (Cuts, Trades, Retirement, Injuries) The only losses on the team are AJ Hawk and David Bruton Jr. David will be missed as a leader and community ambassador.

What team do you dread playing the most? I dread playing the Steelers, it's a team I personally dislike and I usually have good game with XWarriorMonk

What team is overrated? The Chicago Bears (Wyrmreaver)

Underrated? The Miami Dolphins (xSavedByGracex)

Your Predictions: I believe after the 1-0 start, we will go 12-4 and go to the playoffs.

NFC Champion: Seahawks (Cole Copeland)
    AFC Champion: Me, duh!
    MBA Bowl Champion: Not Sure
    Off Player of the Year: Jeremy Hill
    Def Player of the Year: Jadeveon Clowney (melvis hawkins)
    Rookie of the Year: Chadrick Bell (melvis hawkins)
    Coach of the Year: Me
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: San Francisco 49ers (Jeremy Rasmussen)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Thanks for the bulletin board material. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Team: Tamp Bay Buccaneers
    Off Playbook: Dallas
    Def Playbook: Dallas

It all comes down to the play of Jameis Winston. If my quarterback can be successful then my whole offense will be as well. Just as important as QB to my system though will be the play of my RB. If i cannot run the ball too much pressure will fall on Winston and thats not a recipe for winning games.
    Traded my picks for Kevin White but I'm sure he will be worth it!
    Kevin White
    Jabaal Sheard
    DeSean Jackson
    Vincent Jacksons retirement forced my hand on the kevin White deal. Luckily i was able to get that done or the impact of V Jax retiring would've been huge for me.
    Buffalo Bills. Me and coach go way back and he always gives me pure hell on the field.
    What team is overrated?
    I haven't been here very long but the Seattle Seahawks would have to be my pick from my time in Group Me. All bark, no bite.
    Underrated?
    Im not really sure on this one so Miami Dolphins maybe?
    Your Predictions:

NFC Champion: Chicago Bears
    AFC Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
    MBA Bowl Champion: Chicago Bears
    Off Player of the Year: Johnny Manziel
    Def Player of the Year: Jabaal Sheard
    Rookie of the Year: No Idea
    Coach of the Year: greatnessdc
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: Watch out for the Eagles

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Team: BUFFALO BILLS
    Off Playbook: Buffalo
    Def Playbook: Carolina

People that have played me know I like to play man to man on the outside and mix up blitzes and looks all game so Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby need to play well in order for me to do that.

FS Clay was the #7 overall draft pick that the CPU took for me in the last draft. He will be a game changer on defense. On top of that, I have several impact players for the sim season who i'm just now getting to use for the first time.

- Clay
    - Marks DT - makes a nice pair of DT's with Dareus
    - Harris DE - if he can give some sort of a pass rush, Hughes and him will end up being a nice pair

- Lesean McCoy was traded for draft picks.

Not sure I really dread playing anyone. As long as the game is fun and not full of BS i enjoy playing most, especially guys like wyrm, troy, jordan
    What team is overrated?
    Baltimore Ravens. I still think he's a playoff team, but i think that is the Steelers division now.

Underrated?
    Colts - New owner that likes to pass and his qb is now Andrew Luck. Watch out if he can trade for some receivers.

Your Predictions:

AFC Champion: Steelers
    MBA Bowl Champion: Steelers
    Off Player of the Year:
    Def Player of the Year: Jerry Hughes
    Rookie of the Year: Cardinals QB (daddy leagues is down)
    Coach of the Year: Chargers coach Rukus as he'll make them a playoff team
    MBA Dark Horse Team/Coach: I'd watch out for the Eagles in the NFC

• Like Like x 1