MCYORKS NCAA 2k8 Career Coaching Legacy

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by mcyork, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I am in season 2 of my favorite basketball game. I have had this game from the jump it has such in-depth recruiting. I went 16-13 in my 1st season at Morehead State I lost 2 seniors and brought in 3 3 star recruits(two from over seas). I will post my Roster later and play a couple of games tonight with recaps.

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

ROSTER
    Staring 5
    PG FR Dorien Finn 6’3” 182 lbs Kansas City KS
    SG SO Roger Ager 6’1” 184 lbs Davenport IA
    SF SR Dor Stanley 6’5” 206 lbs Columbus GA
    PF SO Hasheem Abram 6’9” 217 lbs Trenton NJ
    C FR Oliver Ngounou 6’10” 242 lbs Cameroon
    Bench
    SG JR Edward Stephenson 6’4” 211 lbs Bowling Green KY
    PF SR Noah Faulk 6’7” 209 lbs Buffalo NY
    SF SR Leon Parsons 6’5” 205 lbs Corpus Christi TX
    PG JR V.J. Gamble 5’11” 192 lbs Flint MI
    PG SO Irving Zachery 6’3” 190 lbs Dallas TX
    C SO Kevyn O’Bannon 6’8” 247 lbs Lexingotn KY
    Red Shirts
    C RS FR Antanas Katelynas 6’10” 236 lbs Lithuania
    C Walk-On RS FR Trevoy Tran 6’11” 238 lbs Charlotte NC

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

MSU VS TULSA

The Eagles opened the season on the road facing the University of Tulsa and it seemed from the jump that the youngsters were outmatched. Tulsa shot 50% from the field and 40% from behind the arc as they beat MSU 79-74. MSU was lead by FR C Oliver Ngounou who had 24 pts and 8 rebs. SO SG Roger Ager chiped in 17 pts and his backcourt partner FR PG Dorien Finn had 5pts and 9 asts. Tulsa was lead by SO PF Scotty Moody who had 16 pts and 7 boards. The Tulsa bench scored a combined 40 points fot them tonight. MSU faces the Southern Utah Eagles on Monday next week.

Southern Utah vs MSU

The Southern Utah Eagles came to town tonight to try to rattle the 0-1 Eagles of Morehead St. Behind the strong shooting effort of SO SG Roger Ager who led the team with 17 pts MSU blew out the SUU Eagles 85-62. Morehead hit 7-13 3pt shots. Morehead outrebounded the Eagles 45-32 led by FR C Oliver Ngounou who had 12 boards. Other contributers for MSU were FR PG Dorien Finn who had 7pts 4rebs and dished out 9asts and the bench was lead by RS SO C Kevyn O’Bannon who chiped in 14pts and 5 boards. The Young Eagles inmprove to 1-1 on the season and have a Saturday matchup with the Ohio Bobcats.

MSU vs Ohio
    The MSU Eagles came out in the second half and set the tempo, led by FR C Oliver Ngounou's double double (20 pts,10 rebs) and outscored the Bobcats 46-38 to win the game 77-70. The Eagles had 4 players in double figures. Joining Ngounou were back up center Kevyn O'Bannon who had 17,16 from SG Roger Ager (3-4 from behind the arc) and 10 from Hasheem Abram. Ohio was led by SR SF Jeremy Konate who had 24 pts and 2 rebs. Up next for the Eagles is a trip to Ames Iowa to take on the Cyclones of ISU.

MSU vs Iowa State

MSU came out swinging and had a lead late into the 2nd half until experience and sharp shooting from ISU SO SG Florentino Delic (who poured in 27 pts 15 of which came with under 8 min to play in the game) was just too much for the Eagles as they dropped their 2nd game of the year to Iowa State 83-65. "They were just too much height wise, basketball IQ, skills, and hustle. We couldn't match their tempo late in the game. Experience is what we are lacking Dor had a good game but I need him to be a coach on the floor(Dor Stanley the only starting SR had 16 pts and 7 rebs). We learned something today and we come away a better team because we got out asses handed too us." said Coach York after the game. C Oliver Ngounou led all Eagles in scoring with 20 but only grabbed 4 boards after averaging 10 reb in his 1st 3 games. The Eagles have another big test on Thursday night as they travel to Las Vegas to take on Maryland in the 1st round of the Blackjack Shootout. Depending on the outcome they play the next night in the winners bracket or losers against either Utah or Notre Dame.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

MSU RECRUITING

The Eagles have 4 scholarship offers already given out in this early season. Coach York is looking to bring in another solid class highlighted by 6’4” PG from Nigeria 3 star Femi Odia. Also the coaching staff is high on local product from Louisville (Ballard High School) SF Dustin Lemons. Both recruits have Morehead as their #1 school. C Bennet Newsom West Virginia’s Mr Basketball just got an offer this week he has Morehead ranked in his top 4 but the 6’10” manchild is leaning to East Tennessee. 2 star SF Jonathan Smallwood from Canton OH rounds out the offers. The early signing period is only 3 weeks away.