"Mea Culpa"

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by DreSmithJr, Sep 22, 2010.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

"Mea Culpa"

TF Members, Commissioners, Admin & Staff

About 2 Months ago, by some act of fate and luck, i stumbled onto this site from seeing it listed on another users signature (i think JerzeyReigns....) on Operation Sports. I got to the site checked it out and decided to join for 3 reasons:

1)To play against SKILLED and TALENTED SIM players to improve my ability on the xbox
    2)To participate in some AMAZING leagues operated by some GREAT commissioners
    3)To have a place to discuss all the random FUCKERY that is sports.

After my first couple of weeks, i had BY FAR the BEST experience ive had on a site and in the leagues i was in. I saw how much work went into the community, site, leagues, etc and decided that i wanted to contribute and become a PREMIER member.

At this point is where I MADE some VERY UNwise decisions. I knew that as a premier member i wanted to increase my involvement with the site, from more content in my leagues as well as content OUTSIDE of them (i.e the "predicition threads") so that while CONTRIBUTING the site would get to know me more as a person. The DRASTIC PROBLEM with that is I went from 10% to 100% wayyy too quickly, EXPECTING folks who have never talked to me or seen me in real life to know when i was being sarcastic or joking even if i didnt put an **** or an LOL. Then when my jokes were taken serious (as they could of easily been) it appeared that im this ARROGANT A**HOLE who thinks he is GOD's Gift to xbox and TF. I have looked back at the posts ive made, and everytime i put myself into a mindstate of "if i didnt know this guy i would think..." i was like WOW O_O no wonder i have this perception.

FOR THE THINGS IN POSTS IVE SAID THAT WERE WRONG AND EVEN FOR THE POSTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE JOKES THAT WERE TAKEN THE WRONG WAY... I DO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE

Grasping the concept that i cant be myself 100% because with out my FACIAL EXPRESSION, HAND MOVEMENTS, LAUGHS, etc the WORDS i say STAND ALONE is something that's new to me, because i haven't been on sites like this before. BUT the effort is being MADE, to scale back my jokes, stop making the threads, and to focus on the CONTENT for my leagues. At least until more people from the site interact with me via the xbox mic and get to know me better. All the stuff outta my sig has been removed and ive gotten rid of the rod smart gamer pic.

Again I do apologize for the HEADACHE that has been ME on this site for the past couple weeks. HOPEFULLY this can be a step in the RIGHT direction MOVING FORWARD.

- Dre

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

+1 to this post Dre. I appreciate the effort you have put into changing your image on the site.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

you're all good man.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." John C. Maxwell

+2 to this post, well said.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

In a communication class I had to take last semester one of the biggest things we covered was how to show our emotions within our written words. All to often, people's emotions get misconstrued within writing.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Definitely a step in the right direction Dre, and I for one will be happy to consider the slate wiped clean of any misunderstandings we may have had in the past.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Dre, you and I have never had problems but I do know others have and understandably I sympathize with them. That said, I appreciate the effort you're making to become a better person and improve your relationship with everyone on the site. Its not always easy admitting when you're wrong or admitting your faults so I commend you for that as well; no ones perfect after all.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

LOL, I love how you changed your pic from He Hate Me to Prime Time, lol

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

If you truly believe everything in that post then it's a good start.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yup, TF is something you ease into... when you have a site full of testosterone, it bodes well to tread respectfully until others are familiar with you and your intentions.

good post, and any issues i had with you Dre are squashed at this point.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    *applaud*

It takes stones to say, "Hey, I was a douche, sorry."